Deleted

Hit/exp scaled down in CM

Hello,

I have started to do some challenge modes on my ele shaman, but I am facing a little problem: I have 15.01% hit out of challenge mode and 14.38% in.

Any idea what can cause this ? Here is its armory: eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/archimonde/jimpz/advanced

Regards.

If you change gear inside the CM it will fuck with your ratings. It's only kept unchanged when you zone in.

my guess is that as your spirit gets lower so will your hit chance.

It isn't a perfect system, I believe it works best if you acquire all of your hit from actual hit rather than expertise or spirit.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Its likely those timeless isle pieces you have on, the random stat pieces last I heard went wonky in cmods and scaled down stats reguardless of them being hit/expertise related(So probably the boots/second ring)

Any random stat pieces will have their hit / exp / spirit (if non-healer hybrid) scaled down. This includes but is not limited to bracers from ToT, Timeless Isle pieces, etc.

And as someone pointed out, you have some of this type of gear.

Deleted
    You are right guys, timeless hit-gear totally messes up once into the dungeon, I'm gonna try to change them.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    It isn't a perfect system, I believe it works best if you acquire all of your hit from actual hit rather than expertise or spirit.
    As a shaman ? good luck with that

It's a known issue that Blizz doesn't seem like they are going to fix, timeless, or any other "random" stat items (ToT socket bracers, for example) downscale as if they were normal pieces
    Retired hunter

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you reforge Hit/Exp to something else, the reforged stat is scaled, but Hit/Exp stays the same as it is on the item, BUT if you reforge for example Haste to Hit/Exp the reforged stat, in this case Hit/EXP is also scaled down

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxvriin View Post
    Its likely those timeless isle pieces you have on, the random stat pieces last I heard went wonky in cmods and scaled down stats reguardless of them being hit/expertise related(So probably the boots/second ring)
    ^ What I was going to say.

In my experience it usually occurs if you roll an affix which has one secondard stat instead of two. Those affixes have the wrong ILVL budget and it apparently screws with the ILVL adjustment calculation, leaving you short. Replace those pieces and you should be fine.

Can't quite tell which one it is, trying to read French :P

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think that's the case, however since hit and expertise up to the cap do not get scaled it's beneficial to get hit on high ILVL items if possible.

In WoD luckily all these fiddly calculations and power creep will be gone. No more sockets or hit issues, it'll be purely based on optimal stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    In my experience it usually occurs if you roll an affix which has one secondard stat instead of two.
    Exactly so, and this is the only problem. It doesn't matter if your items have hit, expertise, spirit or anything else. If you have random assignment items (timeless gear, usually) with any form of hit and only one secondary stat, they do not scale correctly in CMs. Re-roll your timeless pieces until you get two-stat rolls or replace them with LFR gear. You don't really want the stat reduction that comes from using single-stat timeless gear, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    If you change gear inside the CM it will fuck with your ratings. It's only kept unchanged when you zone in.
    False. Swapping gear inside a CM is fine and I do it all the time,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JUNK de LUXE View Post
    my guess is that as your spirit gets lower so will your hit chance.
    Still false. Spirit is not down scaled for hybrid DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. Doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't think that's the case, however since hit and expertise up to the cap do not get scaled it's beneficial to get hit on high ILVL items if possible.

In WoD luckily all these fiddly calculations and power creep will be gone. No more sockets or hit issues, it'll be purely based on optimal stats.
    Yeah, but the sets are going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Scashxor View Post
    If you reforge Hit/Exp to something else, the reforged stat is scaled, but Hit/Exp stays the same as it is on the item, BUT if you reforge for example Haste to Hit/Exp the reforged stat, in this case Hit/EXP is also scaled down
    Wrong again. The scaling algorithm actually normalizes all of your gear to the same item level before recalculating your stats (some of my pieces gain stats when entering a CM, while other pieces lose stats) but you hit and expertise ratings should always come out the same, excepting the single bug which results from having random stat pieces with only one secondary which contributes to you hit/expertise caps. The bug exists because the item is below it's secondary stat budget and doesn't scale correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Yeah, but the sets are going away.
    Yeah, and you've only had two years to earn them (or buy them, since that's a thing).