Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Spoilers] Warlords of Draenor or Invasion of the Burning Legion?

This thread has some spoilers.

So we know Garrosh gets killed off during a quest. Now with the auchindon video out, we know the draenei are already summoning parts of the burning legion. See video 5:50 mark.

So the burning legion is already invading pre 6.1. We know Garrosh is dead, alot of the actual warlords are dead or are to become raid/instance bosses in 6.0 and at the same time the sargerei are summoning demons and shit.

Shoulnd the expansion be called Invasion of the Burning Legion instead? The primary antagonist is dead, the warlords the expansion is called after are either non existend, dead, or finished off in the first months. I think Blizzard is pulling a trick here. Invasion of the burning legion incoming 6.1.

And with that, does this mean this will be the last expansion for WoW?

They already have the next expac in work so no.
    There is still a lot of iron hord (iHord) left. The main antagonist is probably sort of Grom Hellscream. His son is more like a minion. There is also some old god plot, and oger plot (and land) to explore.

I think the next expansion will be tackling alternate Illidan and then maybe the one after that will be alternate Kil'jaeden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the spoiler warning for Garrosh...

Deleted
    I'd love a burning legion expansion, count me in.

Deleted
    What i'm curious about is how they'll manage to convey the burning legion as a real threat, given that all legion forces we kill on draenor are ones from another dimension. If we kill Kil'jaeden (or any other demon) on draenor there's still gonna be a Kil'jaeden back in our timeline.

I wonder how they'll make it feel meaningful.

Maybe this time Illidan will be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    I think the next expansion will be tackling alternate Illidan and then maybe the one after that will be alternate Kil'jaeden.
    so we get to fight alternate KJ and then deal with our KJ (he's not dead). Yeah no

Thanks alot for the spoiler warning there @OP.
    Idiot... :\

Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-05 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    It's more of a callback of all that happened in the Rise of the Horde and The Burning Crusade. After all, we deal with grand part of the Shadow Council, including capturing Gul'dan in 6.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    You have it all wrong. Garrosh was never meant as a villain in this expansion, just a catalyst, a gear in the story. It still surprises me how many people were surprised by his death. I suspected they would get rid of him from the very start, and not disappointingly, they did. At Blizzcon, the devs said (and they didn't seem to be joking) that the final boss would be Grommash Hellscream. Furthermore, during Tier 1, we get rid of only two warlords, Blackhand and Ner'zul, and I'm not even sure if counting Ner'zul in as a warlord makes any sense since Gul'dan is even now pretty much more powerful than he is, and they're both members of the same clan, meaning Gul'dan is probably the one to consider a warlord. Regardless, there's still Kargath, Kilrogg and Grommash left.

Also, the Burning Legion never had any plans to invade Draenor. It's the one planet where they realized invading would make the Draenai flee with the help of Naaru again, accomplishing nothing. While they might have changed the Burning Legion's decision in this timeline, I'm still very dubious about the idea that this is going to be a Burning Legion expansion. While I love the Burning Legion theme, that would be outright deceiving the players.

Personally, I only really expect the Burning Legion in this expansion as a part of a content patch with a Gul'dan raid, where he's trying to summon either Mannaroth (to make the orcs drink the blood again, but I'm doubting this since Blizz said Garrosh already stopped them from drinking the blood, but tbh even the devs themselves don't have half a clue what they're doing to the story right now) or, more likely, Kil'Jaeden.

I think the Burning Legion stuff is probably build up for the expansion after.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    This would totally make me feel like I'm accomplishing something and not just playing recycled content!

/s

Nice spoiler ya fucking dick. Block that out.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-05 at 12:41 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You have it all wrong. Garrosh was never meant as a villain in this expansion, just a catalyst, a gear in the story. It still surprises me how many people were surprised by his death. I suspected they would get rid of him from the very start, and not disappointingly, they did. At Blizzcon, the devs said (and they didn't seem to be joking) that the final boss would be Grommash Hellscream. Furthermore, during Tier 1, we get rid of only two warlords, Blackhand and Ner'zul, and I'm not even sure if counting Ner'zul in as a warlord makes any sense since Gul'dan is even now pretty much more powerful than he is, and they're both members of the same clan, meaning Gul'dan is probably the one to consider a warlord. Regardless, there's still Kargath, Kilrogg and Grommash left.

Also, the Burning Legion never had any plans to invade Draenor. It's the one planet where they realized invading would make the Draenai flee with the help of Naaru again, accomplishing nothing. While they might have changed the Burning Legion's decision in this timeline, I'm still very dubious about the idea that this is going to be a Burning Legion expansion. While I love the Burning Legion theme, that would be outright deceiving the players.

Personally, I only really expect the Burning Legion in this expansion as a part of a content patch with a Gul'dan raid, where he's trying to summon either Mannaroth (to make the orcs drink the blood again, but I'm doubting this since Blizz said Garrosh already stopped them from drinking the blood, but tbh even the devs themselves don't have half a clue what they're doing to the story right now) or, more likely, Kil'Jaeden.
    Still, a catalyst getting killed off so easily is a bit daft...

-Bad Arrakoa (This hasn't been developed completely yet), Maybe Anzu ....again and whatever cult they have
    -Orge Kingdom. We can safely assume this will be a major raid / patch come 6.1 / 2 / 3 or filler at the end.
    -AU Buring Legion. Probably the biggest joke I've seen since this AU really means nothing to Azeroth, its a silly comic book thing I never got into.
    -Iron Horde. Grom and whoever stay alive will still have a large force after the patch. Also we have little info on Faralon and what that is going to be. I fully expect Grom to be the 2nd "End boss" like Archimonde
    -Guldan. He's going to be a big player, maybe he gets grom & iron horde to drink blood or something.
    -Subplots in Azeroth. Still a loot of other plots they could explore in Eastern Kingdom / Kalimdor stemming from SoO / War Crimes
    -Madivh. Some people think this guy could end up as a boss "AU Kara" All dimensions and realities are open to Prince amirite....

I can live with Killing AU orcs as its technically the first time many people ever see these guys, but legion..gimme a friggin break...We have 1 expac already and a guaranteed 1 to 2 more of legion in Azeroth.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind the time period we're in. The Legion has already tried corrupting the Orcs nce, no surprise there's a ton of them around.

Could WoD end with a legion invasion, perhaps. But so far it also could not.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we are really the Warlords... not the fearsome horde leaders? Whoa.... deep.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    We see the rise of a new Warlord in Nagrand. That's the beauty of an ongoing story, new characters can appear and take the Warlord role.

Garrosh and the old guys are just the catalyst of the story, they aren't the story itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    GODDAMMIT. Put. Spoiler Warning. In. TITLE.

At the very least, put a lot of space between your first sentence and the rest. By time I've read 'Spoilers..." I've already read the actual spoiler.

And yeah, they're faking us out here. it's annoying, actually, since the guys built up as the threat are mostly dispensed with in the first patch.