Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn it... they got me to sub again

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post
    I'm insanely pleased at this. Blizz seems to get they need something big and splashy for the anniversary.
    A recycled raid falls into a " big and splashy" category ?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    LMAO omfg the sense of ENTITLEMENT.
    Yes, what entitlement to simply wish this was done for Flex for fun's sake instead of LFR. Do you know what the word entitlement even means?

First of all, it's a social game, and that means it extends outside your close-knit group of 9 friends.
    First of all, my "close-knit group of 9 friends" is actually about 26 in guild. Secondly, nothing about LFR is a social experience. People join in silence, play in silence, and leave in silence. They could be NPCs and it would make no difference.

Secondly, it's a BOOSTED MOLTEN CORE. You know how I know you're not a Vanilla veteran? You don't remember how painful that place was, nor do you remember that back then you AUTOMATICALLY had 20 failboat captains and 20 people who knew their crap. That was why 40 man raiding died.
    How is this an argument for making it LFR? Lol. "Well it's true to the experience because you'll have half retards and half good people!". Ok, how does that make it more fun? Oh right, it doesn't. If it was flex I could just guarantee that it's a raid with no retards, and it would be a more social experience for people pugging it since they'd actually be talking to other players in the raid.

This will definitely be interesting, and I'm sorry you're too anti-social and lacking in a sense of humor to fully enjoy it. The rest of us? We'll be having a blast.
    Yes, I'm so anti-social that I joined a guild that has a friends rank that outnumbers the amount of raiders. So anti-social that we have guild-meetups IRL and play all sorts of games together, not just WoW. So anti-social that everybody is on first-name terms instead of using character names. Oh look another fucking idiot who doesn't know the difference between wishing it was Flex so that I could just enjoy it with my friends, and not wanting to play with ANYBODY BECAUSE THE GAME SHOULD BE SOLOABLE!!111.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    A recycled raid falls into a " big and splashy" category ?
    For a two week event? Yes, I'd say so. Throw in the 100v100 BG, and that's quite a bit for two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh look another fucking idiot who doesn't know the difference between wishing it was Flex so that I could just enjoy it with my friends, and not wanting to play with ANYBODY BECAUSE THE GAME SHOULD BE SOLOABLE!!111.
    Just relax, this honestly isn't worth bursting a vein over. You're going to do it once and steamroll it, get your mount and pet and then realize how horrible MC really was and never do it again.

Or, what you could easily do is get on your Realm forums and find a few other smaller guilds who are in the same position as you and just join as a large group which is exactly how smaller guilds used to do MC in Vanilla (double nostalgia!)

Maybe the guy you quoted went a bit overboard, but you need to chill. This really isn't that hard.

The corehound mount is too badass. Kinda looks bipedal when it's running viewed from the back though, no big deal.

Looks really interesting I would love to see Blizzard implementing re-scaled raids with perhaps slightly re-done mechanics more often in the future, requires far less development time and could easily help quell content lapses, obviously if they remain strictly LFR level it would get boring :P So maybe new difficulties introduced sometimes rather than entirely re-scaled instances? Everyone should make sure they play the crap out of this LFR because perhaps if it becomes insanely popular they will do it more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I just want to point out:

They won't alienate an entire portion of the fanbase who doesn't buy the expansion within first month of release.
    Not to mention that WoD is far from ready for primetime atm. So people would actually have hardly any time to get to level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    True. I still think they'll just make it an annual thing to give it added novelty.
    They might do that, but if the playbase wants them to keep it I wouldn't be surprised if it stays and I really hope it does. Haven't PvP players been asking for a team deathmatch BG for years now?

wow finally some good stuff for an anniversary than just an experience boost, i cant wait to get the core hound mount

it's the only good pvp content they have made in forever and it's limited time only?

no wonder the game keeps bleeding subs. stupid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    40m raiding, looks like someone is copying Wildstar.
    LOL really dude? Prepare for your Newbie flogging. MC back in 2005 or 2006(can't remember) WAS a 40 man raid, just like Naxx and AQ40

10+ Year Old Account
    And you all thought the dog was a store item, *crosses arms and makes shifty eyes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Notice how they don't mention how long this "limited time" actually is? I can totally see them making the anniversary last a month or so.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    This is the stupidest post I've seen in a long time.

I would also prefer it to be possible to just go in with a group even if it wasn't 40 players.
    A organised and geared 10 man could probably faceroll 40man MC, but if they don't find another 30 players, they are forced to queue with random people they have never met before and never will meet again.

It isn't about not liking MMOs being MMOs, but not liking being forced into group with random people you never met or will meet again just because the game says its 40man.
    I'm going to actually echo his sentiment. Waaaah I'm a wrath baby who can't handle what a real MMO should be. Waaah
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Missing the point. I don't want to be with randoms at all. LFR is not enjoyable to me, even if I have part of the raid made up of friends. We're a 10man guild, we don't have 40 people so inevitably at least half the raid is going to be made up of dribblers who just slow everything down.
    So accept that you won't get it then.

Sheesh, if you can't muster through ONE run, then perhaps you don't deserve the mount? Take your 10 guildies, that's still 10 people you know, and go for it. Nothing else to it.

I'll be mustering through it alone or with guildies, whichever comes first, since I WANT that mount and the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I marked a little bit right now. Can't wait for it

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm going to actually echo his sentiment. Waaaah I'm a wrath baby who can't handle what a real MMO should be. Waaah
    Real mmo = playing with other people. Doesn't say anything about it needing to consist only of people you know and like. Anyone whinging about it being 40-man should grab the bulls by the horns and stop complaining. With it being an UPSCALED and not REDONE 40-man raid for an event meant for everyone to succeed, I'd be VERY surprised if it offers any challenge at all. Especially with a team of premades in the group.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those complaining about the LFR and the "retards" and how stupid it is, please take a step back. If we're all honest with ourselves, there is a time we can all remember not knowing what we're doing at all, for me for example that was Karazhan. Just because someone doesn't know how to play their character or isn't familiar with SoO (current raid tier here) for months like you doesn't mean they are retarded or stupid. They just don't know! New people subscribe all the time. I've met players who started the game for the first time in 2014, months after Siege. What are they met with? Guild's that won't take them if they want to raid since they aren't 560+ for FLEX and LFR groups full of people who all yell to "kick the guy doing 40k dps, he must be a fucking idiot!". These LFR heroes do nothing productive. Same even goes for 5 mans.

Those of us who know our characters and raid heroic content that occasionally go into LFR for whatever reason, helping a friend etc. should just take the extra second and explain the fight. I'm a tank, I do quite well at this and it does make it easy to control a raid. You guys have no idea how grateful these players are afterwards when you take the time to explain the fights on a basic level and walk them through it. Tanks auto get assist but ask for assist, help set up groups, a little goes a long way. I had a group in LFR one shot Garrosh and lose only ONE person to annihilates by simply explaining how to avoid them. Sure people got hit, but not often enough to just die to it. If people don't help them then how will they get better? "good" players seek out the help, you know there is always someone better than you, why not extend your helping hand to those who may be afraid to ask for help because they aren't in your guild, or on your server and are "clearly retarded and can't play their class".

I know this is a bit of a rant, but it just bothers the shit out of me. Seriously, it's amazing how many people are thankful for explaining things out instead of treating them like they are worthless shit. They are eager to be included and be a part of the raid rather than just some "dead weight" slowing your uptight ass down. They are grateful when you give them more than 10 sec for being afk, since you know, a lot of people who do LFR can't commit hours at a time, precisely why they are there and not in a traditional raid structure. Sure there are trolls, there are freeloaders, handle those as well, but I can promise if you are an "LFR hero" and you start shit talking the other members of any raid I am in, you better be pulling serious numbers to back yourself up, otherwise you're going to eat those words.

"Good" players like us who can help carry a lot of weight in these runs. Instead of using it to be a dick, or snobby to the "other 30 retards that aren't in my 10 man raid" why don't you do your part and just help them do theirs.

Ok end rant.

As an aside. I, for one, am super excited about these ideas for the anniversary. I agree that TM v SS shouldn't be always open, but a once a month or every other month Dark Moon Fair type of thing would be nice. The old MC raid will be great. I do wish it could have difficulties (wastes dev time though), but in all honesty by today's raid standards MC was always an "LFR" style difficulty, and the idea of PUGs in it just makes it that much more authentic, as not many guilds back at current even ran it with ONLY their own members unless they were pushing BWL or more. 100% agree with the poster before, if you had a 40 man raid ACTUALLY full of competent players you were DnT, that's that. So take off your elitist caps and just play it as an event and have fun!!

Krotos (Krotôs - US Sargeras)
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2014-08-06 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post

"Good" players like us who can help carry a lot of weight in these runs. Instead of using it to be a dick, or snobby to the "other 30 retards that aren't in my 10 man raid" why don't you do your part and just help them do theirs.

Krotos (Krotôs - US Sargeras)
    Bloody well said! I'd tip my hat to you if I had one.

there goes another raid tier