Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoD Holy Priest Stat priority?

versatility, multistrike and mastery which is best for holy priest and why?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nezzar View Post
    versatility, multistrike and mastery which is best for holy priest and why?
    Multistrike will be best due to the major attunement Holy gets for it. Versatility I would imagine will be the worst, since Holy doesn't dps much, and it seems to me like it's more of a hybrid stat.

Multistrike -> Haste -> Mastery/Versatility/Crit (these 3 are roughly equal in value) is the current WoD stat priority that you will be using because holy revolves heavily around renew which gain 0 benefit from mastery and the only direct heal you cast is CoH because everything else is mana cost prohibitive currently at least in a raid setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Multistrike -> Haste -> Mastery/Versatility/Crit (these 3 are roughly equal in value) is the current WoD stat priority that you will be using because holy revolves heavily around renew which gain 0 benefit from mastery and the only direct heal you cast is CoH because everything else is mana cost prohibitive currently at least in a raid setting.
    Divine Providence plays a pretty major part in making Multistrike more beneficial too.
    "You gain 5% more of the Multistrike stat from all sources. Also increases the damage, healing, and absorption of your multistrikes by 25%."

Divine Providence is definitely a reason to multistrike being your best stat, but the increase to multistrike healing is "only" 7.5%(30%*1.25=37.5%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Divine Providence is definitely a reason to multistrike being your best stat, but the increase to multistrike healing is "only" 7.5%(30%*1.25=37.5%)
    Its a tiny bit more as Multistrike gets two chances to hit per heal, I think (could be wrong!) assuming a successful Multistrike the Divine Providence value is:
    =chances(base amount%*value increase)
    =2(30%*1.25)
    =15%
    Divine Providence increases the healing from each successful Multistrike by 2*7.5% (15% total).

Going back a step here;
    Obviously renew is affected by haste, and a Multistrike can Crit. However Multistrike does not appear to be affected by Holy's mastery, this makes the value of Crit rise as our Multistrike value rises. Not forgetting Versatility is a flat increase to healing AND reduces damage taken.

What I'm getting at is there will be points in which it is better to take other stats over Multistrike, if and when these points are hit is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    Going back a step here;
    Obviously renew is affected by haste, and a Multistrike can Crit. However Multistrike does not appear to be affected by Holy's mastery, this makes the value of Crit rise as our Multistrike value rises. Not forgetting Versatility is a flat increase to healing AND reduces damage taken.
    MS and Mastery do in fact interact.

A MS applies mastery HoT, but Mastery HoT ticks do not have a chance to MS. There was a period where it was doing both. It should not double dip... one or the other.

Deleted
    What I'm getting at is there will be points in which it is better to take other stats over Multistrike, if and when these points are hit is another question.
    Havoc12 came up with the equation a while back (full thread here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ssion)/page14) :

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post

/snip
    The addition of multistrike and versatility and the way they scale is interesting it is in the form of

(1+versatility)*(1+crit)*(1+mastery)*(1+0.3*multistrike) for holy and (1+versatility)*(1+(1+mastery)*crit)*(1+0.3*multistrike)*(1+0.5*mastery) for disc.

In addition the a+b*x scaling has changed b*x i.e. base healing is removed and it now it is just a spell specific scaling factor multiplied by spellpower. So the whole thing is a series of multiplicative factors. That makes it so that you need to keep a fixed difference between your various stats for maximum raw throughput. For example multistrike rating = crit rating + F, where F is a constant that depends on the stat scaling for crit and multistrike and the crit modifier.

Multistrike is a very interesting stat for both disc and holy, but because disc has a fairly large crit modifier, they will probably have to maintain a big difference between crit and multistrike.
    ofc its kinda out of date now with the stats atunement, but still very viable.
    Edit : If I remember correctly, this equation doesn't take into account the major usage of renew not interacting with mastery so it could/should also be tweaked this way for a more "correct" distribution of optimal stats.
    Last edited by mmocf4af30eb25; 2014-07-29 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    MS and Mastery do in fact interact.

A MS applies mastery HoT, but Mastery HoT ticks do not have a chance to MS. There was a period where it was doing both. It should not double dip... one or the other.
    Thanks for the clarification
    It seems that renew grants a Mastery HoT upon being applied but subsequent ticks/Multistrikes do not - this is where I was confused.

I'm a little bit excited that WoD will likely be different from 'X stat until # then dump into Y stat'.
    Are there any accurate spreadsheets/sims floating around? I've not been able to find anything that looks solid yet.
    Tempted to start my own but I'm a little short of time for the next 2 weeks.

*edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Havoc12 came up with the equation a while back...
    ...ofc its kinda out of date now with the stats atunement, but still very viable.
    Edit : If I remember correctly, this equation doesn't take into account the major usage of renew not interacting with mastery so it could/should also be tweaked this way for a more "correct" distribution of optimal stats.
    Thank you for this!
    Last edited by appro; 2014-07-29 at 11:38 AM.

I'm a little bit excited that WoD will likely be different from 'X stat until # then dump into Y stat'.
    We can't reforge anyway, so that's kind of implied

It seems that renew grants a Mastery HoT upon being applied but subsequent ticks/Multistrikes do not - this is where I was confused.
    To be pedantic:

Its Rapid Renewal that is applying the Mastery HoT (a pittance).. a % of a %.

http://wod.wowhead.com/spell=95649/rapid-renewal

Granted, RR is doing the incorrect % its doing 15% of a single tick, not the total periodic effect.

Are PoM/PoH and the new Clarity of Purpose not worth casting at all? Obviously beta is beta, and even though I love Renew to death, was hoping there'd at least be some variety in it. Few questions for people who are in the beta atm though:

1) With Cascade not refreshing Renew, is Glyph of Renew worth it? Would it be worth casting it in Mythical raids or is PoH spamming more effective?
    2) Because Rapid Renewal doesn't drop the GCD of Renew to 1s anymore, is haste always beneficial? Or are we still (somewhat) going for breakpoints, despite having no gems/reforging.
    3) Is HW: Sanctuary finally not shit?
    4) Lightwell doesn't dispel from damage. Does this mean that glyphing for a clickable one and having people use it right before a large AoE is legit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

In the raid testing you are basically only having the mana to cast renew and CoH. Even then you still oom in about ~3 minutes or so. PoM is utter garbage so I wouldn't even waste a global casting it. Clarity of Purpose is currently under-tuned, and I usually wouldn't dream of casting a PoH because you couldn't afford the mana cost.

It's pretty abysmal to heal right now. Maybe actual PvE gear and the spirit enchant buff (lol?) will help somewhat.

From what I gathered testing holy on the Beta during the raids. Our casted heals hit for garbage (PoM, PoH, Heal, Cascade) and the only worthwhile is Renew and CoH at the moment. We need casted heals to get a major bump in effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Are PoM/PoH and the new Clarity of Purpose not worth casting at all? Obviously beta is beta, and even though I love Renew to death, was hoping there'd at least be some variety in it. Few questions for people who are in the beta atm though:

1) With Cascade not refreshing Renew, is Glyph of Renew worth it? Would it be worth casting it in Mythical raids or is PoH spamming more effective?
    2) Because Rapid Renewal doesn't drop the GCD of Renew to 1s anymore, is haste always beneficial? Or are we still (somewhat) going for breakpoints, despite having no gems/reforging.
    3) Is HW: Sanctuary finally not shit?
    4) Lightwell doesn't dispel from damage. Does this mean that glyphing for a clickable one and having people use it right before a large AoE is legit?

Compared to how it is now all spells seem shit, because they heal so little compared to now. Even Heal(Flash Heal)will have to be spammed to top someone off.
    You get an "Improved Renew" passive that increase the duration by 3 sec, so I'm using the Renew glyph right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went holy last night because we needed healers and I noticed that glyphed Binding Heal costs almost the same mana as Heal... Intended? I had 2pT16 (which we won't have during progression, I know), so my healing on Kologarn basically consisted of 2x BH + PoH, CoH on cooldown and PoM on proc. Averaged 40-45k HPS and mana wasn't that big of an issue. Had I used PoH a little bit less, I'd say my mana would have lasted...

Without 2pT16 I would have used Heal instead of PoH and that would be even less mana-intensive...

Thoughts?

Power Infusion is the strongest talent on that tier currently because self heroism and 20% less mana costs is extremely good for renew spamming on the new healing model. Kromog kill for reference with 22 ppl 4 healers and and 7:34 fight that was with premade not cheesing with main and op set bonuses/trinkets gear.

Power Infusion is the strongest talent on that tier currently because self heroism and 20% less mana costs is extremely good for renew spamming on the new healing model. Kromog kill for reference with 22 ppl 4 healers and and 7:34 fight that was with premade not cheesing with main and op set bonuses/trinkets gear.

Do you have logs of this?

Nvm i actually had log here it is: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/.../#type=healing
    Last edited by Isheria; 2014-08-06 at 01:23 PM.

What do you guys use during PI?

Using my own beta numbers at 5.98% base haste, PI will take me to 39.1% haste(1.0598*1.05*1.25). That gives you 18 globals during PI. Using 18 renews at 2448 mana each, that saves you 8812.8 mana every 2 minutes. With spirit tuned to 4.12 mana per five seconds at the moment, the mana you save on PI is roughly equal to 89 spirit. That's not a lot, only little more than what you can get from a ring.

ToF on the other hand gives you a 15% increase to all of your healing if you can proc it.