Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    You will not break 540 in a short amount of time even if you were an ex Blood Legion player if you try and do everything guildless.
    I got 544 on my paladin within 2 weeks upon hitting 90. And I don't count being in a random leveling guild for the perks as being in a guild. RNG can still fuck you up though but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of so many clueless people acting like they know anything about anything. Seriously, it's actually entertaining to watch.

His complaint is that he's guildless and LFR puts him under 530. If he spends a few months of doing Ordos, Celestials and getting valor upgrades and finally getting the cloak, he'll push 550 at some point.

The only legitimate answers to this question are: Join a guild or only host your own flex runs so you can actually get into one. You will not break 540 in a short amount of time even if you were an ex Blood Legion player if you try and do everything guildless.
    My alt is 541 with no flex gear and I don't do any raiding except LFR, hence it being an alt. Only a couple 2/4 upgrades as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

What do you mean by "go away"?

It used to not be visible in the default UI at all and people started using mods that displayed it. That's the reason Blizzard made it visible in the first place. If they hid it again, everyone would just go back to using mods for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like many others have said, gearscore would merely rise again to replace it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only legitimate answers to this question are: Join a guild or only host your own flex runs so you can actually get into one. You will not break 540 in a short amount of time even if you were an ex Blood Legion player if you try and do everything guildless.
    I'm currently ilvl 574 and I have pugged everything. I'm in a solo guild so it's just me and my alts. I've cleared LFR, Flex, Normal and am currently 7/14H. I pug everything. It's entirely possible to gear up without a guild. Now, the amount of time that takes completely depends on your luck.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...araya/advanced
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the title and the OP it sounds like you want stats to go away, because ilvl determines stats, and the only way to get rid of gear requirements is to get rid of all the stats that make some gear better than other gear. We would end up with a game where people raided for fun, to get gear that looks cool. Guild Wars is like that, isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I want it to disappear because of players with High Ilvls that don't take the time to gem, enchant their gear or learn how to play their class. Which in MY experiences is a vast majority of players. Such things should be a factor in your Item Level score because that shit is just ridiculous. Even if it doesn't go away Blizzard should tweak it.
    Not gemming or enchanting your gear should be a clear indicator they either 1.) They may not know how to play this characters or 2.) They don't care enough to gem/enchant. Each are a pretty clear indicator you should avoid them but neither 1 or 2 indicate how well they will actually perform.

If you don't perform at least competitively to someone within 10 ilevels of yourself then it's not gear.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    everything has been said already. We had gearscore. Now we have ilvl. what will happen if ilvl goes away? exactly =)
    This is what will happen if item level goes away, you are correct. I would love to see all gear level systems to disappear entirely but not going to happen. :/

No, because then we'd get gearscore instead.

People will ALWAYS find a way to exclude and raise themselves above others.

you cannot force your opinion on the community, that is all, ilvl can go someone makes a gearscore addon, you don't like it? fine you don't join that group make your own but most groups will require a gearscore.

so it's your own fault for not making your group, you have a a problem with the community, well the community has a problem with your bad gear, answer is to hide in a corner until you have better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    ILVL has always been there. Blizzard made it transparent when the playerbase behaved terribly during the rise of gearscore addons. Removing the visibility of it would only cause those addons to reappear. Epeen flaunting/stroking better-than-you attitudes would become a bit worse again.

Your intention for removing it isn't noble. It's selfish. The only reason you want it to go away is because you think you're better than others and believe that you deserve the spots they are given in pugs. And removing the visibility of ILVL would not accomplish this.

If you want the raid spot. Earn it. Join a guild, make some friends, or start your own pug as Blizzard and others have said over and over.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2014-08-08 at 07:19 PM.

Only way to make ilvl redundant is to make stats extremely polarized spec to spec (and possibly drop items to a single secondary stat) - but then all that's going to happen is players that know what they are doing (and addons) will stop others from being able to play and those people would have no idea why their gear is bad without such an easy guidance through highest ilvl = best.

This would only hurt those players, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you cannot force your opinion on the community, that is all, ilvl can go someone makes a gearscore addon, you don't like it? fine you don't join that group make your own but most groups will require a gearscore.

so it's your own fault for not making your group, you have a a problem with the community, well the community has a problem with your bad gear, answer is to hide in a corner until you have better gear.
    Lol no one is "forcing their opinion" I merely asked a question and stated my experiences with Ilvl, how bout you read my post next time.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Title pretty much says it all, does anyone else wish Item Level would just go away?

I'm someone who raided pretty much "Hardcore" from 2004-2011 before taking nearly 3 years off from the game. It saddens me to see people with 540+ item levels with completely ungemmed, unenchanted gear getting chosen to do even old content before me because of a fucking 3 digit number. On a daily basis i find myself outhealing, out dpsing and out living players with much much higher item levels than I am. I can't be the only one, it's sickening. Thoughts?
    Most people are too lazy to check out your actual item level on Armory, so lie about it. If item level was gone, it would be replaced with the GearScore addon, which is what we used in Wrath (you sound like you played then, so you should remember that). I agree it's terrible people are judged based upon that. I have a lower item level than many people in current content, but I manage to outlive and outdamage them. So if someone asks my item level, I lie and they never notice.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It would just get replaced with gearscore in a heartbeat, and do we really want that?
    NO!! NO we wouldn't

*shudder*

They need to come up with a better way to view peoples' gear in-game.

I think Ilvl is a decent indicator of the amount of time someone has put into their character. If they are 560 they are more likely than someone who is 540 to know the fights in normal SoO. It's just a numbers game... You'll just have to raise your ilvl and join a raiding guild where people can see how good you are.

Deleted
    I wont ever get what people love with ilvl. Gearscore was indeed far far worse but well, a bad thing isnt good just because it takes the spot of an even worse one.

Atm it's totally absurd with the way oq, openraid etc works with ilvl. When I geared my sham I remembered putting some 553 pieces I've got offspec as an enh just to queue easier. Ilvl in its current form means not a single thing. A lot of time best ilvl gear aren't even upgrades. Getting those full of haste piece of gear on my fury warrior even with 5 ilvl best is a straight dps loss. People ungemmed and unenchanted get their free pass because they have ilvl.

Yes, ilvl is easy to get, that's a great part of the actual issue. It means nothing and just leads to other nonsense. I saw ton of Garrosh NM pug asking for 570+. People are increasing more and more ilvl cap because people with decent ilvl are often really bad anyway.
    I really want to see people inspecting pug at the fly like everyone used to do and/or check actual progression on armory instead of "985+ no skill nor knowledge needed".

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's 6.0 group finder will not allow you to set requirements for a raid that you yourself don't meet. So no rogue in timeless gear insisting on 550+ so he can get carried.

Deleted
    only one thing to say yes...