Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Vanilla - Leveling
    TBC - Insanely overly extreme attunements.
    Wrath - Ulduar. What a crap raid.
    Cata - Redone 1-60 quests.
    MoP - The art, the raids, the dungeons, the pvp, the Pandaren, the legendary cloak, pet battles, challenge mode gear.

Everything in MoP was bad. Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: A lot. It was really clunky, but it was better than anything else at the time. Server being done roughly 5 to 10% of the time has to rank up there though.

BC: 10 OR 25 man raids, not 10 AND 25 man raids. Part of progression was to move from 10 to 25, and if you ever wanted to do ZA go back to 10 again? WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

Wrath: Additional instances can't be launched.

Cataclysm: Deathwing was only cool in the Cataclysm cinematic. I was shocked out how derpy they made a 500 feet elementium Old-God infused dragon. Derpy.

MoP: Farming, both literally and figuratively. Lots of dailies to farm, lots of rep to farm, and of course you actually have to farm.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-08-10 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Cata: The "being out of mana is fun" mindset ghostcrawler had at the start of Cata. Yes, GC. It is absolutely amazing gameplay, that our healer has to drink for 20 seconds after each trash pack, and unless you got lucky with the 2 set(? or 4 set) mana bonus things, you were basically useless as anything
    To touch on this, the inherent problem with mana in cataclysm was that they were trying to make mana matter later in the expansion's life span by having the floor extremely low to begin with. In MoP they changed their strategy by making int no longer increase mana.

• TBC: Hard to catch up when taking a break. Everything was very entangled in a linear way.
    • Wrath: I skipped almost entirely
    • Cata: All around cheapness. Everything felt like a cheap struggle, with the exception of launch and t11.
    • MoP: Timesinks and lockouts being plastered over absolutely everything, including preraid alt stuff. I'm ok with having to commit a lot of time to my main, but maintaining my alts in has been a complete nightmare, and the preraid gear is not even as good as it used to be compared to normal gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: The grind. It took too long for a normal player to get to 60.
    BC: The raid progression design. Going from a 10 man to 2 25 mans in the same tier made smaller guilds break up or merge with larger ones.
    WotLK: TotC.
    Cata: Alliance Storyline in most zones, lame Twilight Highlands starting experience.
    MoP: Dailies, lack of dungeons, too much focus on Horde lore characters.

Vanilla: Not an expansion - Why anyone is commenting on the greatest iteration of WoW is beyond me.

Burning Crusade: Illidan's story Arc, guild poaching, the start of Welfare Epics (Badge gear), and flying mounts killing immersion and exploration.

Wrath: Death Knights OP-ness, Trial of the Crusader, bringing Naxx (the greatest raid ever) back and utterly disrespecting it and those who did it while current, destroying hybrids/support classes and trying to homogenize everything, and the continuation of flying mounts.

Cata: Old World revamp, Worgen, Dis-jointed leveling zones, making the Old world fly-able, continuation of flying mounts, Healers being un-killable 1v1, Talent Tree removal, Class homogenization continuation, Guild Leadership usurped due to inactivity, LFR implementation, and Power Torrent/Landslide enchant graphics.

MoP: The whole story, Pandas, continued homogenization, continuation of flying mounts, Welfare Legendary Cloak, Timeless Isle, Monks, having yet another decent character go full bat-shit crazy for no reason (Garrosh), absolutely awful (the worst ever implemented) dungeons, continuation of LFR, and did I say Monks?

Vanilla: Gaining 1 rep per kill for faction grinding.
    BC: PvP and a few game breaking PvP abilities such as Life Bloom, Mace spec warrior with stunherald and Warlocks being able to solo other class just using their pet and life drain.
    WoTLK: Reusing old content like Naxx and Onyxia as main raid tiers, OP DK's at the start.
    Cata: 5 levels of suck to a quick end game with nothing to do really. First time I actually completed all the content with nothing to do after.
    MoP: Raids are very forgettable and lackluster in epicness, the introduction of the new talent trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    vanilla: grinding, how if you wanted to play a spec and it was not "good enough" you were laughed at and left out.
    BC: same spec problem as vanilla. Also if you were a DPS class without a CC, forget about ever getting in a heroic.
    WoTLK: T9 was ugly and boring but I loved everything else. Especially ICC.
    Cata: LFM DS10 normal Ilevel 400+ link achieve PST.
    MoP: LFM SoO Flex 1,2,3,4 Ilevel 570+ link ahead of the curve achieve PST.

I'm very aware that the last two are cause by the community but that's what ruined the game for me.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Wasn't around for it.
    TBC: Too young to really say much, maybe trying to do get people to trust you enough to do a Heroic 5 Man
    WotLK: Tier making the previous obsolete, especially with Badge Vendors. SotA/IoC being added as BGs. Paladins in PVP at the start.
    Cataclysm: Vash'ir, horrid to quest in still, Most of the Patch Content and the removal/cancellation of the Abyssal Maw Raid.
    MoP: Levelling to 90 multiple times, Timeless Isle with Bloody Coin Kill Squads (Ruined the Isle for my Hordies), massive gaps between release of 5.4 and WoD, PVP Stun/Instagib Fest, Battlefield Barrens, Emphasis on Valor, Legendary Chain on Alts.

Also every book that develops the plot outside the Game, meaning those who don't read the books miss out on things.

Expectations from WoD
    WoD: No flying, Stupid Tardis Plotline, More Orcs after a Year of Orcs, Ability Pruning being taken too far.

Should also do a best part of each Expansion Thread, because whilst there are lots of Problems I list with MoP, it probably has been my favourite Expansion with things I've loved.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Classic: No direction (but I think this was good)
    BC: guild dramas
    Wrath: Faceroll raids bred an entitled playerbase tied with TotC raid
    Cata: Green Jesus overfocus / Deathwing's character butchered
    MoP: Panda/Chinese culture far too outlandish for WoW
    WoD: Alternate Time Travel nonsense
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    That we gotta wait 12months with no content each expansion.
    That is also one of the big gaps where the subs start falling, close those and the leak is MUCH less intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Since we're going with xpacs I too will skip vanilla so...

BC - Arenas, completely ruined pvp, Illidan and Kael'thas going batsh*t crazy evil guys

Wrath - There's a reason it was called BOREan Tundra, pvp continued on its downward spiral with every class getting 2 or 3 "trinket spells"

Cata - I actually liked cata, i find it weird that so many people hated it, it's the only xpac that i didn't unsub from for reasons other than being broke. But I do hate how they catered to the casual crowd (i'm casual) and nerfed all the awesome difficult dungeons after the first patch. I mean seriously we finally had cc's back in dungeons then boop gone.

MoP - Meh, everything i guess? i like timeless isle cause at this point i'm super casual with wife, kid, job. but other than that the xpac never really caught my attention though i do have 2 or 3 90s

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Vanilla: Gnomes
    TBC: Making Kael'thas evil
    WotLK: Removing raid achievement mounts.
    Cata: Hard dungeons at launch, made the community rather elitistic.
    MoP: Tough choice between pandas and the ending
    WoD: Scrapped capital cities.

It's easy to get lost and you don't know where anything is.

This is also the best part, if you have the patience for it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Vanilla: Craftable gear being required for multiple raid bosses and to progress in an instance. Having to run everyone through Ony to get their cloak isn't good design.

TBC: The dungeons. There were probably 5 or 6 unique designs for dungeons in TBC, and the rest were just linear hallways that used the same art assets. Plus the bosses were either uninspired and simple, or overcomplicated and overtuned.

WOTLK: First tier of raids. Naxxramas was completely undertuned and forced nearly every 10man guild into 25man to get the gear. Sartharion was nothing but a boring burn-fest, and Malygos was unique enough, but he was the only interesting boss in the entire tier.

Cataclysm: Lack of raid content. Say what you will about everything else in Cata, but I think the only area it truly disappointed was in the lack of raid content after T11.

Mists: Legendary questline. Not only does it make sure everyone gets a legendary, it also makes sure that you have to do it over and over and over on your alts. As someone who hates being forced to log in on alts everyday, I can't stand the Legendary questline.

Wrath: Ret Paladins getting nerfed into oblivion.
    Cata: Ret Paladins being useless until the last patch.
    MoP: Ret Paladins not getting buffed despite being the most garbage spec in the game.
    WoD: Further nerfs to Ret Paladins because God knows they still had one or two things that set them apart from Target Dummies.

Vanilla: Raiding
    TBC: Lore/Questing
    Wrath: Removing Meta mounts from Naxx
    Cata: Everything
    Pandaria: Not enough Leveling dungeons, influx of whiners about the pandas and dailies. (That second bit sadly couldn't be fixed by blizzard.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Vanilla: Class balance
    TBC: Battlemasters
    Wrath: LFD
    Cata: LFR
    MoP: Pandaren, story, that sort of ballpark?
    (expected) WoD: Removal of 10man
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: The grind
    TBC: How terrible flying was (60% flight speed mount).
    WotLK: People bitching about how great TBC was.
    Cata: T12 and T13.
    Mop: People bitching about pandaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

TBC: The incessant bitching that Vanilla was better.
    Wrath: The incessant bitching that TBC was better.
    Cataclysm: The incessant bitching that Wrath was better.
    MoP: The incessant bitching that Cataclysm was better.
    WoD: The (inevitable) incessant bitching that MoP was better.