Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm against it 100%.

Unless it's a reprisal of his role as King of the Moon from The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen. Then sure, i'm behind that.

Does WoW have good floating head model?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Edit: also, im playing WoW to get away from the real world, why would i really want stuff from it ingame.
    Indeed, I really hate all the "this is funny, laugh, nudge, nudge" popculture references in WoW, most of them are not funny or even particularly clever. I think their careless use has decreased the level of immersion and storytelling in the game. Seeing Paris Hilton in Shattrath in TBC was a real low point and about the time when I stopped caring about Warcraft story or reading any of the quest texts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Robin Williams was a great actor and had is own style of comedy that nobody can duplicate, If Blizzard feels the need to do something in honor of him that is their business and it wont affect me either way, but we have to be honest about the situation where a man was heavily addicted to illegal drugs for decades and committed suicide by hanging himself which is THE most selfish thing a person can ever do, leaving behind family and friends to mourn and suffer the loss especially his young daughter. He took the easy way out and left all of the problems behind for family in friends to deal with and clean up.

You'll be missed Mr. Williams, rest in peace. And to Blizzard you really need to think really hard about this before you do something that could have quite the backlash.

Happy gaming everyone.
    Here come the Irish.

Deleted
    Who is that guy? Can you link his armory?

I would love if just one person would give proof he even played WoW. Cause from what I've seen nobody has. It's just a bunch of people saying he did with no evidence whatsoever. So yeah. I'll be waiting.

people who kill themselves don't deserve to be honoured.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    He was more into Legend of Zelda... thats why he named his daughter Zelda. I can see why he would deserve some recognition in Legend of Zelda but not in Wow sorry.

Deleted
    Why you get angry over thing like this and start to bitch about it lol.
    It's not your game and, so if Blizz decides they want to add NPC in memory of him, they can do whatever they want and quite frankly, no one cares if you want it or not.

Looks like Blizzard's going to do something in commemoration after all:

https://www.change.org/p/activision-...live/u/7833030

Personally, I'm cool with this. There's so many pop culture references in WoW that it'd be almost a crime not to include him, considering Robin Williams was a huge cultural icon for many players in WoW growing up.

Personally, I hope his NPC is a Paladin standing on a desk saying, "Seize the Light" ...for reasons.

http://www.businessinsider.com/robin...e-games-2014-8

already confirmed, Prepare for Mork from Ork
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    it is very selfish to commit suicide when u have millions of fans, i am not supporting someone who dont care for others. no thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Why you get angry over thing like this and start to bitch about it lol.
    It's not your game and, so if Blizz decides they want to add NPC in memory of him, they can do whatever they want and quite frankly, no one cares if you want it or not.
    The answer it pretty simple. It is MMO-Champion and that means this is where people come to either complain or instigate complaining when it comes to WoW anymore. Anyone that praises the game or claims they enjoy it get attacked or called things like 'white knight' but if you bitch and moan you get a quick and most meaningless support staff in support of it.

If the devs want to put him in then so be it. If you don't like things from RL being in WoW then you already hate WoW. It already has tons of RL references all over the damn place. Just take a look at the dances for example. Apparently a lot of players want him to have an NPC as well. So the devs of the game and a lot of players of the game want it. Sounds pretty cut and dry. The guy was a genius and touched a lot of people. Sure it sucks that he killed himself. But why focus on someones death when you can focus on someones life instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. the man had problems and while I don't condem him NO, unless he did something special for WoW or the WOW community which I don't think he especially did, but even then the guy killed himself, I don't think the guy deserves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... There are some very heartless and sad people on MMO-Champ.

Happy to see Blizzard decided to memorialise Robin Williams.

A reference to one of the roles he played? fine, why not? he did a lot of stuff and many of the charcaters he played could fit perfectly as a wow reference, we have many of those too... no problem at all. But a direct reference to someone who killed himself just because he was funny and did stuff... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    http://www.businessinsider.com/robin...e-games-2014-8

already confirmed, Prepare for Mork from Ork

I feel like Blizz was kinda on the bench about it and suddenly all these outlets picked it up and it went on a roll.
    Either way tho, he was a gamer, he played the game, he is well liked. It makes sense.
    OH and he is prob the most famous trade troll ever... lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see his armory, seeing as he was an avid player!

10+ Year Old Account
    Robin Williams was a great man, and if I could, I'd have all and every character in WoW replaced with the characters he played during his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Im more likely to believe the CDC than someone on the internet.

http://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/basi...depression.htm
    And it wasn't too long ago that homosexuality was considered a mental illness, so I'm not sure what you're getting at, really.
    Look! Words!