View Poll Results: Is 4 dungeons enough for leveling in WoD?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • Yes

139 43.44%
  • No, there should be at least 6/8

87 27.19%
  • No, there should be at least 7/8

43 13.44%
  • No, all should be available while leveling on normal mode

51 15.94%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I am one of those people who try to avoid using dungeons whilst leveling for the first time.
    I prefer to do all the quests in one zone and then move onto the next to get all the lore.

Therefore I am not bothered with having only 4 dungeons.

explore the damn game, WoW is not just about dungons -_-

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    explore the damn game, WoW is not just about dungons -_-
    Never had any alts I guess?

I level through questing for dps and I prefer to spam dungeons on all my healer alts. I don't feel the need to quest 12 times. Switching things up by leveling only in dungeons is something I used to love. Since MoP it's been completely unviable and it seems like the same will happen now. The lack of dungeons won't make me quit up front, but it will make me quit sooner, because I won't be leveling as many alts as I did before.

I really don't see why there can't be two ways to max level. Questing and dungeon-spamming. Ok, make it three, include PvP. And spamming 4 dungeons, even when they give enough XP to level as fast as through questing (which they won't), will be horribly boring and burnout a lot of people, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Never had any alts I guess?

I level through questing for dps and I prefer to spam dungeons on all my healer alts. I don't feel the need to quest 12 times. Switching things up by leveling only in dungeons is something I used to love. Since MoP it's been completely unviable and it seems like the same will happen now. The lack of dungeons won't make me quit up front, but it will make me quit sooner, because I won't be leveling as many alts as I did before.

I really don't see why there can't be two ways to max level. Questing and dungeon-spamming. Ok, make it three, include PvP. And spamming 4 dungeons, even when they give enough XP to level as fast as through questing (which they won't), will be horribly boring and burnout a lot of people, including me.
    I agree and I will add:

I have leveled through quests so many times that I now do this *exclusively* via dungeons and PVP pet battles, herbing or mining or even just plain reading some web page in a different window while sitting in two queues. I just can't do quests any more, I have done them way too many times.

Leveling dungeons are important.

actually level 100 dungeon could be useful.
    for example at the start of mop after you ding 90 you can't enter HC dungeon with normal dungeon gear...
    you need quest gear to enter HC dungeon............ which was pain if you already ding level 90 without any information beforehand

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Then why do we need leveling at all? Even if it takes just a few days, even less if you are really into it, it is good to have the game made as good as possible, having diversity in every possible aspect of the game is something good.
    I don't need leveling but we have it

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They were IMPOSSIBLE to finish in LFD. People who only played with guildies have no idea of the PAIN they were

But yeah, 4 dungeons in 10 levels is just RETARDED. People saying "quest" probably forget this is a MMO, so it should fucking have some group content.
    I did them solo queue in each role. No they was not impossible and I had a high success rate as well while maintaining an instant kick ability due to mainly kick griefing dbags while working together as a team with the group I was put in.

It has already been said that the lack of a normal was an issue with Cata heroics not allowing those who didnt or couldnt do them to seek alternatives. The system at the time forced players into heroics. The once thought insignificant portion of the playerbase that did normals had a larger impact than Blizzard thought it would just like Blizzard ramping up normal raid difficulty in MoP to shove casual raiders into LFR which just caused more problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They repeatedly said that max level normal dungeons were a waste since people just skip them. Now for some reason 1/2 of the dungeons are max level normal dungeons. Leveling in MoP was boring after 1 or 2 runs WoD is looking to make us wish for MoP again.
    Max level normals was gutted in Cata due to queue issues for something that many would blaze past making it a burdensome step for those starting a character later and players who couldnt or didnt want to do WotLK heroics, yes players who couldnt hack WotLK heroics existed and there are those who cant even hack MoP "heroics". Stick one or more of those players in a group designed for those who can do heroics is just a recipe for disaster. Max level normals are returning to WoW because the normal and heroic camps are a large enough that Blizzard to no longer ignore. Many of Cata issues came down to over streamlining while gutting grinds with limited content that let players who would normally spend months or more on something burning through their usual grind to instead hit a wall faster than ever before while losing options that had before with less content all around due to an over extension of resources of the 1-60 revamp.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-13 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    How hard it is CAN factor into it, because a dungeon with no challenge isn't very engaging or memorable. I can still remember each and every route I had to take through each BC dungeon to not wipe the group back in the day. With MOP dungeons it's just pull pull pull, yawn, are we done yet?

IMO, reusing art assets is perfectly acceptable as long as each dungeon feels different, which the BC dungeons certainly did. Mechanar felt completely different from Botanica, even though they both technically used a lot of the same assets.

I do admit, the WOD dungeons feel a lot more like Cata dungeons, both mechanic and immersion-wise, but I personally would rather have 16 dungeons that feel different from each other even if not 100% unique than 8 totally unique dungeons. Your opinion differs and that's fine.
    I would not mind them re-using some assets to create more dungeons. Difficulty wise have Normals being fairly easy for players who dont want said challenge. Make heroics harder like they are going to be in WoD. I see no reason why if you have an IRON horde themed dungeon why they cant re-use some art assets to make a 2nd or third variation of that dungeon. Give them slightly different layouts and just have different bosses.

The dungeons we do have appear fantastic as they are all well done. I would not mind a slight dip in quality to get a few more dungeons out. But I would be careful about just cranking dungeons out for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The dungeons we do have appear fantastic as they are all well done. I would not mind a slight dip in quality to get a few more dungeons out. But I would be careful about just cranking dungeons out for the sake of it.
    Frankly Blizzard has reused art assets a number of times and has even made some fairly good dungeons with a number of reused art assets. Players will always complain, but when Blizzard says they dont want to do it because complaints and yet does it then BS. Releasing two rehashed raids as five mans as the only two new dungeons while trying to force everyone to run them is Blizzards own fuck up. Though I didnt get bored of the, but than again I didnt VP cap everyweek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    No expansion is ever going to have the amount burning crusade had and that's mostly because the quality and work put into a dungeon now is far less than it was back then.
    fixed that for you

Deleted
    Too few dungeons currently. All of the WoD dungeons should have normal modes. People who like dungeons mostly will go crazy running the same dungeon for 2-3 levels or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    They were IMPOSSIBLE to finish in LFD. People who only played with guildies have no idea of the PAIN they were
    Really? Then you were just bad, I remember finishing them just fine, doing them mostly with LFD groups. Oh, yes, we did die a few times, and had cases when someone left so we had to get replacements, but we did finish them without major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    No expansion is ever going to have the amount burning crusade had and that's mostly because the quality and work put into a dungeon now is far more than it was back then.
    This. I think a lot of folks look back with rose-colored glasses and do not remember that a majority of the BC dungeons were linear as hell -- just hallways leading to hallways. They were clearly quantity over quality.

With WOD, Blizz wants us out and questing and not crawling dungeons for all 10 levels.

I only run dungeons 1 time for the quests they give, otherwise I'm exploring the new content. I can understand those who never want to leave the city and just queue up over and over, but there's a lot of content beyond just dungeons you will eventually grow out of within a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Really? Then you were just bad, I remember finishing them just fine, doing them mostly with LFD groups. Oh, yes, we did die a few times, and had cases when someone left so we had to get replacements, but we did finish them without major issues.
    first week?
    it was nightmare -> you need someone with CC + other people to know which mob to kill first and which to interrupt don't to mention boss mechanic

yes it's simple but at the end of WotLK dungeon most people just aoe everything like mindless zombi
    there was many time people break my sab with their aoe....
    also it need some good gear
    (looking at Vortex Pinnacle dungeon)

Judging by the fact that some people that reviewed how fast they leveled in the beta said it was too fast and should be slowed down. Which they did in the current build anyways. So wouldn't worry about leveling dungeons too much.

People seem to think because its 10 levels it will take longer than leveling the 5 levels in MoP or Cata. As many have said on the beta, it's no different. It's the same leveling speed. Takes anywhere between 12-20 hours to reach cap, depending on your speed.

So, 5 dungeons(not 4) is a pretty good amount. TBH, I don't need that many. The game is about max level content. That's where I want to be, not leveling. And while I'm leveling, I want to experience each zone and quest, as well as each dungeon. But more time went into the zones, so that's where I'll be. You should want to be there too.

Personally I think it's iridiculous that not all dungeons are available in normal form while levelling.

I also think that this is some idiotic, deliberate design choice they've made to encourage us to do quest content instead of just levelling through dungeons.

Because why should you get to have fun while levelling, when you can not have fun?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I rarely do dungeons while leveling as it is usually an XP/time loss (at least PUGing,) however, I really think they should have more than four leveling dungeons for those people who enjoy dungeons as their leveling method... just like I believe BG's should give reasonable XP for the PvP'ers. I almost exclusively quest because that is what I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Personally I think it's iridiculous that not all dungeons are available in normal form while levelling.

I also think that this is some idiotic, deliberate design choice they've made to encourage us to do quest content instead of just levelling through dungeons.

Because why should you get to have fun while levelling, when you can not have fun?

Since level 100 Normal dungeons are supposed to be what Heroic dungeons were in Mists of Pandaria, that is, easy shit that you run through once you hit max level (and thus allowing for Heroic dungeons to be hard), the problem is not that there are only 4 Normal dungeons while leveling, but that there are only 4 Normal dungeons at max level. So, while I would welcome more Normal dungeons, should they add them, they should add them as max level dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Frankly Blizzard has reused art assets a number of times and has even made some fairly good dungeons with a number of reused art assets. Players will always complain, but when Blizzard says they dont want to do it because complaints and yet does it then BS. Releasing two rehashed raids as five mans as the only two new dungeons while trying to force everyone to run them is Blizzards own fuck up. Though I didnt get bored of the, but than again I didnt VP cap everyweek.
    Indeed some of the stuff they did reusing some art assets went well. I think if done in the right way with say 2/3 dungeons sharing a similar pallet and other assets we can get a good amount of dungeons at a reasonably high quality too.