Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    you could try not pulling off the tank, that always helps

I like LFR because I'm a raid leader so I understand all the fight mechanics intimately and I have a LOT of patience so I don't really get annoyed by anything apart from rude behaviour.

But then I start every single LFR raid with a cheery "Hey guys how are we all, feeling groovy this afternoon? Ready to kill some dwagons!" or other shit; and that usually gets some conversation going. After that everythings easy lol

Even after all these years of LFR I'm still bemused by the people who don't say a thing until things aren't going how they like then decide to start talking. By then it's too late to tell if the crowd will be receptive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    you could try not pulling off the tank, that always helps
    TBH with Massive Animus activation, there's no saying the tank ever had aggro in the first place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    TBH with Massive Animus activation, there's no saying the tank ever had aggro in the first place...
    Or that he even attacked the mob he got aggro on.

I'm quite sure a 589 shadowpriest can pull more healing aggro with vampiric embrace than most healers in tot lfr do, most people that do it are about 100 itemlevels behind him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The term Elitist made sense in classic. Now, anyone who says this is just confused. The game is accessible to anyone. Just play.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So.. why didn't you just use Fade?
    That's what I wanted to know

Deleted
    I like LFR because I'm a raid leader so I understand all the fight mechanics intimately and I have a LOT of patience so I don't really get annoyed by anything apart from rude behaviour.

But then I start every single LFR raid with a cheery "Hey guys how are we all, feeling groovy this afternoon? Ready to kill some dwagons!" or other shit; and that usually gets some conversation going. After that everythings easy lol

Even after all these years of LFR I'm still bemused by the people who don't say a thing until things aren't going how they like then decide to start talking. By then it's too late to tell if the crowd will be receptive

- - - Updated - - -

I wish more people would be like that, it's amazing the difference it makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    So I was in an LFR just now on my main, because I like to do those for pets sometimes. I get aggro on a Massive Anima Golem for whatever reason and I ask for the tank to tank it. I am then told to calm my shit it's only LFR. I quite literally only said "please tank".

Some curse words are then thrown around and eventually after I noted that I asked for them to tank it so I might do better dps (you know, to get this over with faster) the tank says "You know you're a sad elitist when you worry about ratings in LFR".

I don't know, I don't even, what? How is this even a thing? Has LFR literally evolved into a state where the group is literally BEGGING for you to go afk so you're not noticed as much and can silently collect loot while not showing up on any meters so to add to your stealthyness?

And because I know there will be some "hurrr not whole story" posts here, I'll list the offensive things I said. After a random guy's "shit up jinze" when I asked to tank I said "Shut up waste of space". The end, yes, that is the whole story, I have screenshots.

/Discuss

SCREENSHOT HERE PLEASE CLICK
    Another normal day in LFR then.

LFR logic: If you worry about your DPS, you're an elitist cunt; If you don't care about your character you're a baddie and you get kicked. WHERE IS THE MIDDLE?!

You know that you're to blame for the situation, but you come here pretending that players who are in LFR just hate you because you're "Elitist".

What you did was stupid. You pulled aggro, while being Heroic geared and complained when a LFR / Newly Level 90 (Boosted) character couldn't snap the aggro off of you? There was plenty you could have done to not let this happen, and prevent this argument occuring.

You chose to play the role of the jerk, and they're right to mock you. You're Heroic geared in LFR, and complaining about their skills. That's like me going into High School and mocking all the kids who can't do programming. Grow up.

Deleted
    You know you're sad when you say something in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    LFR logic: If you worry about your DPS, you're an elitist cunt; If you don't care about your character you're a baddie and you get kicked. WHERE IS THE MIDDLE?!
    The middle ground would be understanding that maximising your DPS in LFR while being Heroic geared is silly. He doesn't need to pop Potions and explode on the boss the moment it can be attacked, when the Tank dealing with it has a far lower iLevel.

Hell, I think that's just being a jerk to be honest. I watch my aggro when Tanking Flex / LFR. I think it's a dick move on my part to do my normal rotation, and push DPS just so I can get some self satisfaction from doing so, while the other guy is stressing out and is unable to do much about it. Raiding is about team work, if you're not willing to work as a team, go do some Proving Grounds or something instead ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding Heroic makes me not want to touch LFR at all. Some people there are either beyond help, or absurdly elitist (even though you can inspect them and see that all they have is a AOTC)

My guild is nice enough that we have an "alt rotation", some people take a few alts at a time to be carried through normal while the rest take geared characters, other than that when I do raid LFR i pray that stuff drops so i can do flex instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The middle ground would be understanding that maximising your DPS in LFR while being Heroic geared is silly. He doesn't need to pop Potions and explode on the boss the moment it can be attacked, when the Tank dealing with it has a far lower iLevel.

Hell, I think that's just being a jerk to be honest. I watch my aggro when Tanking Flex / LFR. I think it's a dick move on my part to do my normal rotation, and push DPS just so I can get some self satisfaction from doing so, while the other guy is stressing out and is unable to do much about it. Raiding is about team work, if you're not willing to work as a team, go do some Proving Grounds or something instead ...
    Last time I remember LFR was about team work was when MoP launched when the first 90's were actually trying to work as a team. LFR now is all about nuking bosses and being a dick towards others. I agree that a full HC geared character shouldn't go berserk on a 502 level geared tank for not being able to hold aggro, but full hc geared character shouldn't even be needing LFR lol

Last time I remember LFR was about team work was when MoP launched when the first 90's were actually trying to work as a team. LFR now is all about nuking bosses and being a dick towards others. I agree that a full HC geared character shouldn't go berserk on a 502 level geared tank for not being able to hold aggro, but full hc geared character shouldn't even be needing LFR lol
    It doesn't matter whether they're in LFR or not. The poster said they're in there to get the Pets, and sometimes people get bored and want to do something else. The reason for them being in LFR is irrelevant, what should be seen here is a jerk decided to be a jerk.

However you view LFR is also irrelevant. Raiding at all levels is about team work, maybe not so strongly in LFR but you all need to work together in some manner to overcome the encounters. What this guy did was try and show off, make a scene and then comes here and whines about it. He's not an Elitist, he's just an asshole.

the middle is when u organzie your own runs and just kick underperforming people without discussing it with them or just ignore all whispers below lets say 560 when u set up group for normal alt zerg instead adding 560+ in trade spam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Or that he even attacked the mob he got aggro on.

I'm quite sure a 589 shadowpriest can pull more healing aggro with vampiric embrace than most healers in tot lfr do, most people that do it are about 100 itemlevels behind him.
    exactly. both of these are valid reasons for the guy to not waste his time calling out the tank for not holding onto it.

LFR can be the worst experience ever. But... i have a few aces down my sleeve. Basically i tell people to be quiet and do their job properly and if they spew crap on me... oh man i tell them to "say hello to my little friend" aka the bad words minigun. It ends in them shutting up or me getting kicked. So nice.

to be honest my son and I are stuck in LFR for raiding until WoD hits. We came back way too late to even try to get into normal or such with the release coming in a couple months.

The other night though decided on a whim to que up for a SoS 1st wing run and they were about to do the 2nd boss. I was sitting at a 498iLvl(no pants drop in 3 weeks), but I was trying my hardest but after 3 wipes arguing started and our "Leader" started to kick from the bottom of the dps list. turns out I was at the top of the lowest 1/3rd and maybe inched into the middle 1/3. Someone mentioned my name and I was ready to just leave.

"Nope, he stays. He has swapped to adds every single time and also has lived through this last wipe/reset. He's earned his gear."

Thought that was different from the usual venom I see in here. Ironically we get to the Pride and on our only wipe another person does the whole "you guys suck, this is easy mode and you all die and blah blah" thing. Made for a good laugh since it came at that boss.

But we're going to stick to LFR through WoD release to help us get our cloaks, but we're looking for a home to move up to normal/heroic come WoD.

ive been kicked multiple times for pulling agro on my mage and dying, but generally if i literally afk on an alt, i clear with no problems. then there are people that intentionally wipe the raid (and it is blatently obvious, as they pull a boss after a fit of rage in chat or something like that) are allowed to stay. ive learned to just ignore everything in lfr. i mean after all, like all the derptards say, its just lfr. you cant wipe and get 10 stacks of whatever the buff is called! i think i wipe more in lfr than i do clearing heroics now btw.

first sign of someone saying its just lfr so people can be worthless and afk, or wipe the raid.... thats about the time i afk myself, cause hey. its just lfr.

I'd be okay if they just got rid of LFR. People put in the least amount of effort to get gear and "beat the game" and most of the time, they are jerks. I haven't even completed LFR on my main because of these reasons. There are plenty of other options for people who want to raid, just get rid of LFR. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as they may have overreacted, I also fail to understand why this is such a big matter. I expect LFR to always be a fustercluck. 25 people who have never met or communicated is not a viable structure for intricate strategy, let alone passable application of it. If we kill the boss on the first try, I consider it an absolute success, even if it was the sloppiest and stupidest kill of my life.