Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just one. I leveled up a warrior to 80 first (during WotLK), then a priest. The priest is my main until today.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    First character I ever made was my hunter and it has always been and always will be my main. Also yes I have 13 lvl 90's and have at least one of every class so I have tried them all.

I went through only one character before my main. I started in BC and got a warlock to lvl 69 before giving up and starting a Paladin, its been my main since then. I've made every class to 90 since then and raided with a few of them but my paladin is still my main.

My main has been a druid since late BC. Though I've had multiple druid chars. This expansion it was mainly a hunter, though I've had 3 rogues (so much fun to level them up).
    I usually like to stick with one or two chars (Druid/Priest usually but lately just been wanting a full DPS class so Hunter/Rogue seems good)

10+ Year Old Account
    The very first toon I made once servers went live on launch day was a mage named Harry Botter. I then moved servers to Ysondre in 2006 when I learned a few friends at work played too and that was their server. So I just remade the same toon. It really sucked leaving a toon that had almost full epics to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

1st was a hunter.

2nd a warrior.

3rd a paladin(main).

I think i'm gong either Shaman, Warrior, or Warlock for WoD though, if i decide to play it.

The second character I ever made when I started playing in the beginning of Wrath is still my main today. A hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started as a Hunter in 07'. Switched to Druid in Cata. Back to hunter in MoP. I guess my hunter is my main.

Took about 4 characters. Mage, shaman, priest and then finally warlock. Always been a caster dps at heart, just took some time to find the one I was after.

Depends on what you consider your main. If its just the character you raid on mine keeps changing based on the raids needs, switching guild etc.

If its the character you play most, do achievements on and attempt to raid on every expansion even if its just an alt raid or pug, then it was my first character which is my Warlock.

Raid wise I did the most on my Priest and that was my second max level character, next would be my DK. (if you can't tell early on I was dps, then I was a healer, then a healer/tank, then a tank, and now I'm back to just dps.) In WoD I might be returning to healing based on the guilds needs, sadly it won't be on my priest as we have three and two have been dedicated members for years. I look forward to possibly being a druid though.

OT: depending on meaning either first guy or still alternating them around.

10+ Year Old Account
    First character ever was a human warrior back in vanilla. Got bored with that at about level 10, then switched to an orc hunter and never looked back. :-)

i started late ICC so meh...

Tier 10: DK DPS
    -Cata-
    Tier 11+12: DK DPS
    Tier 13: Hunter
    -MoP-
    Tier 14: Hunter
    TIer 15+16: Balance Druid
    -WoD-
    Tier 17: No clue (im thinking tree druid)

PvP
    Seem to change each season really starting with MoP
    Balance > Ret Pally > FDK > UH DK

10+ Year Old Account
    None, my pally has always been my main.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    9 Years later and i still haven't picked a main.... The thing is blizzard changes classes so often i don't tend to enjoy them in the next expansion..like shadow priest was my main in tbc...it plays nothing like it did then 0o
    Pretty much this, except I've been pretty solid about staying with my Warlock and Paladin over the years. Warlock just RECENTLY got new mechanics, although my favorite specialization (Affliction) still plays very similar to years past. Paladin changes every expansion almost so that never gets old in changing play styles, but it does get annoying. However I can't decide in the end, I've made 100+ characters over the years and I'm sure at least 25% - 50% of them have been leveled to maximum at their respective expansions.

However I finally decided in Cataclysm and MoP to just stop that and kind of have 11 characters I play now. Or is it 10? Whichever the class amount is.

I pick one main for every expansion. Only exception so far was Mists, in which I had three (one until 5.2, another until 5.4, and another afterwards).
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Vanilla started as a Warlock, finished as a Rogue
    TBC started as a Rogue, finished as a Paladin
    Wrath started as a DK finished as a Paladin
    Cata started as a Rogue finished as a Paladin
    MOP started as a Monk finished as a Paladin
    I've played every class at max level, but those were my "mains".

I keep getting fed up of the Paladin (gameplay wise) but then keep going back due to rep/achievements/aesthetics and Lore... learning my lesson for WOD, just going to put up with whatever state the class is from day 1. So sick of main changing mid-expansion and re-doing everything on the Pally. I've come to realize that if you swap mains everytime Blizzard messes with your class, then you end up swapping every expansion (if not every patch!). May aswell just roll with the punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    Before finally settling on a main? I spent all of Cata putzing around on dozens of alts, then unsubbed because I complained about there being nothing to do. Then mists rolled around and I mained a monk through everything, but then got bored of that again, then tried looking at other classes. I realized I had never gotten a warrior past level 20 (even though if you knew me, you'd think being a warrior would be a no brainer) because warriors lacked the cool flashy gimmicks of the other classes. It wasn't until then that I realized that was the magic of the class- there was no gimmick- and I've been in love ever since <3

So, fellow forumers, how many characters did you go through before settling on a main?
    Been playing for 8 years and I still switch out during the duration of an expansion. Usually though I'm between my paladin and shaman. Most of my time in MoP has been on my warrior, but my main is and will be my DK for WoD

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Four.

Resto druid healing in vanilla. Wasn't fun once I started raiding.
    Shadow priest through bc and wrath. Loved it, but dps got old.
    Guardian through 95% of Cata. Tanking is win, but all my friends are good tanks for some reason, so I switched to...
    Resto Shaman. Love healing. Love this spec. Now my main for an entire expansion.

Deleted
    I started with a paladin in Wotlk when i first started but swiftly moved onto a shaman, played that for a few years swapping between a mage also. Played a DK tank for part of cata also. Early mists i rerolled into resto druid and honestly can say i've found my 'main' class now.

Deleted
    It took me 7 years to find out I'm a rogue by nature. Was one of the last classes to try out by then.