Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gamescom interview : final raid, Ogre continent, World of Warcraft 2 etc.

Hey guys,

Mamytwink here, the French guy that brought you some informations during the Warlords of Draenor press tour in February.

Just wanted to share with you the interview I had the chance to have with Tom Chilton at Gamescom yesterday. I was with the guys from Wowfan.cz and we asked him questions about Warlords of Draenor.

Some cool stuff in there, be sure to check.

Mamytwink

So there's the confirmation that the Legion will hijack the Iron Horde at some point in the expansion, and deadly snowmen confirmed big bad of the next expansion.
    You just lost The Game

"Will we get free character customizations?"
    "This is definitely something we are talking about....but don't have anything to announce about that yet"

Well at least they are talking about it that's something. Thanks for asking them that, hopefully they decide to allow it.

Apparently moving your Garrison to another zone is still on the table, and Tier 4 garrison might be a post-launch upgrade. Sounds neat.
    You just lost The Game

Alternative Azeroth comfirmed for World of Warcraft2 !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Alternative Azeroth comfirmed for World of Warcraft2 !!
    That would be so cool.

Homophobia is so gay.

Interesting interview, thanks for posting!

What if the Iron Horde setup the portal to some legion controlled planet?

Deleted
    Very good interview. Thanks

So... 6.1 unlocks Tanaan Jungle as a zone and 6.2 unlocks the 'Hellscream Citadel' (or whatever)?

Or are they delaying Tanaan even more? It doesn't really make much sense to have the bad guy sitting there and not even be able to access the area. Unless they have some ridiculous defenses around it, but then waiting and wasting time on fighting against other threads wouldn't make it any easier, would it?

I prefer to play Alternative Azeroth in Warcraft IV

Deleted
    Thanks for asking some actual interesting questions Mamytwink. Hellfire Citadel confirmed as final raid!

Interested in the comments on reputation factions. I actually like getting exalted with factions, so I hope they don't neglect them in WoD. There are obviously some factions in there, but I'm curious as to how we get rep/what rewards there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    So... 6.1 unlocks Tanaan Jungle as a zone and 6.2 unlocks the 'Hellscream Citadel' (or whatever)?

Or are they delaying Tanaan even more? It doesn't really make much sense to have the bad guy sitting there and not even be able to access the area. Unless they have some ridiculous defenses around it, but then waiting and wasting time on fighting against other threads wouldn't make it any easier, would it?
    I imagine we'll get Tanaan quite a bit later, probably 6.2 or maybe later if we get another mid-expansion raid. I guess it will be like the Throne of Thunder patch.

Deleted
    Well.. Chilton is the guy who when I saw a interview he tells what I want to know.. besides the soon and dont know..

Awesome interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

You where able to walk up to ICC before it was even a raid

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, I did make a quick text synopsis for the video.

Secondly, three major takeaways:

1. They said there'd be a growing legion presence. But said the Legion wanted to force things to go their way. Forcing things doesn't imply to me like Grom slinks back to Gul'dan for some blood. It actually seems to back up my theory that the Legion is part of a 3-way war between Us, them, and the Iron Horde.

2. They seem to be both downplaying the idea of us going back to Draenor in 7.0, and hyping up specifically the Ogre Continent. So the setting of 7.0 seems up in the air.

3. Tanaan sounds like 6.3 rather than 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Numbars View Post
    ICC was much more threatening, though.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Numbars View Post
    It got redesigned in the patch it was introduced in though, I don't think they want to do that again :P

why the F are ppl talking about WoW 2? It makes me want to riot when i hear such idiocracy

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So there's the confirmation that the Legion will hijack the Iron Horde at some point in the expansion, and deadly snowmen confirmed big bad of the next expansion.
    I'm sure there'll be people complaining about it come tomorrow.

Since they seem to like to take snippits of these conversations and whine about them without context.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Holy shit what a great interview.

I knew it. Growing Legion presence over the course of the expansion.

Can't wait to see how the final boss fight plays out.