Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    MOP failing really isn't speculation, it is off topic but not speculation, the sub numbers and reported revenue figures do not lie.
    Indeed, they don't.

In your world and logic, having a gastric ulcer is probably an extatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Indeed, they don't.

In your world and logic, having a gastric ulcer is probably an extatic experience.
    You seem upset, why?

You seem upset, why?
    It's just the way you read things. Like the blue posts.

It's just the way you read things. Like the blue posts.
    Oh well okay then. I am not sure how you think I read blue posts but your posts certainly do not seem like the kind of thing someone of a calm and rational frame of mind would write. Perhaps you'd like to talk about what is upsetting you?

Oh well okay then. I am not sure how you think I read blue posts but your posts certainly do not seem like the kind of thing someone of a calm and rational frame of mind would write. Perhaps you'd like to talk about what is upsetting you?
    Ah, dude, you're bad at it. Stick to crying over video games.

Ah, dude, you're bad at it. Stick to crying over video games.
    Bad at what? Why do you think I am crying? Perhaps you are projecting your own feelings towards WOW onto others and this is why you are always so rude and angry?

Anyway do you have anything to add about the tweet that inspired this thread? Do you think that GC was implying that communication has got worse? Or do you think he was hinting at more serious matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think it's almost the complete opposite. I think it's worked wonders but Blizzard some small PR issues as does the community. I really rather post on Twitter about Class mechanics and such over say...the forums.
    That may work out okay during expansions, but during beta good forum communication is crucial. It's easily the biggest failing of WoD's beta and potentially is going to cause MANY specs to feel terrible come release.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, so was the heroics are hard blog the product of the wild imagination of irrational and immature people?
    Eh, kind of actually. I remember that one specifically and I totally agreed with him. Difficult is fun, AoEing everything is bad, and if you're still struggling later patch gear will fix it. I don't like nerfs much in general because I want to fight the same boss as was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Ive had several interactions with developers, including Ghostcrawler over twitter. Especially during the leadup to SoO and ToT with Enhance Shamans.

My posts would often need to span 4 or 5 posts because it was very hard to get specific points across in what is it, 180 charachters (not sure barely use twitter).

I think for some things it can be fantastic. I would rather, those in depth conversations about mechanics, especially one where they demand logs etc be done in a way that it can be elaborated on.
    It's more direct and you don't necessarily have to wade through a shit down of stuff on the forums. I prefer Twitter then the actual forums.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Do you think that GC was implying that communication has got worse? Or do you think he was hinting at more serious matters.
    The former of course. Like I said, some people tend to read ridiculous things into statements of devs. It just shows how much they don't even realize that they're on an entirely different trip than the rest of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    MOP failing really isn't speculation, it is off topic but not speculation, the sub numbers and reported revenue figures do not lie.
    You have to keep in mind, that WOW's declining popularity doesn't necessarily reflect on MOP, or Cataclysm. The game is getting old. It's harder to attract new subscribers. In one of the HUGE markets (China), games like WOW are falling out of style, and people are playing more F2P games. Even in the US and Europe, it's harder to attract new players just because the age of the game. The model updates might help somewhat, but it's still a 10 year old game. And things like MOBA's are starting to get the popularity that MMO's had a few years ago. Basically, there are a LOT more games around, and about the same number of players, so naturally the population is going to spread out more rather than concentrate in one game. The gaming landscape is far different than it was 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    And then there's Zarhym during his max-attention-whore days.
    The dude even unlocked a troll thread which was locked by one of his fellow CMs and trolled in it. His fellow coworker had to go back and lock the thread. Talk about disrespect to not only forum users and moderation, but to his coworkers as well.

Bashiok, Zar, and that EU guy I cant remember are the only CMs who I have seen go into threads and just add fuel to the fire. Just about everyone else is respectable and has generally calmed heavy flame threads from time to time. Lore might have been ended up getting the shit job of "lying" to customers in a recent issue, but he isnt a dick about it. He says what the team wants him to say without any holyart though attitude.
    It's more direct and you don't necessarily have to wade through a shit down of stuff on the forums. I prefer Twitter then the actual forums.
    When it comes to detailed constructive feedback twitter isnt it, but the forums lack moderation to deal with the flaming and trolling. Watcher went into the beta forums asking for more constructive feedback on normal balance and the thread got derailed into a bitchfest.

Twitter is great for a straight shot response to effectively yes or no answers, but you cant really ask anything detailed.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-17 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    No, he is trying to say he was told to reduce his communication because the higher ups thought he was hurting more than he was helping by being so open.
    Or because of the flame wars started because somebody saw the name ghostcrawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Eh, kind of actually. I remember that one specifically and I totally agreed with him. Difficult is fun, AoEing everything is bad, and if you're still struggling later patch gear will fix it. I don't like nerfs much in general because I want to fight the same boss as was released.
    Eh, not really. Your opinion is not the yardstick that others should measure their enjoyment by.

- - - Updated - - -

The former of course. Like I said, some people tend to read ridiculous things into statements of devs. It just shows how much they don't even realize that they're on an entirely different trip than the rest of the world.
    Seeing as Blizzard are reliant on the money their customers provide do you not think that this is area they should work on? Do you think that they should work on their communication in order to avoid misunderstandings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    You have to keep in mind, that WOW's declining popularity doesn't necessarily reflect on MOP, or Cataclysm. The game is getting old. It's harder to attract new subscribers. In one of the HUGE markets (China), games like WOW are falling out of style, and people are playing more F2P games. Even in the US and Europe, it's harder to attract new players just because the age of the game. The model updates might help somewhat, but it's still a 10 year old game. And things like MOBA's are starting to get the popularity that MMO's had a few years ago. Basically, there are a LOT more games around, and about the same number of players, so naturally the population is going to spread out more rather than concentrate in one game. The gaming landscape is far different than it was 10 years ago.
    As said this is off topic, but all that you have listed are excuses for failure that does not change the actual failure.

Unfortunately, twitter just doesn't work for the kind of back and forth feedback that is required of a proper beta cycle.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Or because of the flame wars started because somebody saw the name ghostcrawler
    Isn't that why you have moderators? You know? To avoid such situations as flame wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    GC's style of communication and point of view was, at times, hurting the game and the community and the company he worked for.

Employees don't have a right to say whatever they want to whomever they want regarding their work.

And then there's Zarhym during his max-attention-whore days.
    No.
    The problem was, and always has been the community.
    He chose to be open, to be honest.
    Something that blizzard did not have a good track record for prior to that.
    He chose to open this communication, a dialogue that we simply didn't have before.

As usual the stupid community failed to recognise a good thing, and chose to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Unfortunately, twitter just doesn't work for the kind of back and forth feedback that is required of a proper beta cycle.
    Twitter was not the problem.
    There have been full blog posts describing the reasoning behind decisions, and someone who wants to argue will, and has continued to do so regardless.
    Some people simply cannot accept any answer but the one they deem right, no matter what evidence is presented to them.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-08-17 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    That may work out okay during expansions, but during beta good forum communication is crucial. It's easily the biggest failing of WoD's beta and potentially is going to cause MANY specs to feel terrible come release.
    Barring Beta which is an exception to the rule since not everyone gets there.

Isn't that why you have moderators? You know? To avoid such situations as flame wars?
    They can't get to everyone that and the conspiricy theorists act like "Blizz censoring us1111111"
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2014-08-17 at 11:04 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    "I think the results speak for themselves."

I hope to good god he isn't being facetious here. If he is implying that him as one man and developer's lack of involvement in the forums lead to faults with the game and expansion then good riddance.
    Seems weird that he would take the time to say otherwise, which is really sad.

The expansion was a necessary part of revitalizing the game's core, and to say that his involvement on or off the forums had anything to do with its success or failure it hilarious to me.
    His comments at this latest blizzcon are proof of his need to be gone. He couldn't control himself and rarely made things better.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

They can't get to everyone that and the conspiricy theorists act like "Blizz censoring us1111111"
    Why can't they?