Poll: Are you happy with the current design for Demonic Servitude?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought Demonbolt is a must have spell for demonology, that means Servitude is a "no go"
    I'm not in WoD beta but I have a feeling that charred remains, demonbolt and soulburn haunt >> demonic servitude / cataclysm in terms of single target dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Pit lords make the most sense, but it would be funny in a dark sort of way if we were to run around on Draenor with an Eredar serving us. Especially if you're Alliance

Edit: Void Terrors make sense too but would run into an issue of it just being a Core Hound look-alike. Dreadlords would be nice, but they're not front line fighters like Pit Lords are
    Wrathguards are kind of like cousins to Eredar aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Wrathguards are kind of like cousins to Eredar aren't they?
    Yeah, I'd forgotten that Wrathguards are Eredar when I posted that
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    On the contrary it looks pretty good for pvp. Cataclysm is pretty useless in arena and *might* have some place in RBG's if it hits for a ludicrous amount of damage but that is it. The other spec specific talent has potential in both raids and pvp. The doomguard and even the infernal has some pretty good potential for pvp though
    I agree with this - the Doomguard is actually pretty solid since it has a significant slow (helpful against melee) as well as an interrupt (helpful against casters). As for the other alternatives - SB: Haunt is ok...just a dps boost; Demon Bolt - burst is always helpful but it has a cast; Cataclysm - just don't see it as a go to pvp talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept of the warlocks in azeroth becoming increasingly powerful, being able to command stronger demons for longer periods of time. However that talent will limit our choices to 2 demons, although its still better than the demo spec as a whole where we are limited to the felguard lol.
    IMO this talent should allow us to be able to summon additional types of guardians such as Pit Lords, Void Terrors and Demonic Hounds (although they are beasts now...boooo) for DEMO, and for the other 2 specs to have the basic 2

Quote Originally Posted by Molagzhul View Post
    I like the concept of the warlocks in azeroth becoming increasingly powerful, being able to command stronger demons for longer periods of time. However that talent will limit our choices to 2 demons, although its still better than the demo spec as a whole where we are limited to the felguard lol.
    IMO this talent should allow us to be able to summon additional types of guardians such as Pit Lords, Void Terrors and Demonic Hounds (although they are beasts now...boooo) for DEMO, and for the other 2 specs to have the basic 2
    From what I could understand, those 2 demons will be a mix between other 2 demons, so it kinda makes the choices easier and better at the same time. Would be like having 2 permanent demons.

My problem with this design is the same problem I have with Grimoire of Supremacy. It's a lazy design so that devs won't have to create new demons. Basically, it's a copy/paste of what is already there, with a "new" model (not a single demon model is knew, all of them date all the way back to BC).

Anyways, I think would be kinda cool to have a Pit Lord. Maybe next expansion in the next tier? Would be great if it were a reward from a quest, though, much like green fire. We could fight the Pit Lord in order to make it ours.

And what do you mean by demonic hounds? You mean those multi-eyed "core hounds", like a certain boss in Dire Maul?

Demonic hounds are the old Dog models that used to be everywhere up in Tirisfal. More recently you see the runed versions, like the Magehunters in Wrath
    http://wowpedia.org/Darkhound

I can't imagine what they would do though. We already have the Felhounds
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Demonic hounds are the old Dog models that used to be everywhere up in Tirisfal. More recently you see the runed versions, like the Magehunters in Wrath
    http://wowpedia.org/Darkhound

I can't imagine what they would do though. We already have the Felhounds
    Oh, these.

Well, yea, I don't think they look better than Felhounds. Although, Void Terrors look like a more reasonable GoSup upgrade for them, instead of the Observer.

As for what Molagzhul said, I'm not much into it. I personally don't like the idea of unique demons simply because you're on Demonology spec. I'm in favor of unique effects and skills for our demons. I'd prefer that Felguards and Wrathguards were baseline, but with zero AoE/cleave effects. But in case you're Demonology, then ALL your demons would get AoE or cleave abilities, maybe a few buffs for their utility or changes in how demons work (for example, summoning demons in Demo could be easier, like 2-3 secs to summon).

The new Fel Wolves are super awesome looking. I'd love to have one of those.

I just can't tell if Demonic Servitude is suppose to be an increase in DPS at all?
    It's kinda sorta a utility increase and may or may not help more or less on movement fights then just Grim: Supremacy.

I don't know the intent there.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. We burn one of two cooldowns for a mediocre perma-pet? It's a terrible talent that seems like it was design filler at best. Unfortunately all the 100 talents are bad so there's really not much choice... maybe I just won't pick a talent at 100.

For me it all depends on how this is balanced.

As far as the idea of having a doomguard/infernal/terrorguard/abyssal as a perma pet, I love it.

However taking this talent must give us the same damage output that we would have if we were using the 10m cd and a pet. Either that or replace our 10m CD with a new 10m CD that summons a pitlord.

Dont lie...we all want that pitlord after Kanrethad

Quote Originally Posted by Xag View Post
    For me it all depends on how this is balanced.

As far as the idea of having a doomguard/infernal/terrorguard/abyssal as a perma pet, I love it.

However taking this talent must give us the same damage output that we would have if we were using the 10m cd and a pet. Either that or replace our 10m CD with a new 10m CD that summons a pitlord.

Dont lie...we all want that pitlord after Kanrethad
    If i got an pitlord with proper size i would never ever switch talents no matter what.
    FREAKING ANNIHILIAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    If i got an pitlord with proper size i would never ever switch talents no matter what.
    FREAKING ANNIHILIAN!!!
    Well I highly doubt if we got a pit lord that we would get one at full size. It would have to be at least a little smaller to avoid clutter in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the talent is supposed to make us powerful, and it really doesnt. Ever since BC i thought we should have been able to control it full time (vanilla we got them, and I was super hyped for the infernal post wc3), but hell, we gained control of eredar (wrathguard here) full time before we gained control of infernals, which are dumber than rocks. For myself, being a demonology warlock, I think i should be able to control them full time regardless of the talent.

My design would be as followed:
    With demonic servitude as Affliction/Destruction, you guys get the current form, numbers tuned correctly. Demonology gains a permanent enslaved guardian of either the DG or INF, but keeps their main pet out (felguard/wrathguard/w.e.) thus not taking away demo's identity pet. This would be tuned correctly, but essentually demo would have 2 perma pets out at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    No. We burn one of two cooldowns for a mediocre perma-pet? It's a terrible talent that seems like it was design filler at best. Unfortunately all the 100 talents are bad so there's really not much choice... maybe I just won't pick a talent at 100.
    As it looks like there has been absolutely no attempt to balance it, it would be safe to assume that it is supposed to be a dps increase comparable with the rest of the tier. (It's the passive option, so it probably won't be the best option.) Assuming that just because it is severely under tuned now, it will be so on live, and judging it that way is not really relevant to the "design" of the talent.

Deleted
    I still think they should have made the Infernal and Doomguard to not replace our currently active pet but fight alongside it.

Also, considering how useful a tanking pet is for leveling, they should have put the talent earlier in the tiers.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, most of the problem is just numbers. They have to make sure the perminite versions are as strong as our standard pets plus little more compensate for demon bolt being that is competing with it for our talent point, then enough for the fact that it has to be worth getting at all. As far as the losing the 10 min cooldowns... Maybe make us also gain two spells to replace them. Like...

Mark of Doom - Take X amount of damage per 1.5 seconds for 1 minute and increases damage done by this spell by 50% against targets below 20%.

First of Gul'dan - Calls forth an enormous meteor to the ground, causing X damage and stunning for 2 seconds all within 15 yard radius and leaves a 40 yard radius a flame, dealing x damage per second for 1 minute.

... Or just let us have the cool down demons and new demons...

At least let us control pit lords in ashran...

It's complicated to pin point what is bugging me about this talent. When it was first introduced, I was concerned about what they will give us with these pets, cause they only had 2 abilities which weren't great. It's a good thing they added more spells into it and made it a bit more interesting.

Since this talent doesn't change at all depending on specs, it seems rather standard for everyone to pick it. The one who might be at a big disadvantage from it would be a Demonology Warlock, since it would just make him ditch the Felguard in favor of one of the pets. It doesn't really make much sense.

I think this talent should be split into Aff/Destro and Demo talent. And if we take the tooltip in a deeper sense, I think it would fit Demonology Warlocks to get something out of Enslave Demon in combination with the previously mentioned talent, as in being able to Enslave demons just like Hunters are able to tame pets. It would also give a purpose to the Demon Trainers, outside from changing names to pets for gold.

Just an idea, which I think it brings even more issues than fixing them, but tossing it out in the wild and see how it works out for you people.

EDIT: I do still disagree that the Doomguard/Terroguard and Infernal/Abyssal guardian gets boned from this talent, that shouldn't be happening at all.

This talent right now is about utility, because numbers wise, it's awfull.

So i'm gonna focus on the utility.

The Doomguard SLOW should NOT be channeled. It should be a curse like exaustion was, IMO.
    The Doomguard ROOT should be channeled, but should not break on damage. Of course, for pvp it would be a 4 second root, but there's a lot worse out there. And let's face it, we are the worse caster in PVP right now, it's needed. SOMETHING IS!!

Infernal needs to have either higher armor, or higher damage reduction. Voidwalker tanks more than Infernal does (and actually, they both sucks compared to mists), and if you're afflic, it does a better job at it while dpsing too.