No population control going on right now. Ashran concern.

I was reading the dev interviews and I saw this:

Alliance is being destroyed in Ashran right now.
    It's rough on beta as there's really no population control going on. But I've seen it swing both ways.
    Now, I am curious, how will this be remedied in WoD? I remember Wintergrasp very Very well. I was on a alliance dominated server. When ever the battle began, the team with the most players won. They then put in a feature that didn't work all to well. You could gain X amount of players up to a set cap. Once both teams hit that cap, the cap would be raised by X amount. That again, didn't help. I am not too sure as to what the details were in Tol Barad. It certainly seemed like a numbers game still though.

So I am wandering what they plan on doing in WoD for Ashran. Its not exactly like they will suddenly have population control being a thing. Beta in that regards, is pretty good for showing what will happen. Especially since with realm mergers going on they are not working or caring for population balance for each side.

Any thoughts? World PvP is something I do generally enjoy a lot more. However, I am fearful that Ashran will become yet another numbers game as far as how many players each team has.

Deleted
    i think its going to be 100 v 100 remember my guild talking about this because my guild is a wpvp guild and we normally have about 40+ online but blizz has not made any real update on how its going to work on live

Quote Originally Posted by inhide View Post
    i think its going to be 100 v 100 remember my guild talking about this because my guild is a wpvp guild and we normally have about 40+ online but blizz has not made any real update on how its going to work on live
    I know there is a anniversary event going on for 100v100. I havent heard how they will keep it balanced though.

Deleted
    its also cross server but no server is ever 50/50 pop so dont know they need to let us know

10+ Year Old Account
    I read his quote as saying (paraphrasing here) "It's rough on Beta because there isn't any kind of population control, but once we get to retail there is going to be something put in place"
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Well with cross-realm it shouldn't be a huge issue if it's implemented.

Cross server tech is suppose to make it always a 100 horde vs. 100 alliance in the zone at most. Though, it will be seen how many of those 200 players will be actually participating in the pvp. As well, the effect of large premade 40 person groups will cause.