Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The What NOT to do thread (melee edition)

This is why I don't bother posting helpful guides. If you have such a problem with fonts and colors remove the options. Also I called him an attention whore nothing to be infracted over. Mod need to get your act together and that stick removed.

Dear Neo,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Flaming
    -------
    There's no need for calling other posters out. 5 infraction points have been added.
    -------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthread.php?p=29226722

Originally Posted by MrApple

I like the idea but the execution is horrid. +1 for effort i guess...
    Your a Priest lover and a Melee basher (specially warriors) why bother posting in a MELEE thread that is clearly not intended for you?

... Ill tell you why

Your an attention whore and a wanabe troll All the best,
    MMO-Champion

(Scrapbot is an automated bot and send this message on behalf of the moderator team. Please do not reply to this message, it will not be seen.)
    Last edited by cerebro; 2014-09-02 at 02:14 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm not a top end PvP'er mate, I'm in that slightly above 1750 area, but never really made a effort to go above.
    But I heal in Arenas, it is what I'm most comfortable with and this rule:

Rule #1
    If your healer is in any type of cc where he would be unable to follow you, do not allow enemy kill target to trick you into going out of LOS of your healer. 9 times out of 10.. especially in 3v3.. if you follow the candy man to the back of the truck you will get raped.
    Should be a damn Blizzard loading screen friendly reminder.

Also, I know this is meant for Arenas, but if you're doing RBGs as a melee, and your not on "Don't let them touch the flag duty" watch the edges of the fight, or the corners of a building (Blacksmith AB) that is where those healers are lurking.

Edit: Also, if you don't have a gap closer or ranged CC to close said gap... Please don't chase and get kited by Hunters/Boomkins if it is not required.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2014-08-30 at 08:45 AM. Reason: To also add...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Can rule #34 be "Don't make lines colors nigh identical to the background of the post"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rule #35 No comic sans

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Your a Priest lover and a Melee basher (specially warriors) why bother posting in a MELEE thread that is clearly not intended for you?

... Ill tell you why

Your an attention whore and a wanabe troll

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-08-31 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

... Ill tell you why

Your an attention whore and a wanabe troll
    I think he was pointing out how poorly executed your opening post is, it's horrible to read, horrible colours, horrible font, there is a reason why people don't write posts like yours.

You're retarded.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-08-31 at 05:43 PM.

Thank you, I like your idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Rule 1: Don't make your text a fucking rainbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Rule 1: Don't make your text a fucking rainbow.
    Yeah, shit was painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rule #36 Welcome to a fight club
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Most of these are situational and sometimes doing the quite opposite of what you just said will be far better but that comes naturally after you played arenas for quite some while. Saying stuff like never trinket rogues first stun sounds good on paper but against rmp/rpd you can easilly die in a the first cheap shot. Some good basic info for beginners tho. Also rainbows suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Can rule #34 be "Don't make lines colors nigh identical to the background of the post"?
    We all know what 34 is and we're all glad the list never made it that far.

On a more on topic note, I think this is a great post. I only did about 25 of these things, and it pointed out some of the nubby pitfalls I have unfortunately done.
    I think I'm far too heartless to adhere to 28 though. I will say afk is not a high priority for me though; there are others still trying to kill me

Deleted
    Shame all the good points you might've had go wasted since everyone and their grandma will get a migraine out of trying to read that rainbowcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    We all know what 34 is and we're all glad the list never made it that far.
    And I kinda hope he'll skip that number and go straight to #35 for the next one, if it comes to that.

and...

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Rule #6

Don't run into a Ring of Freeze
    See this? This is why nobody should run this most useless of useless talents. Because you have to be awfully stupid to fall prey to it... it's number 6 on the list of the most blatant PvP fails you can commit!
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    And I kinda hope he'll skip that number and go straight to #35 for the next one, if it comes to that.

and...

See this? This is why nobody should run this most useless of useless talents. Because you have to be awfully stupid to fall prey to it... it's number 6 on the list of the most blatant PvP fails you can commit!
    Almost every frost mage with a brain runs this talent because no one in the history of mages has just placed a ring and hoped that someone would randomly run into it.

root into freeze/sheep into freeze/protect healer with ring/use brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the gray color, it's extremely hard to read.
    Get your numbering sortet, it goes 20-21-22-22-21-22-23-24-24

Rules #28:fuck no, killing a DC player is just fun.

Deleted
    The idea is original and interesting (especially because even 2k + players do some of these mistakes sometimes)...

But you could use some better formatting: things like less space between space to make it more compact and easier to read Other than that, nice thread!

-If your class can dispel debuffs from allies, make sure to make use of it. Monks, paladins and druids for example can remove Wyvern Sting, DK diseases, rogue poisons. Shamans and druids can remove Hex and warlock curses. In fact, if you have any helpful abilities that can be used on friendlies, make sure to make a macro that uses it on them. Examples such as Tiger's Lust, Roar of Sacrifice, any paladin Hands, etc.

-Mages are problematic for most melee. If you get Deep Frozen, it's essential to properly judge if you should trinket or not. Keep track of the mage's cds, icicles, fingers of frost stacks and whether your healer is CC'd or not. For example, if mage has barely no icicles, no Frozen Orb up, you're not likely to die from mage's damage, whereas merely having 3-4 icicles and your healer CC'd may well cost your life. Your alarm bells should be ringing at the point when the mage has 5 icicles and your healer gets polymorphed / CC'd by his teammates. You can react to this by immediately LoSing the mage, which can very well save you from using cooldowns and trinkets.

-Always be ready to abuse line of sight, it may save your life. For example, destro warlocks having a double dark soul talent may very well be able to force your cooldowns / trinkets with their first Dark Soul, and then finish you off with a second Dark Soul. LoS will be helpful in this case.

-Many (if not most) non-human mages do not use the CC-breaking trinket, which means that they will rely on Ice Block, Blink and maybe a racial to remove CCs. You can use this fact to make them blink by using a root and then stun them.

-If your class is vulnerable to disarms, it's good to have two weapons, one which has weapon chain against teams with disarms and other that has the enchant for any other team. If you are dual wielding, always put
    weapon chain in the off hand as main hand has a higher chance to proc enchants. Warriors do not apply. Even Windwalker monks want to have a weapon chain because sitting 8 seconds in disarm with your burst up is pain.

-Good hunters do not rely on Scatter Shot to get traps off. Many use Binding Shot, Entrapment, Narrow Escape and even teammate CC to set it up. Have an eye for opportunities where he could use the trap and act accordingly.

-As a Windwalker monk, you can make a good use of Zen Meditation, effectively making you a grounding totem for 8 seconds. You can use it to take hunter traps, Deep Freeze, Counterspell and other harmful key spells.

-Many melee have 20-30 yd CC abilities, which are short enough to make you walk slightly to a long distance target. Good players see this as a warning sign and will use tools such as Shadowmeld, Shadow Word: Death, Spectral Guise, Feign Death, LoS, etc to avoid it. You can either wait a bit before using your CC and approach them less predictably.

-As a rogue, make sure to give your partner Tricks of the Trade for extra +15% damage before any burst attempt.

-You almost never want to stack with your teammates (except for abilities like Spirit Link), this way you will avoid getting double/triple CC'd by aoe fears, stuns and other CC.

-Keep close eye on enemy priests, they will have to approach you in order to use their fear. Most of the time, they will use Spectral Guise + Feather in conjuction to secure their fears, upon seeing that ability being used, you should quickly spread to avoid getting double/triple CC'd.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2014-09-01 at 11:51 AM.