What is with parry!

Yes, This is a rant.

I want to know, Why! For the love of god! Why even with the Expertise cap, My shaman and rogue get parried ALLLL THE $#@$!%TIME.

I don't understand, I know classes have abilities to parry and that's one thing. But, my toons are CONSTANTLY parried. Especially when it matters. It makes NO SENSE.

Answer: offhands

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    Yes, This is a rant.

I want to know, Why! For the love of god! Why even with the Expertise cap, My shaman and rogue get parried ALLLL THE $#@$!%TIME.

I don't understand, I know classes have abilities to parry and that's one thing. But, my toons are CONSTANTLY parried. Especially when it matters. It makes NO SENSE.
    They are soft capped. Not hard capped. Soft cap deals with attacks from behind, and hard deals with attacks from the front. Plain and simple. Makes perfect sense. You wont by any means Ever want hard cap for exp or hit in PvP.

Parry is why I don't PvP with melee characters.
    No such nonsense for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They are soft capped. Not hard capped. Soft cap deals with attacks from behind, and hard deals with attacks from the front. Plain and simple. Makes perfect sense. You wont by any means Ever want hard cap for exp or hit in PvP.
    Thats the pve definition. There is no avoidance from behind against players. There's no such thing as exp soft cap in pvp. The only "cap" there is in pvp is the parry chance an UH dk stacking strength in every spot has, which is like 33% parry or something like that. This out of control scaling is something they are fixing (I hope) in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    Yes, This is a rant.

Welcome to melee :P We get parried alot but we make up for it by getting alot of our energy etc refunded if this happens (not sure about rage, but I play a druid and we do). I do agree though that with us getting exp we should be able to hit people more. Hopefully WoD with the removal of hit and exp then we will get a bit more landed hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Parry is why I don't PvP with melee characters.
    No such nonsense for casters.
    Yea it makes absolutely no sense why they've had RNG avoidance for so long in PvP. Classes that take bigger hits have tons and tons of ways to make up for it through other means. And if they don't, give them those means. Make armor matter again if it's the case.

It's just such a piss easy way to make PvP more enjoyable for melee on melee action just like making trinket baseline for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    This out of control scaling is something they are fixing (I hope) in WoD.
    If the level 100 health pools are any indication, they aren't fixing scaling at all and will probably make it worse. Just flat out cutting health pools in half is going to make the game a lot better in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15