Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast

I was interested up until I learned that I wouldn't be able to play as an elf. If you can, however, I'll happily check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    9.3 hell yea
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Others I checked are : 9.5 from Polygon, 5/5 from Joystiq, 4.5/5 from Gamesradar and 8/10 from Gamespot

The hype is real! Think I found my 2nd ps4 game.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2014-09-26 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Others I checked are : 9.5 from Polygon, 5/5 from Joystiq, 4.5/5 from Gamesradar and 8/10 from Gamespot

All from sites that can be bought though, so take them with a grain of salt.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Look at all the sites i never trust
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

One thing I'm seeing is the game says Open world...but is it really open world? All the videos I'm seeing seem to be set levels, it makes me wonder if we're talking oblivion open world...or final fantasy 7 open world.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Review scores can not always be trusted from sites like these, its wise to wait until actual players had a chance to properly bite into it.

What the .............. 6GB vram for ultra textures?! That's just sick!

Need to wait for 970 8GB version now...

What does this mean for Witcher 3... 8-10 GB requirement?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    What the .............. 6GB vram for ultra textures?! That's just sick!

Need to wait for 970 8GB version now...

What does this mean for Witcher 3... 8-10 GB requirement?!
    No, it means that the developer couldn't be arsed to optimize their game. Gonna be funny when Witcher 3 releases with lower requirements while looking better heh.

Is this game playable with keyboard and mouse or is it another consolized game that you need a gamepad or GTFO like Dark Souls?!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, any piece of crap is 10/10 on IGN. It's kinda why people use the line "10/10 IGN" to make fun of shit games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Is this game playable with keyboard and mouse or is it another consolized game that you need a gamepad or GTFO like Dark Souls?!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please, any piece of crap is 10/10 on IGN. It's kinda why people use the line "10/10 IGN" to make fun of shit games?
    Funny you say that because they gave SSB on 3DS an 8. Seems like if there was any game they'd 'coast' a 9+ review to, it'd be the first Smash game in almost 8 years.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    No, it means that the developer couldn't be arsed to optimize their game. Gonna be funny when Witcher 3 releases with lower requirements while looking better heh.
    Did I miss some announcement from CD Projekt red? Because track record so far is that Witcher 2, was not optimized very well at all (ultra and high couldn't run above 30 fps on high end machines) and Witcher 1 didn't run very well with its limited graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Did I miss some announcement from CD Projekt red? Because track record so far is that Witcher 2, was not optimized very well at all (ultra and high couldn't run above 30 fps on high end machines) and Witcher 1 didn't run very well with its limited graphics.
    No idea about that, when i played witcher 2, I had a very old computer and was happy enough that it ran at 15 fps with everything turned down/off. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ubersampling absolutely butchered performance in witcher 2, was running ok with sli configurations though.

Witcher 3 looks like a technological masterpiece so far, CDPR have come a long way since witcher 1 in terms of ability and game design but how the game actually runs will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Actually Witcher 2 was optimized REALLY well, just the Super Sampling was a killer, cut your frame rates in half.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Ubersampling absolutely butchered performance in witcher 2, was running ok with sli configurations though.

Witcher 3 looks like a technological masterpiece so far, CDPR have come a long way since witcher 1 in terms of ability and game design but how the game actually runs will be interesting to see.
    Yeah, they kinda screwed up on that part.

As to what it looks like, let's be honest the last couple of years (edit: the last 3 decades of gaming, to be honest) we have been promised a lot and not gotten it. And I know a lot of people really love CD project but I think people need to calm down a little, and wait for the game to actually come out and prove itself, instead of just shown material that CD project have full control over.
    Like Watch_dogs, Dark Souls 2 etc., are some great examples of a lot of promise on the graphic side of things, and we just never got because it couldn't run well enough.

Was going to buy it anyways but those review's just hyped it more for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I was interested up until I learned that I wouldn't be able to play as an elf. If you can, however, I'll happily check it out.
    Celebrimbor was an elf, and he was the one that forged the rings to, so dubble badassness

10+ Year Old Account
    6GB vram for Ultra Textures
    3GB vram for High Textures
    2GB vram for Medium Textures

The awkward moment when your 600€ VGA can't play this game at max, priceless

Gratz to the devs who went fully retard.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-09-26 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    6GB vram for Ultra Textures
    3GB vram for High Textures
    2GB vram for Medium Textures

The awkward moment when your 600€ VGA can't play this game at max, priceless

Gratz to the devs who went fully retard.
    If you have a PS4 or Xbox, buy it on that. I bet it plays better and looks pretty much the same.

I'm also on the fence about buying this game. I have been burned on so many games this year where I bought into the hype (Stronghold Crusaders 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs, ect ect)