Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coming back, is it possible to do all of this stuff before 6.0 comes out?

I'll be starting completely fresh.

-Loremaster while leveling
    -Green Fire
    -Challenge Mode Set

Do you think it would be possible to do all three of those before 6.0 hits? If not, what if I dropped Loremaster?
    Last edited by SlashRandom; 2014-09-04 at 03:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on when 6.0 comes out.

Within a month? Probably not unless you drop Loremaster.
    Mid October? Maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Green fire and challenge mode shouldn't take too long if you level quickly while dropping Loremaster. I reckon out of those goals, doing loremaster whilst leveling will take the longest.

Green fire is really easy once you do LFR 2 or 3 times. Other than that, if you can manage to find a decent group of players, Challenge mode isnt that hard, it may be a bit time consuming but you can do it before 6.0 for sure.

I'd skip Loremaster for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashRandom View Post
    I'll be starting completely fresh.

-Loremaster while leveling
    -Green Fire
    -Challenge Mode Set

Do you think it would be possible to do all three of those before 6.0 hits? If not, what if I dropped Loremaster?
    I would get your CM set and work on the Green Fire quest-line. If you have the gold, buying a full CM package will be quick. Otherwise, finding a group can be tedious. Green Fire quest-line is quite easy, after you get use to each section of the fight. Get use to the waves of adds (they keep the same spawn rotation). Anyhow, what I ended up doing was, I geared up a bit through LFR (515il when I completed the quest) and went back in to finish. I ended up getting the boss to 5mil, allowing the Pit Lord (who had 18mil to play with) to finish him off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling to 90 takes most people around 48 hours /played time, or less if you have heirlooms and know what you're doing. Starting fresh, I assume no heirlooms.
    Gearing to 500 ilvl should take about 2 hours on timeless isle.
    Green fire might take 2 hours with that 500 ilvl.
    Challenge Mode Carry takes about 2 hours.

If you can budget 54 hours within just over a month (Almost 2 hours every day), sure you can do it. But Loremaster from scratch, HIGHLY doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you in a rush? You can do all of that stuff in 6.0, maybe not challenge mode though because I think they are removing it.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkerzlol View Post
    Why are you in a rush? You can do all of that stuff in 6.0, maybe not challenge mode though because I think they are removing it.
    -Challenge Modes because the set is going away.
    -Green Fire for the achievement and title which won't be obtainable after 6.0
    -Loremaster while leveling because I really wanted to do the quests without 1 shotting everything. Sure, it's faster if you can 1 shot them, but it trivializes the bosses that you encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    How much do the carries generally go for? Early MoP when I was checking this xpac out, I saw people selling runs through it. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? And would it take a long time to make that much gold for a fresh 90?

If you boost to 90, grab a group up, grind Timeless for a day or two. Maybe you could, maybe.
    But I dont, personally, support that kind of boost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    If you boost to 90, grab a group up, grind Timeless for a day or two. Maybe you could, maybe.
    But I dont, personally, support that kind of boost.
    Forgot about that, but no, I will not be boosting to 90.

If you have a grp for challengemode they can be done in 1-3 days with a grp that havent done them before if ppl dont just give up whenever it gets rough. Loremaster can be done in 2-3weeks if you want to nolife the shit out of it and greenfire is possible to do with almost no gear if you have some deacent knowledge about the warlock class and check out a few guides on how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Leveling to 90 takes most people around 48 hours /played time, or less if you have heirlooms and know what you're doing. Starting fresh, I assume no heirlooms.
    Gearing to 500 ilvl should take about 2 hours on timeless isle.
    Green fire might take 2 hours with that 500 ilvl.

If you can budget 54 hours within just over a month (Almost 2 hours every day), sure you can do it. But Loremaster from scratch, HIGHLY doubtful.
    2 hrs for green fire at 500ilvl is not true. Green fire is easy @522 and up imo before that it takes flawless execution and lots of macros. doable but not 2hrs ezmode doable.

get some 535 gear from timeless isle with a couple of burdens, buy some 553 gear, some 522 gear, and run lfr tot and soo. CM is as ez as buying a run. you'll ezmode green fire by then.

You have 5 weeks, 6 at most....

10+ Year Old Account
    -Green Fire for the achievement and title which won't be obtainable after 6.0
    -Loremaster while leveling because I really wanted to do the quests without 1 shotting everything. Sure, it's faster if you can 1 shot them, but it trivializes the bosses that you encounter.
    How much do the carries generally go for? Early MoP when I was checking this xpac out, I saw people selling runs through it. I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? And would it take a long time to make that much gold for a fresh 90?
    Green Fire title will be obtainable until Nov. 13- WoD release.
    You can always make a new toon come WoD and do Loremaster on the second toon while lvling, when the inevitable downtime comes.

Carries tend to go for ~100k atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You have 5 weeks, 6 at most....
    And a lot of free time. Like maybe 10+ hours on most days. Just completed college and I'm taking it easy for a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Green Fire title will be obtainable until Nov. 13- WoD release.
    You can always make a new toon come WoD and do Loremaster on the second toon while lvling, when the inevitable downtime comes.

Carries tend to go for ~100k atm.
    I'd hate to be that guy, but do you have a source on that Green Fire claim? I'd say that almost every comment I've read says otherwise. And please don't take that as some sort of insult, this is just somewhat important to me. The title is pretty amazing.

For the Loremaster bit, that's probably what I'll end up doing.

Is ~100k a lot these days?

Sorry for all of the questions, guys. ^^;
    Last edited by SlashRandom; 2014-09-03 at 01:14 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I suck at Green Fire... I've pretty much come to the conclusion I can't finish it until level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I suck at Green Fire... I've pretty much come to the conclusion I can't finish it until level 100.
    Dont give up trust me i suck at my lock and i managed to do it in RF gear and if i can do it then anyone can. There is plenty of guides outthere that can help.

Anyway back OT

Im guessing you are leveling up a warlock and i would level up quick and start practicing the Heroic dungeons so you can join a CM group and have a good idea what to do. Buying a CM run is expensive and it will take you a while to farm that amount of Gold.

The Greenfire questline is tricky but like its not impossible even with timeless isle gear.

Never Give Up - Never Surrender

- Jason Nesmith (Galaxy Quest)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Russler View Post
    If you have a grp for challengemode they can be done in 1-3 days with a grp that havent done them before if ppl dont just give up whenever it gets rough. Loremaster can be done in 2-3weeks if you want to nolife the shit out of it and greenfire is possible to do with almost no gear if you have some deacent knowledge about the warlock class and check out a few guides on how to do it
    Thats if you can find people who dont give up..
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Out of the 3 green fire is by far the easiest. It took me 6 days /played to level a lock and finish the quest. Including the time it took to max shado-pan, golden lotus, and celestials reps for tradeskills. Plus farming the tome myself on IoT.

If you start from scratch, you might find it hard to pull together the gold to buy a CM boost. So while you level, you should plan ahead and identify the gear you need to collect for CMs. BiS might be a stretch, so if I were you, I would look into the 463+ stuff and see what would be the easiest to get. Remember that raids up to ToT have no limitation on how many roll tokens you can get/week, so it is pretty easy to get those items quickly.

Loremaster is not going to happen while leveling a single character. They made you level so fast that even if you don't have heirlooms there is no way you could complete all the quests without going way ahead in levels.
    Example from my warlock (who did have heirlooms, so numbers may vary): I completed blasted lands quests, which took me to 60, then I completed hellfire and jumped straight to blades edge and from there straight to howling fjord->grizzly hills->basin->hyjal->uldum, then did twilight highlands as soon as I hit 84, and got to 86 before I did the final quest there. Wanted to finish those quests, as I didn't play during cata (during leveling there, I had 3 separate guys whisper me to tell me to go jade forest).
    Even without heirlooms I would wager that you will only be able to do 1/3 of the zones 1-58 before outleveling them. Outlands is even worse, and you don't get to see Storm Peaks and Icecrown if you are completing all the quests in Northrend.

For loremaster you are far better off knocking off one zone at a time, skipping to a new one relevant for your level as you complete them. And then level 3-4 characters. That way you get to do all the quests while they are current for your level, and the achievements stack together as long as you do a full zone on the same character.

If you are a vanilla veteran, I would recommend doing the zones that have changed significantly. Some changed more than others, but it is worth doing the ones that were pretty dull/different before. Such as thousand needles, desolace, blasted lands and then skip the ones that are similar (dushwallow marsh is about the same for example).