Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    So can I restore a level 85 warrior that I deleted 3 years ago?
    I bet you can't since the feature will probably cold-start when the patch goes live. It's highly unlikely that Blizzard fills the restoration manually with all old characters for every account.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

But what if someone on a different account takes the name once it's available? Their wording implies that if the original owner of the name makes a new character with it, they will need to delete it.. but if someone on an entirely different Battle net account takes it... :3c

Signature by Shyama!

Deleted
    I´ve never deleted any high lvl chars.. But I have unlearned max lvl professions and thus spent 6-8k gold on re-learning them... I wish there was an option to undo my un-learning :P

But tbh.. I don´t mind there being consequences for stupid actions

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well this should take a load off the GM queues. Good on you, Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if i deleted 2 characters and both had the same name? I will be forced to pay a name change in order to restore both of them?

Deleted
    Does this mean we can finally swap character names? For example :

Garrosh and Thrall

Delete thrall - Rename garrosh to thrall using a paid name change - Undelete Thrall and change its name to garrosh using a (free?) name change?

3 Things that Need to be Said

1. The idea of anyone complaining about this is ridiculous. This is the expansion is filled with "Quality of Life" features for WoW and this is just another one of those features.

2. It is a fair way for the server space to be freed up by deleting old toons without pissing people off. They are literally giving players a great opportunity to restore their characters in an easy manner. After a certain amount of time, they will delete those characters, as noted above, leaving more space for Blizzard to use on their own servers.

3. Customer service is not in trouble, nor is Blizzard. If anything, this shows that Blizzard is willing to go that extra mile for their suscribers. Blizzard Customer Service probably gets a lot of inquiries about restoring toons. It is less hassle for the GM's now, which obviously makes things easier to deal with customer inquiries at the corporate office, thus making day-to-day operations run smoother.

In summary, why anyone would sit there and think that this is a bad thing and that Blizzard is in trouble is absolutely beyond me and it benefits Blizzard more than us.
    Last edited by crowbarker; 2014-09-26 at 09:32 PM.