Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. Considering that people are posting their garrison setups here, I might as well throw in my two cents...
    Keep in mind, this is for my main, who is a blacksmith/miner, protection paladin with the intention of raiding and keeping my blacksmithing as supplied with ressources as possible.
    Garrison lvl1:
    Large plot: Barracks
    Small plot: Forge.

Garrison lvl2:
    Large plot: Barracks
    Medium plot: Most likely the Lumber Mill, to have as many resources as possible. The other options considered are Trading Post and Lunarfall Inn, them being the final targets for the medium plots; however, Lumber Mill is preffered until enough resources are gathered.
    Small plots: Forge, Salvage Yard or Storehouse - I am yet unsure which one of the two I should put first in the aditional slot.

Garrison lvl3
    Large plots: Barracks, Stables (I just can't resist the thought of seeing my mounts stabled there x) )
    Medium plots: At the start, Lumber Mill in one of the plots; once enough ressources are gathered, Lunarfall Inn and Trading Post, probably Trading Post being first for the aditional plot.
    Small plots: Forge, Salvage Yard, Storehouse.

One thing I am unsure of is whether garrisons will be account-wide or character-based. While I strongly believe it will be the second one, if the first one is how it will be, then Barn will have to be worked in somewhere. Otherwise I will have barns in garrisons on my alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    One thing I am unsure of is whether garrisons will be account-wide or character-based.
    Each character gets his own garrison.

Deleted
    Really great guide.

Would you consider doing a build order for PvPers?

I dont know if you read this on wowhead interview, but seems strange/contradictory to me: "To get the higher difficulty boxes, you need to have had at least a few weeks of kills in a given difficulty in the raid to even be eligible for getting the mission."

I thought I could gear alts without doing raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Would you consider doing a build order for PvPers?
    workshop instead of bunker.
    gladiator's instead of TP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floryel View Post
    You will get Normal ilvl loot from those missions. To get any higher, do the difficulty and you'll get loot from the higher one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floryel View Post
    Never expect reward without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    workshop instead of bunker.
    gladiator's instead of TP

- - - Updated - - -

You will get Normal ilvl loot from those missions. To get any higher, do the difficulty and you'll get loot from the higher one.

- - - Updated - - -

Never expect reward without effort.
    I get it now. Thanks.

I thought it was necessary to do Normal Raid to get Normal gear, too.

Deleted
    What garrison would be best for leatherworking and skinning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaero View Post
    What garrison would be best for leatherworking and skinning?
    tannery and barn

Deleted
    First - thanks for this guide!

I have two questions about garrison:

#1 Dwarven Bunker: Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade. - So actually I have a chance that a "green" Itemlevel xxx Item gets upgraded to a better reward? Or does it mean I have a hight chance to get a better Item for my follower?

#2 A Work Order does take 4 hours each, that said we can do 6 WO á day at one building. Is there any chance to raise this effect? Storehouse Level 1 Perk: "...and increases the total number of active work orders for all buildings by 5." Or do I missunderstand this and we only can add another 5 WO on top of the normal ones?

Thanks

gLock_

Quote Originally Posted by gLock View Post
    First - thanks for this guide!

I have two questions about garrison:

#1 Dwarven Bunker: Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade. - So actually I have a chance that a "green" Itemlevel xxx Item gets upgraded to a better reward? Or does it mean I have a hight chance to get a better Item for my follower?

#2 A Work Order does take 4 hours each, that said we can do 6 WO á day at one building. Is there any chance to raise this effect? Storehouse Level 1 Perk: "...and increases the total number of active work orders for all buildings by 5." Or do I missunderstand this and we only can add another 5 WO on top of the normal ones?

Thanks

gLock_
    Correct on your first idea. There is a chance that your quest reward items will upgraded as you receive them. An Uncommon item can become Rare and a Rare can become Epic with the corresponding increase in stats. The Bunker doubles the chance of this happening.

The 2nd sadly. Active work orders are simple the number of work orders you currently have in the queue. The storehouse lets you keep work orders running without having to log in for longer but it will not allow you to complete more in any given time period.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Correct on your first idea. There is a chance that your quest reward items will upgraded as you receive them. An Uncommon item can become Rare and a Rare can become Epic with the corresponding increase in stats. The Bunker doubles the chance of this happening.
    Thanks Gorsameth for your fast answer.

Another question - Is there a baseline chance to get a quest reward upgraded, even without the Bunker? If so - i did not know this fact before. Could be a nice gimmick while levling.

Greetings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gLock View Post
    Is there a baseline chance to get a quest reward upgraded, even without the Bunker?
    There is, you will randomly get better items

Hey,

thanks for the guide.
    I have a question regarding the Lumber Mill and Trading Post, since I have a feeling I'm missing something.
    Right now on beta the TP gives 30GR per Order = 180 GR per Day, even at level 1.
    The Lumber Mill gives 20GR per Order = 120GR per Day, increased at level 3 by Phylarch (I found different values, some say 50%, so 180GR, some say 100%, resulting in 240GR).
    Considering those numbers, is there any reason at all to take the Lumber Mill? It seems to me, the TP is more efficient (if you can spare the few resources), requires only level 1 (allowing you to switch with Inn) and also has the added bonus of buying mats with spare GR and an AH at higher levels. You also dont have to spend time hunting trees which will probably cost a lot of time in the beginning when everybody is looking for trees.

Question and I hope that I can get this across clearly and it isn't too silly: After reading this wonderful guide and the info herein, I will be running a couple alts in order to complete the achievements to gain access to the level 3 blueprints faster. I have 2 accounts under my email (main battle.net account). Will characters from my other account go towards the work order achievements? I've really never paid attention before.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulz View Post
    Right now on beta the TP gives 30GR per Order
    Considering those numbers, is there any reason at all to take the Lumber Mill?
    Up until now the TP gave 20GR per order, gonna go and see the change.
    If the change is final, then TP > LM at the end is even more obvious. During lvling however LM is better cuz it has ''free'' work orders (as opposed to Tps need of materials).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tosis View Post
    Will characters from my other account go towards the work order achievements?
    Nop, each wow account is separate, even under the same bnet account.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I assign a follower to a profession building I cannot on the same time send him on missions too? This could slow follower leveling progress quite a bit.

Is the Glad Sanctum quest that awards GR repeatable? If possible I'd much rather fuel my GR via PVP than having to build a lumber mill. As a leatherworker, I would much rather have a Barn or something in that particular Garrison slot.

Edit: As a random aside, there should totally be a Barber shop as a small plot choice that unlocks new haircuts as you level it up.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    Up until now the TP gave 20GR per order, gonna go and see the change.
    If the change is final, then TP > LM at the end is even more obvious. During lvling however LM is better cuz it has ''free'' work orders (as opposed to Tps need of materials).

- - - Updated - - -

Nop, each wow account is separate, even under the same bnet account.
    Thanks for the quick reply...bummer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    When I assign a follower to a profession building I cannot on the same time send him on missions too?
    Only 1 thing at the time sry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Is the Glad Sanctum quest that awards GR repeatable?
    Daily, so no way to fill up GR like lm/tp
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    As a leatherworker, I would much rather have a Barn or something in that particular Garrison slot.
    Tannery is for LW. Barn just provides bonus fur
    Last edited by Denizly; 2014-10-23 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulz View Post
    Hey,

thanks for the guide.
    I have a question regarding the Lumber Mill and Trading Post, since I have a feeling I'm missing something.
    Right now on beta the TP gives 30GR per Order = 180 GR per Day, even at level 1.
    The Lumber Mill gives 20GR per Order = 120GR per Day, increased at level 3 by Phylarch (I found different values, some say 50%, so 180GR, some say 100%, resulting in 240GR).
    Considering those numbers, is there any reason at all to take the Lumber Mill? It seems to me, the TP is more efficient (if you can spare the few resources), requires only level 1 (allowing you to switch with Inn) and also has the added bonus of buying mats with spare GR and an AH at higher levels. You also dont have to spend time hunting trees which will probably cost a lot of time in the beginning when everybody is looking for trees.
    LM is still better during leveling because you rely less on other resources. If you have a profession that needs ore you wont have enough spares until you get the level 2 mine and you wont get the herb garden until 96 and even then it will take a few days to get enough of each to be able to cover them
    Additionally you want a level 2 TP anyway so you can have enough work orders running to be able to skip a day if it gives you a material you dont have in stock.

At max level and with your garrison level 3 buildings done so you dont need large amounts of GR then yes a TP is superior to a LM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death