Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    I'm not getting 'bent out of shape' I'm just expressing my unbiased opinion, unlike some people.

So are we to assume standing in a street with a group of friends is suspicious? Guess I better not hang out with my buddies in public... :eyeroll:
    Running from a cop is suspicious. Your opinion isn't as unbiased as you'd like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    17 shots seems like a lot, but this guy who got shot also seems like he's at fault, so...

I don't see any obvious issue with this. The security guard being a cop is irrelevant, he was shot at after pursuing someone who I guess he thought was suspicious, which turned out to be more than a hunch since he actually did have a gun and used it. Doesn't matter that he's a cop, right?

Again, I don't see any problem here.
    Of course it matters, why would a security guard go chase after someone on a city street? If he hadnt been a cop then that would've resulted in jail time for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People want RACIAL EQUALITY... yet when it comes to black on white crimes most of the time its swept away. white man looks at a black man wrong, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out of the woodwork to denounce the WHITE COMMUNITY.
    so you´re saying racism is a thing of the past and everything´s fine in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

So suspect fires three rounds at the officer from his "sandwich" and people try to say the cop over reacted? To me it just seem like one less moron as if you carry a gun and fire at the police your either a criminal or incredibly stupid (especially in a country like USA where there police are armed). Side note on this if he took 17 shots to kill this guy he either needs firearms training or was over generous with the warning shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    So he was working as a security guard while wearing his police uniform? Would think that's illegal
    Cops get gigs working security (that they do in their police uniform) all the time. Helps supplement their income, and if you think about it, it helps the police, because they aren't having to pay out of THEIR limited budgets to provide security for whatever it is. There's actually a website called http://offdutypoliceofficers.com/ where you can hire off duty cops for security.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    That doesn't make it any better. The criminal didn't have any reason to shoot at the cop besides he was a cop.
    Because some guy chasing you down and then getting in a fight isn't a reason for self-defense, noooope.

Anyone defending the black man who opened fire on the officer obviously didn't read the article and only wants to further their own agenda of "cops are racist because they shot a black man and facts don't matter, they're all lies." Gotta love that MMO-C forum community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So suspect fires three rounds at the officer from his "sandwich" and people try to say the cop over reacted? To me it just seem like one less moron as if you carry a gun and fire at the police your either a criminal or incredibly stupid (especially in a country like USA where there police are armed). Side note on this if he took 17 shots to kill this guy he either needs firearms training or was over generous with the warning shots.
    Indeed, the world is a better place today. Fewer assholes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    The problem is, this happened close to the Ferguson shooting that's been in the news. It's adding fuel to the fire. There could be a huge riot over many days that causes billions of dollars of damage.
    Again I tell you, this was NOT close to Ferguson at all. They are both in the Greater St. Louis Metropolitan Area, but are over 10 miles apart in completely different parts of the city. Yes, it will add fuel to the fire because people are still on edge, and will be for a good long time to come, but that is the only correlation this incident should have with the Ferguson event.

Also, if as you say "it's not uncommon for black teens to run from police," then they are surely up to no good. It's very clear these guys were up to no good once one of them started shooting at the cop. If you've done nothing wrong, don't give the appearance that you have by trying to flee the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Now we have a dead teen and heightened racial tensions in the community.
    No, we now have one fewer armed criminals on the street. This wasn't about race, it was about an idiot 18 year old who was more willing to to kill a police officer than get caught for whatever he had done or was about to do. Had he been innocent, he wouldn't have shot at the officer. But you are right, it will heighten racial tensions for all of St. Louis, because we were already on edge, and lets be honest... St. Louis has a long history of racial division. I sure don't know the solution, but a good step would be... if you aren't a criminal, don't behave like one. Protesters on both sides of the issue should probably take that to heart as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    so you´re saying racism is a thing of the past and everything´s fine in the US?
    No, he's saying it's a two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People want RACIAL EQUALITY... yet when it comes to black on white crimes most of the time its swept away. white man looks at a black man wrong, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out of the woodwork to denounce the WHITE COMMUNITY.
    So it's the people's fault the media tends to run with "what will attract more viewers"?

Sex, War, racial crime, etc, all these things are controversial so it only makes sense for big media outlets to focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    Anyone defending the black man who opened fire on the officer obviously didn't read the article and only wants to further their own agenda of "cops are racist because they shot a black man and facts don't matter, they're all lies." Gotta love that MMO-C forum community.
    Uh...what? This was a situation that should've never happened. Skin color doesn't matter outside of there already being animosity between cops and blacks, particulalry ones in anything resembling a gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    One poster above stated when a police officer draws his weapon and fires its to kill and that is not the case at all actually. Officers are trained to shoot COM center of mass which is about where your rib cage comes together. Do they know it to be an area that could be highly terminal? Yes, but they do so to stop the target, never to kill. Failure to stop regarding handgun shoots is more common than the aggressor stopping his aggressive behavior believe it or not, not opinion just facts. It never said he struck the teen 17 times, it said he fired his weapon 17 times and during a fight to the death with blood and adrenalin pumping you can't say he wasn't trained enough or to much to have missed or hit 17 times. In a tense situation like this you can fired off 17 shots in 2-3 secs and not even know how many shots were fired, normally you aren't able to count.

Having someone actually attempt to try and kill you firing a weapon at point blank range would have rattled anyone as well
    wtf are you rambling on about?

Police officers are trained to deal with high stress situations. I would sure as hell like to think that a police officer with a firearm is well equipped mentally to deal with adrenaline and situations that may require deadly force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Of course it matters, why would a security guard go chase after someone on a city street? If he hadn't been a cop then that would've resulted in jail time for him.
    Oh, well there we go. Doesn't matter that he's a security guard would be more accurate then, right?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Uh...what? This was a situation that should've never happened. Skin color doesn't matter outside of there already being animosity between cops and blacks, particulalry ones in anything resembling a gang.
    Agreed, it never should of happened. But guess who caused it to happen? It's certainly not the officer.

just another gud boi who dint do nothin, was someone else who shot da poleece man

Deleted

Police officers are trained to deal with high stress situations. I would sure as hell like to think that a police officer with a firearm is well equipped mentally to deal with adrenaline and situations that may require deadly force.
    You can train all your life for a scenario, but until you are in it you don't know how anyone can react. You can simulate the situation yes, but knowing you are safe vs knowing you could die causes very different reactions

Stop trying to make out like police officers are supposed to be above the basic fight/flight mechanics of humans. Because they are not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Because some guy chasing you down and then getting in a fight isn't a reason for self-defense, noooope.
    That guy is a cop. A cop has certain privileges. One of which is to ask you questions. If you refuse to answer that gives him right to investigate further for possible criminal acts. Running from a cop is the same as not answering his questions. A cop chasing you down doesn't give you the right to shoot him under any circumstance.

15+ Year Old Account
    The kid had a gun. One less criminal out there now.

Job well done officer.

Training will never compare to people actively trying to kill you outside of the academy. You can train all you want but that doesn't guarantee you the mental fortitude or peace of mind when someone is actually trying to take your life.