Quote Originally Posted by Eggye View Post
    Well I wouldn't say BEST in game, but for this particular boss, being a melee healer has its benefits. Although I'm not sure how accurate it would be comparing healing a 5 man to healing a tank in raid where there are more buffs and healers.
    I was just debating on his second point that our tank heals are strong. Wasn't talking about Tectus at all. If anything, having to swap targets to another tank hurts us because you have to recast soom earlier (0.5s) and lose any bonus soom healing from EM. Buffs won't affect much either; dungeons are tuned around fewer buffs. So raid/dungeon differences don't elucidate anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i dunno about that

you can dps fully for an entire encounter with chi explosion and do pretty insane hps

log is private (idk why :<) but on our latest twin ogron kill i did 16.5k dps and 50k hps

on butcher i did 17.5k dps and unfortunately only 45k hps (rip statue positioning ) but our kill was 3:29 so my 2nd xuen didn't get full uptime
    I think he just meant you can't do any two of those things at once: fistweave, aoe serpent, or st serpent. If you want to switch "modes" there is a ramp-up price
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-01-17 at 01:14 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

oh yeah of course but i think that's fair?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    The problem I'm having here is that in AskMrRobot, I plug in the stat weights, however the Winged Hourglass trinket says invalid and at the bottom. Even with crafted items checked.
    That will happen if you have it equipped in one slot and you're comparing trinkets in the other slot, you get "invalid" because you can't equip 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I was just debating on his second point that our tank heals are strong. Wasn't talking about Tectus at all. If anything, having to swap targets to another tank hurts us because you have to recast soom earlier (0.5s) and lose any bonus soom healing from EM. Buffs won't affect much either; dungeons are tuned around fewer buffs. So raid/dungeon differences don't elucidate anything at
    I thought that was debated because having to recast soothing and surging is still faster then hard casting a big heal when switching back and forth?

sadly getting prot tier is gonna be next to impossible if you're in a guild that cares at all about min-maxing:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ru4/edit#gid=0

dem protection token dps increases
    Do you have any source or simulationcraft for this sheet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggye View Post
    I thought that was debated because having to recast soothing and surging is still faster then hard casting a big heal when switching back and forth?
    The initial heal goes off faster because surging is instant during soom, but you have to spend an extra 0.5s total if you're just casting one surging, which isn't terrible because soom's healing relative to SM is nontrivial (almost half the healing comes from SooM if you count Statue healing)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, somewhat. I think ST/AoE swaps could stand to have less ramp-up to be on par with other healers. Crane/Serpent swaps requiring ramp-up is by design.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by sgtcook View Post
    Try looking at the sheet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtcook View Post
    It's in the sheet xD

Huh image not showing... Ah well, http://gyazo.com/c00f2a06a0a23b1576b4b5d010d4da5e. (the screencap showing the info you wanted)

Deleted
    Having a ramp up time is fine but only if that ramp up time is the cost of having a higher throughput, if other healer have the same throughput time but no ramp up then its clearly not a mechanical twist but just a drawback. Going from Crane to Serpent needs a drawback because its an intelligent choice what form of healing to do. Being better at aoe than single target isn't a huge deal because everyone has to have things they're better at and worse at or we might as well all play Generic Healer with spell selection of Heal, Great Heal, Fast Heal, AoE Heal and the Big Flashy Cooldown and have re-skins for your class colour set.

I don't think that is a good excuse for us not having scope for boosting healing when we need to, compared to Resto druids and shamans particularly because they're the other healers I know well. Both classes have more than 4 cooldowns outside of HTT/Tranq (Heart of the Wild, Tree of Life, Nature's Vigil, Ironskin; Spirit Link Totem, Ascendance, Ancestral Guidance, 2 Greater Elementals, Elemental Mastery, Bloodlust!) which can be used alone or in combination to boost healing in response to a change in damage profile.

What can we do when more healing is needed? RJW or SCK is great healing and certainly costs a bomb, but is still limited by range and time. Spamming Soothing-Surging is depressing and ineffective (300%!!) AND means our ability to raid heal is impaired but at least generates chi. Uplift spam is analogous to Chain Heal and Wild Growth. Life Cocoon as our single target emergency like Spirit Link and Ironbark compares well, clearly Ironbark not as lifesaving. RJW or SCK is great healing output and certainly costs a bomb, but is still limited by range and time.

Am I in the minority here? My impression is that we put out great healing numbers, efficient mana use but when we are need to do more, we're limited to RJW for melee and Uplift for range. I've openly said I don't like the mana refund mechanic in Mana Tea and would be overjoyed to see it converted to Tigers eye Brew for healing, with a compensatory readjustment of mana costs and if needed slight reduction to spell power coefficients. Bonus side point of making Crane valuable for healing later in the encounter .

Deleted
    yeah id also love to see manatea go away and get it replaced with TeB. we certainly lack a througput cd

do i count as a girl cus if so yes pls :3
    Ah, being a girl helps nothing, believe me!
    On the bright side I'm hihgmaul BiS now (well, except I'd like to change my neck to the multistrike one) mostly with coins and followers

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, and I need the less shitty boots.

Mana Tea change from 4% mana per stack to "mana equal to 4 times your unbuffed Spirit"

spirit just got even more OP~

curious to see what kind of hit this will be to our regen.

edit:

won't be a huge hit and will probably be a net gain going forward in BRF and future tiers. lol
    Last edited by Ranor; 2015-01-17 at 08:52 PM.

if we are using regen trinkets, the passive spirit ones will likely be the only option then seeing as how ones like hourglass or chewtoy wont do anything for mana tea

Chewtoy was never going to be the best choice anyways with Shielding Talisman being so good as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    As if Mana Tea wasn't already a broken mechanic. 1% of max mana was 1600. 4 times unbuffed Spirit means you only need 400 Spirit.

In what world does this make any kind of sense? Also now MW will scale exponentially with Spirit as it will both give more mana back and make spells effectively cost less. They should just remove it since they clearly don't understand how to balance the mechanic.
    each stack of mana tea rewarded 4% of maximum mana. you will need 1600 spirit for mana tea to have the same effect.
    Last edited by Natureseer; 2015-01-17 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    each stack of mana tea rewarded 4% of maximum mana. you will need 1600 spirit for mana tea to have the same effect.
    Yeah I'm dumb, forgot it was only 1% per chi. I suppose it's not that awful of an idea then.

The question is though, what does this do to Ascension? How is that talent even supposed to be useful?

I really don't understand why they would make that mana tea change now and not at some point in the year+ in MoP when we completely disregarded spirit. Spirit was already decent for us and all this change does is force us into using passive spirit trinkets.

I'll take spirit being OP no prob.

It does make Spirit better, but it locks MW into weird trinket choices where you pretty much have to have passive Spirit. Anything that's a mana proc or a spirit proc is automatically a lot worse than passive Spirit now, which is kind of awkward.

Yeah but it's okay because we have trinkets that are like 500 spirit and 2500+ multistrike. yolo