10+ Year Old Account
    Resto druid utility is having a boomkin offspec Kappa

Title change to 6.2 and thanks for updating the guide Monkioh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moppe View Post
    Hello fellow mistweavers.

Thanks for your good discussions. I got a question regarding raidenvironment in Hellfire Citadel. For quite a few fights in my guilds progression throughout mythic BRF and Highmaul even, I've been benched on most 4 healer fights due to be playing monk mistweaver. Our healerraid-team is 1 x disc, 1 x hpally, 1 x shaman, 1 x restodruid and me (mw monk). The Healerofficer main reason is due to the lack of throughput cd other than just revival, whereas druids have treeform etc. (Worth to mention that it's been told to me over and over again from raidleader, GM etc. that it is not a skill-issue simply a class one.)

My question is though, is it in HFC mostly 4 healer fights and in case of a upcoming benched situation again a la BRF what are good argument points where monks shine compare to its counterparts?

Thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,

Moppe
    I'm extremely confident monk is outright better than resto druid, both now and in 6.2, our output pretty much matches the druids even in a 2 minute period with all those CD's (eg BH P3). The huge majority of people underestimate the dps a monk can do on a lot of fights and how useful it is and we're just getting stronger generally in 6.2, extend life does very good numbers overall and gives you a lot more control than you currently have over who you do your healing to. Disc/pally/shaman/monk is imo the strongest 4 healer setup. Obviously huge skill differences will change that but i don't think druid is better than monk on any fight except maybe grull this tier and i can't see that changing next tier.

I don't know about you guys, but after the mandatory Disc and Paladin it never mattered to me how much healing the other two healers could do. I don't think there was a single boss in BRF that was a real healer test aside from maybe early Kromog. It's not like healers were brought to Blackhand or Blast Furnace because of how much HPS they could do, but rather what other use they were to the raid.

I only ever had Resto Druids in my raid because some fights without at least 2 Stampeding Roars are incredibly irritating and we didn't have a Boomkin. Resto Shamans only existed because some fights without 265312426 healing CDs were kind of annoying (and SLT is straight-up overpowered for Flamebender and Blackhand).

Aside from those things that the raid kind of needed to function, MWs are like the kings of cheesing mechanics and any raid that can afford to have one should. Extend Life is only making it worse with the two anti-healing shields in HFC (where you have to heal up X million health on a single person before they can be healed again) getting wrecked by it. The loss of Aspect of the Fox actually kind of hurts the need for Stampeding Roars as well because everyone is much more likely to use strategies that involve not moving at all or stacking classes that can teleport (Mages, Warlocks, Hunters can disengage, Boomkins can blink) so Roars aren't that great anymore.

I'd say in 6.2 Disc + Paladin + Shaman + MW is probably the ideal comp, but I'd even take another MW or Paladin over the Shaman if a fight didn't dictate double SLT being needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a MOP new player, so I have never played a Resto Shaman.
    How much healing does Healing Tide Totem do? Does it heal more than Revival?

Revival, HTT, Tranq, after the fox removed, which is better in 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Revival, HTT, Tranq, after the fox removed, which is better in 6.2?
    Define better. Because the answer will change depending on the scenario.

Mechanically:
    If movement is required during use: Revival>=HTT>>>Tranq (unless BoP can be used)
    If its one massive hit, Revival>HTT=Tranq
    If its damage taken over 8 secs-ish without movement Tranq>=HTT>Revival

Edit
    In terms of spellpower (including spec passives but ignoring mastery)

Tranq: 1100.9%
    Revival: 1074% (in serpent stance)
    HTT: Base 5 Ticks, 630% (scales with haste, each tick adds another 126%)
    Most geared shamans have 7 ticks with HTT = 882%

HTT scales heavily with mastery (and therefore how damaged the targets are), Tranq scales well with mastery - Revival does not.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-06-17 at 07:54 PM.

Depends on the fight for sure but I would say 8/10 times the HTT, Tranq are better for fights due to the prolonged nature of the healing and I believe they do a small amount more raw healing. Overall Revival is niche in its role due to the instant healing it provides. It is very strong for a large single hit aoe to the raid such as BH transition but less so on most other mechanics i.e. Thogar fire line, Kromog breath, Flamebender firestorm, BH massive demolitions. All abilities require you to wait for the raid to take a significant amount of damage before using revival which will often put your raid in danger of dieing to a small mistake that would often not kill them if there was a Tranq or HTT going.

Will mistweavers be any good tank healing?

would you rather bring a shaman or a monk? nvm, just saw suplifts post.
    Last edited by siccora; 2015-06-17 at 09:50 PM.
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    Will mistweavers be any good tank healing?
    Yes, extend life helps us a lot in that area.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=15&by=target
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rget&source=17
    couple of PTR logs, the mythic one i didn't cast a single direct heal except extend life and as you can see the tanks received a lot of healing from just the AoE i was doing, if you needed to heal the tanks heavily it helps a lot with that.

Question, if i enveloping a target with extend life does the enveloping transfer to them?

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    would you rather bring a shaman or a monk?
    You can't just ask that question on its own, it depends a lot on the fights, the other healers etc. If you had to decide between those two it would, for me, depend on how useful spirit link is on a given fight. The monk can do much much higher damage, much higher burst on prio damage targets, they have higher aoe output and i'm not too sure on shamans mana situations but in higher gear levels monks mana is irrelevant to output. Extend life also gives monks comparable single target burst, although its slower than a shamans so that cancels it out imo, revival is slightly worse than HTT although with a skilled raid that difference becomes smaller. All of the benefits for the monk are not relevant if spirit link trivializes a difficult part of the fight though that you'd otherwise spend wipes on.
    Last edited by mmocbbd29f1a3b; 2015-06-17 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atacamite View Post
    Question, if i enveloping a target with extend life does the enveloping transfer to them?
    it does, imgur/oL61fiv (ptr log screenshot, cant post links)

Well the good news is that Revival gains a niche as movement raid cd even though it loses the 100yd range niche
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Is there another change to revival besides the 100yd range?

I'l update the trinket spreadsheet with all 3 difficulties today, based on Geodew's post. Wasn't expecting the patch to be this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    Is there another change to revival besides the 100yd range?
    The removal of Aspect of the Fox is an indirect buff since Tranq is the main competitor

- - - Updated - - -

Also keep in mind that you can cast during HTT/Rev.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Geodew, Any reason why Blackhand Haste trinket is consider BiS in T18 Content over [Ironspike Chew Toy] [Elementalist's Shielding Talisman] ?

Sorry If it was explained....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Well the good news is that Revival gains a niche as movement raid cd even though it loses the 100yd range niche
    A lot of situations will probably have it still used through BoP, it's not huge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post
    Hey Geodew, Any reason why Blackhand Haste trinket is consider BiS in T18 Content over [Ironspike Chew Toy] [Elementalist's Shielding Talisman] ?

Static spirit is too good, and Haste becomes better than Crit with the bursty nature of HFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post

It doesn't look like it's BiS. Leech is obviously one slot, and (Mythic!) mana reduction/on-use-crit trinkets from HFC scored slightly higher than Mythic Autoclave. As for why Autoclave is better than Chew Toy and Talisman, check Slakos' BRF trinket spreadsheet linked in my signature

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't look like it's BiS. Leech is obviously one slot, and (Mythic!) mana reduction/on-use-crit trinkets from HFC scored slightly higher than Mythic Autoclave. As for why Autoclave is better than Chew Toy and Talisman, check Slakos' BRF trinket spreadsheet linked in my signature
    I can change Autoclave to Phylactery, but are you sure we'll have enough spirit?
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

7+ Year Old Account
    Has the trinket spreadsheet had updates to the stat weights, in terms of calculating trinket values?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!