Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mists of Pandaria Included in Base Game, Site Update, Blasted Lands, Gearing Up Alts

Update (1:20 PM EST): Added Blizzard's Patch 6.0.2 video recap.

Mists of Pandaria Included in Base Game
    Mists of Pandaria has been removed from the Battle.Net Shop and the base game now is listed as including level 1 to 90. Players who haven't purchased Warlords of Draenor yet had their launcher change to the base game background instead of Mists of Pandaria.

World of Warcraft Site Updated
    The World of Warcraft site design has been updated to include a new background and the Warlords of Draenor logo.

Patch 6.0.2 Survival Guide
    Blizzard has released a video recap of some of the major changes in Patch 6.0.2.

Iron Horde Invasion - Blasted Lands Quests
    Upon logging in you should be able to start the short Blasted Lands quest line. These quests reward Iron Starlette, The Iron Invasion, and the of the Iron Vanguard title.

You can find more information about the quests on the WoWDB pages for the initial Alliance / Horde quest.

Gearing Up Alts
    If you want to gear up alts to make leveling in Warlords a little bit easier, there are now a few more ways to do so. Keep in mind that lots of items can be upgraded at the cost of 50 x Lesser Charm of Good Fortune.

• Upper Blackrock Spire - The new version of UBRS drops item level 550 blues, which is better than you can get from Normal Siege of Orgrimmar (without upgrades). You need item level 510 to queue.
    • Honor - Battlegrounds and arena skirmishes can give you honor to purchase item level 550 Prideful gear.
    • Gold - Gear that was sold for Justice or Valor previously is now sold for gold!
    • Timeless Isle - You can get lots of 496 gear from chests on the isle. If you get tokens for armor you don't need, you can send them to other alts.
    • World Bosses - The world bosses have a 15-30% chance to drop gear. Don't forget Ordos is now accessible to everyone.
    • Siege of Orgrimmar - Flex is now normal and scales from 10 to 30, so take advantage of the Group Finder to get some gear. If you are item level 496 or above, you can get item level 528 gear from Raid Finder.
    • Throne of Thunder - If you are at least item level 480, you can do Throne of Thunder. Bosses have a ~30% chance to drop item level 502 gear.

Patch 6.0.2 Known Issues
    Originally Posted by Zorbrix (Blue Tracker)
    Classes
    • Priest - Switching targets while casting Mind Vision can cause Mind Vision to sometimes show the Priest's PoV instead of the original target.
    • Priest - Holy Word: Serenity does not work with mouseover macros.
    • Paladin - The temporary crit rating buffs are not increasing Parry chance through Riposte.
    • Mage - Frozen Orb has its projectile pathing blocked by objects, such as trees, that don't block line of sight for targeted spells.
    • Monk - Healing Spheres summoned by Gift of the Serpent will not spawn near the NPC party members during Proving Grounds.
    • Priest - Chakra: Serenity is not increasing the healing of Glyph of Power Word: Shield (56160).

Environment
    • Trial of the Crusader: There is a camera issue when moving the camera into the alcove where the mobs enter the arena.
    • Orgrimmar: There are three areas in the ground in the Cleft of Shadow where you can see under the world.
    • Vale of Eternal Blossoms - There are sections of missing water and extra planes of water in several locations.

Items
    • Obsidian Sanctum - Drake mounts may not drop if players kill Sartharion too fast.

Dungeons:
    • The special level 90 version of Upper Blackrock Spire is not visible in the dungeon finder dropdown unless you meet the average item level requirement of 510.

Quests
    • It is possible for players to receive multiple Brew of the Month Club mails or no mail at all.
    • Some Brew Vendors may not always sell the brew of the month to players who are eligible.

Characters, Creatures, and Mounts:
    • Creatures will rotate to face a player if the player is moving after landing the killing blow or if they one-shot the creature.
    • A minor animation error will occur when Female Trolls do the "read" emote.
    • A minor animation error will occur when Female dwarves drown.
    • Multiple HD character models sit incorrectly in various types of chairs.
    • The Murkablo Battle Pet isn't playing idle animation sounds, and is missing a visual fire spell effect.
    • Orc Male's beards can sometimes appear untextured in the character creation process.
    • Fel versions of the Dreadsteed and Felsteed mounts display some non-fel effects.
    • Players mounted on a multi-passenger vehicle on a transport are not shown the transport loading screen when crossing continents.
    • A minor animation error can occur with some drake mounts (Nether Drakes, Frost Wyrms) when they land after jumping.

UI:
    • Female Blood elf cloaks animate as though they are female Draenei.
    • Players, other than the party leader, are prompted to select a role, the first time that specific group queues for an arena match.
    • Account-wide achievement criteria may not always visually display progress (Logging in and out sometimes resolves this).
    • Mouse-over tooltips maybe sometimes only remain on screen for a fraction of a second.
    • The rewards tooltip for Guild Vault Voucher (7th Slot) visually displays the wrong requirements.
    • Holy priest chakras do not work with the stance conditional.
    • The equipment manager and title panes of the character pane may sometimes visually be blank.
    • Some sections of the item upgrade UI (before you select an item to upgrade) has not been updated to reflect that PvE upgrades should now only cost Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
    • The Professions window can appear gray if opened after viewing a grayed out page of the Spellbook or Core Abilities tabs.
    • With the Recruit-A-Friend faction suggestion active, Create New Character will autoselect races from either faction.
    • The indicator used to show which direction the Eclipse Bar is going for a Balance Druid appears to visually flip randomly throughout the process of the bar as a whole.
    • The skybox flickers when CrossFireX is enabled.
    Last edited by chaud; 2014-10-15 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Upper Blackrock Spire - The new version of UBRS drops item level 550 blues, which is better than you can get from Normal Siege of Orgrimmar (without upgrades).
    Normal SoO is 553 no?

What was the previous drop chance for personal loot items?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Normal SoO is 553 no?
    That's heroic SoO. Remember the difficulty names changed. Old Flex is New Normal.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That's heroic SoO. Remember the difficulty names changed. Old Flex is New Normal.
    Confusing, but I get it.

Normal SoO is 553 no?
    Normal is 540 (was Flex).

Confusing, but I get it.
    Yeah, it's gonna be a bit before that's not weird anymore, haha

I suspect for many of us, dealing with at times significant changes to our mains means waiting a bit before plunging into this quest line.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? Dreanor will be open in 1 month and we'll all have higher lvl gear instantly

Deleted
    just to ask a thing...is the drop rate 15/30% a random number you used? or is it now buffed as for a a pre-expansion...
    becuase it seems a bit weird for me that i ran SoO with 5 alts last week in lfr/flex used all coins i had (except 1) to get only 2 loots...
    i understand nrg is nrg, but. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Who cares? Dreanor will be open in 1 month and we'll all have higher lvl gear instantly
    Depends on what gear you had going in.

Anyone know if the changes to MoP being included with the base game means that recruit-a-friend xp bonuses now work till 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin3rd View Post
    just to ask a thing...is the drop rate 15/30% a random number you used? or is it now buffed as for a a pre-expansion...
    becuase it seems a bit weird for me that i ran SoO with 5 alts last week in lfr/flex used all coins i had (except 1) to get only 2 loots...
    i understand nrg is nrg, but. . .
    15-30% is the world bosses. Flex SoO has a ~25% drop rate for items.

So no need to buy MOP if we buy WOD ? nice.

edit : i stopped at Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    Anyone know if the changes to MoP being included with the base game means that recruit-a-friend xp bonuses now work till 90?
    Lf this info also and if old accounts got boosted to MoP.

Normal SoO is 553 no?
    Normal SoO now is the old flex (540 iLvl)

Upper Blackrock Spire - The new version of UBRS drops item level 550 blues, which is better than you can get from Normal Siege of Orgrimmar (without upgrades). You need item level 510 to queue.
    I was trying to make a list of items to farm for my resto druid.

Some of the items on that list are for lvl 92 or 95 characters? The item list was confusing me. So I compared the list to wowhead version and there are many differences such as http://beta.wowdb.com/items/-barov-lumberjack-caller is not listed on the wowhead site as dropping in UBRS pre-patch event. Wowhead says 17 items are available from the special event. While the list here is 31 items.

I'm not sure what information is correct. Any clarification would be appreciate.
    Last edited by Royalite; 2014-10-14 at 05:08 PM.

The World of Warcraft site design has been updated to include a new background and the Warlords of Draenor logo.
    Still shows MoP logo and art for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreRT View Post
    Still shows MoP logo and art for me.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...kground/#post4

10+ Year Old Account
    EU WoW Site will still show MoP until tomorrow.