10+ Year Old Account

Healing dungeons while levelling as holy

Hi guys, I'm currently levelling a priest and I've had some problems while healing in the 60's range. For example, first trash on hellfire ramparts I basically have to spam flash heal + heal on tank so he won't die, and that ends up eating half my mana. I really feel my heals are not healing for that much and tanks are always on the verge of dieing (except on Guardian tanks).

Any pointers you can share for a new holy priest?

Edit: oh yeah, about my healing "rotation", I'm spamming flash heal, using heal with 2 stacks of serendipity, pw shield every time I can, chakra floor and the well on big pulls.
    Last edited by Pappo; 2014-11-04 at 07:39 PM.

Try Disc. People say it's better.

During these pre-expansion patches, class balance at lower levels is often really weird. I remember in the Cata pre-patch, bear tanks were completely neutered at lower levels, and didn't get fixed until after the expansion.

Personally I use the other Chakra in 5 mans (the one that refreshes Renew), always keeping Renew on the tank, using the Chakra move that makes the tank receive extra healing, and then a couple flash heals keep em up. The Chakra with the floor AOE, is more for raid healing IMO (I don't remember if you have this Chakra at 60 but hopefully it helps!)

In my experience, constant renews are a holy priests best friend, I don't bother with PW:Shield unless I'm disc spec

I mean people don't really take much damage

try to sit in chastise chakra and do some damage, and just throw instant heals like power word:shield and renew and move when you toss them

if the tank does do really big pulls or falls below 60% hp change chakras and hit him with some direct heals

the other choice is to just do disc and be bored

Yeah, if the tank was taking too much damage, then either:

-He was a noob trying to tank in a dps spec
    -Or trying to tank without a proper weapon
    -Pulling too much
    -Not using tank abilities correctly

etc.

I just healed a dungeon at 65 on a druid, and it was boring and easy. Very little damage to heal.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-04 at 08:55 PM.

this sounds more like a noob tank half naked and in dps spec than anything else.

Deleted
    Do not forget that because of the stat squish stuff got seriously changed.

Use chackra serenity (single target one) It will not only keep renew permanetly on your tank which will help with the healing, the power word you get from it is actually a nice instant heal.

Mortal Strike.

I literally just passed through the hellfire ramparts phase, and it sucked.

Any other OL dungeon I'm in I'm perfectly fine, but every other mob casts mortal strike and wrecks your healing. It's fine once you get out of that dungeon's range.
    Last edited by redsunrising15; 2014-11-06 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Do not forget that because of the stat squish stuff got seriously changed.

Use chackra serenity (single target one) It will not only keep renew permanetly on your tank which will help with the healing, the power word you get from it is actually a nice instant heal.
    To Add it has low costs and will make your new heal/flash heal a guaranteed crit and heal more for i believe 6 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    make your new heal/flash heal a guaranteed crit and heal more for i believe 6 sec.
    It's +25% crit chance for single-target spells on that target, for 6s.

I've been leveling as disc but gave holy a try at lv 70. I've found that while group healing is a tiny bit better tank healing is much harder. I think it's due to the haste talent that procs from PW:S

edit: It also is really hard to keep brewmasters up for some reason
    Last edited by gombudja; 2014-11-06 at 06:25 PM.

There is (was? I haven't levelled since the squish) a jump in damage fom vanilla to BC dungeons. Keep in mind too that those are the dungeons where every single new DK thinks he can tank, without actually knowing how much damage they can take. Same thing happened at level 68 when transitioning from BC dungeons to Utgarde Keep.

Just ask the tank to bear with you and make smaller pulls. It gets better once you gain 2-3 lvls.