Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question First Impressions

To everyone watching, what did you guys think? Blizzard is expanding into all genres they haven't touched yet. Seems like they are really diversifying their product. I'm pretty excited because it looks cool.

Reactions?
    BAD WOLF

Only saw screen shots. Looks like TF2 plus Firefall

I'm a shooter fan so I'll give it a go

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to show me some solo player. All team based isn't fun when joining with random people, at least not in a game where certain characters need to support others.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the trailer, was hoping for a fun action/rpg style game and thought it looked pretty good, exactly like something I'd like.

Then I saw the game play and just...ugh. I really don't enjoy games like that.

Deleted
    I was expecting something more along the lines of Firefall/Destiny, a more MMOFPS, but it still looked good. Maybe a little to similar to TF2, I moved away from that game years ago as it got a little stale after 2 years of playing it, but I hope Blizzard make it different enough to make it fun again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Need to show me some solo player. All team based isn't fun when joining with random people, at least not in a game where certain characters need to support others.
    Exactly totally agree. I might try it if it has a long and fun solo campaign, but so far it seems to just be pick a char and team vs team FPS, two things I do not enjoy combined into one thing I won't enjoy.

i am excited!

as someone else said it looks like to be a mix of fps/moba in that you literally have tank dps support and healer classes in a fps style.

Looks cool! If they can properly balance the abilities and play at 60 fps I'll be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hyped. I'd kind of grown out of shooters but this might draw me back in. It looks slick and smooth and the aesthetics are great.

feels like tf2, smells like tf2 and looks better than tf2, yeap, im in dude! really happy with this surprise

Even with blizz tendency to take things that already exist and make them better, I doubt its enough to make me like team fortres copy. I tried playing that game. I wondered what is so good about it that many people play it and tell its fun. I found it horrendously boring.

Very soon after I realized what overwatch was, I sort of tried to forget about it and thought what kind of games blizzard don't have now. They seem to be filling every type now. They have str, mmo, hack&slash, cards, moba and now fps? Does blizz actually have a REAL rpg yet? Maybe I could hope for that next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Going to spin up Reaper as my go-to choice, see what shakes loose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Only saw screen shots. Looks like TF2 plus Firefall

I'm a shooter fan so I'll give it a go
    I thought it would be more on the Firefall side myself, but I guess that's too much into the MMO territory. I used to think that's what Titan would be, but there's no way they 'cancelled' development on an FPS MMO, but just magically had another FPS up their sleeves.

I'm not a huge fan of FPS in general, but I could get into a TF2 style game.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cosplaying as Reaper next Blizzcon.

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

Looks like fun. I wonder if it will be F2P....

Deleted
    IMO the gameplay looked amazing. I used to be a big shooter fan but then grew tired of the whole modern, stale, military shooters. This thing looks super fun and I am going to play the shit out of it.

There is no one more excited for Overwatch than me!

It's amazing that we will finally get a new Blizzard IP for once, and one that's no longer grimdark like WoW or SC. And it's a very unique style;WoW is the fantasy book SC the film, Diablo the novel, and now... OW the comic book. I'd rather get a beta invite for this over HotS now. Metzen, if your reading this now, I want you to know that I think your moving in the right direction.

I think it's great.

I'm glad that Blizzard have taken their humerous side and made a game out of it. Warcraft, Diablo, and Starcraft have all had serious, mature tones in their overall presentation, and I'm glad that we have an IP where it embodies the more lighthearted side of Blizzard.

Oh, and it's a new IP. I would love to see more story though. Hell, make a full animated movie as a tie in! I think the game will be great.

TF2 is amazing. But this goes a step further. In TF2, you have only so many classes running around, no one is really unique. As they release more and more heroes, this game will become something else.

i hope my knackered old rig can play this! signed up for beta regardless.
    somebody call for d doctor?