Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Alright well that sounds pretty simplified, and I assume with the extra haste and all it should generally negate and make up for the lack of the passive constant migitation of Holy shield by having a better SotR uptime in exchange?
    I'd recommend making a macro which is a one-click swap between seals, helped me a lot if (for some reason) I ever needed to twist and grab the other buff.

Yeah, that.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Seal of Righteousness
    /cast Seal of Insight
    I personally use this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [talent:7/1, stance:1] Seal of Insight; [talent:7/1, stance:2] Seal of Righteousness; [talent:7/2]Seraphim
    If I run emp seals it will swap to the seal I'm currently not wearing, or it becomes seraphim if I am using that talent.

Aye I already got that macro down for regular swapping regardless of the talent. Gotta get dem cleaves on trash :P

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    If I run emp seals it will swap to the seal I'm currently not wearing, or it becomes seraphim if I am using that talent.
    The issue, is that this prevents you from seal switching while using sera :X

Can no longer use Hand of Freedom while stunned.

Paladin worst tanking class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Can no longer use Hand of Freedom while stunned.

Paladin worst tanking class confirmed.
    What did the glyph even work on ? (In PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    What did the glyph even work on ? (In PvE)
    Oh I didn't use the glyph or anything. Just figured that when any paladin changes are announced we may as well reiterate what a bad place we are at :P

Deleted
    Tyrant Velhari, and it's aura with the max HP reduction could be rather problematic for paladins. >_< Lets just hope it won't hit like a truck on Mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    Tyrant Velhari, and it's aura with the max HP reduction could be rather problematic for paladins. >_< Lets just hope it won't hit like a truck on Mythic.
    It's not like any of us intend to bring our paladins to Mythic bosses until they're already on farm for the characters we're maining anyway \ /

I mean, this thread is at a very real danger of devolving from a Protection Paladin thread to a "thread for people who used to main the spec but don't anymore because wet tissue paper is a better tank." It really is.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    It's not like any of us intend to bring our paladins to Mythic bosses until they're already on farm for the characters we're maining anyway \ /

I mean, this thread is at a very real danger of devolving from a Protection Paladin thread to a "thread for people who used to main the spec but don't anymore because wet tissue paper is a better tank." It really is.
    Has a similar discussion been open on offical Blizz forums? I couldn't find it, anyway. Would be worth to move it there just for the hope that Blizz sees what paladins who do actual progression are experiencing/thinking.

Deleted

Oh, I know that.
    We have a masochistic comp of 2xpaladin tanks right now, but I will switch to my Guardian, and my co-tank might switch to his DK.

It is just that there are a lot of bosses in HFC, which I do not want to tank with my paladin. Ranging from stupid "run away from raid" debuffs, to "I would die here alot" moments. So yeah...

Can you guys get away from my kawaiii guardians ? fotm rerolling scum.

Sets are up on ptr if anyone cares.

And hurray rogues are actually good. Looks like guardian/rogue it is.

Deleted
    Bit offtopic, but the Guardian sets are tits; 4set confirmed and general itemization is great.

How is it looking for paladins? 4set or not?

Having had a chance to tool around with the tier and trinket on the PTR, I'm actually pleasantly surprised.

The 2-piece tier bonus does scale with resolve in its current iteration, meaning that with a 550k health pool, each Avenger's Shield will grant a 20k absorb at resolve-cap. Furthermore, it stacks with itself, allowing you to create not-insignificant absorbs if the 4-piece procs. The drawback is the lack of holy power, as the 4-piece does not proc Grand Crusader (obviously).

The trinket hits for ~80k raid-buffed (no procs/pots/etc) at 695ilvl. The heal scales with resolve, meaning we get a free LOH-like effect every 12s, which isn't nothing. The damage component is not a meteor effect and hit each target dummy for the listed value in a small aoe radius, meaning that it alone adds around 6k dps/target assuming we're taking real damage.

Overall the tier and the trinket are probably underestimated.

I was planning on switching to my warrior for HFC but I guess the joke's on me, isn't it? The Pala bonuses, while considered lackluster, are simply not as bad as the shit they replaced the God-Mode warrior tier with. I can't catch a fucking break.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    The 2-piece tier bonus does scale with resolve in its current iteration, meaning that with a 550k health pool, each Avenger's Shield will grant a 20k absorb at resolve-cap. Furthermore, it stacks with itself, allowing you to create not-insignificant absorbs if the 4-piece procs. The drawback is the lack of holy power, as the 4-piece does not proc Grand Crusader (obviously).
    That looks good actually, still wouldn't take the 4p, but the 2p might be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    The trinket hits for ~80k raid-buffed (no procs/pots/etc) at 695ilvl. The heal scales with resolve, meaning we get a free LOH-like effect every 12s, which isn't nothing. The damage component is not a meteor effect and hit each target dummy for the listed value in a small aoe radius, meaning that it alone adds around 6k dps/target assuming we're taking real damage.
    TBH, this looks outright broken, and will be nerfed. Though again, it is a rather strange trinket, and I don't know if they can properly balance it.

The problem with this trinket is that you can still get gibbed from say 30% - 0 and not proc the trinket. Now say unglyphed Ardent Defender may be interesting to use around that sad fact, but still a nice trinket but might help or might get bypassed cause healed or gibbed.

Deleted
    It's ok guys. While they broke the PTR clients etc I managed to tell a GM they need to buff Protection Paladins for them to be viable. They might pass it on to someone who deals with class balance. You never know.

The community's also going to take a pretty big hit, I feel, with Theck's retirement.