10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    So clever.
    Whilst I'm fine with lower numbers, it just doesn't feel as fun. Some of it is just silly little things but others are larger.

Without the Seraphim rotation, you feel like you're coasting through. In order to make yourself distinctive and show "I AM SKILLED AND AN AMAZING PLAYER" you're stuck doing what we did in MOP and sitting down to gain vengeance, except we're trying to do the opposite (take less damage), but my point is that you're trying to break the fight to do it rather than maximize your class, if that makes sense.

Some of it also feels lazy and unpolished, like our AoE seal being higher single target dps than our single target dps seal, and our healing seal being weaker than just getting WeakAuras and not sucking dick on keep Sacred Shield up. It also factors to be maybe a rolling HOT from a druid for the duration of the fight, in terms of how much healing it is. Negligible.

It seems stupid that the skill cap of your class will be set by abusing the fight rather than abusing your own spellbook. That's what happened before and they moved us to what we are in WoD to avoid that - and now they're throwing us back into it again.

I swapped yesterday from Holy Prism to Lights Hammer, and Sanctified Wrath to Holy Avenger. That didn't feel as fun but I thought you know what, I'm doing more dps on the dummy and it sims better so it's fine, it's not that bad. Today I was farming wolves for the barn with an AoE seal and thinking "this is just stupid"
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Already personally bombarding Celestalon on Twitter, guys - let's keep the ball rolling on this one so Seraphim nerf gets revoked and SoI gets buffed to actually, y'know, do stuff!

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...45453443395584 - INUNDATE HIM, BOYS.
    They use tweetdeck to filter spamming and ignore individuals forever.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

So clever.
    Sorry I would have actually detailed a response but the fact you just waltzed into the thread and contributed nothing I decided it wasn't worth my effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They use tweetdeck to filter spamming and ignore individuals forever.
    If they're ignoring constructive comments that address why the nerfs are misplaced rather than simply complaining, I believe that'd be the last bit of faith I have in them lost.

I'm not promoting we spam him with retarded shit, but the nerf is clearly ill thought-out and they need to be made aware of why it misses the mark. I'll be the first to admit that a nerf to our DPS roughly in line with flatlining SoT was warranted, as we were constantly 10-15% ahead of other tanks on single targets; the issue with the current nerfs isn't that they aren't warranted, it's that the way in which they're choosing to approach the nerf is bafflingly ill-considered.

A nerf to our mastery -> AP conversion ratio, a nerf to the damage done by SotR, etc, would all have been fine to bring us in line. The issue with nerfing Sera and SoT is that they're again pidgeonholing us into SoI and nerfing a talent which already scales incredibly poorly with gear - it's simply poor design choices that are upsetting rather than the nerf itself.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-01-16 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    And it isn't like prot is suddenly the worst tank in the game.
    As another poster stated, it's not the damage or the stats or anything, it's the playstyle.

Sitting in Holy Shield is not engaging. Empowered Seals feels like something ripped from 2004 in terms of its design. Neither are fun. I've loved Seraphim since almost as soon as I hit 100, and now it looks like it might be taken away because "QQ Paladins do DPS if they play well".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Sorry I would have actually detailed a response but the fact you just waltzed into the thread and contributed nothing I decided it wasn't worth my effort.
    It's fine, I did it for you and I imagine people will echo my sentiment, maybe for slightly different reasons.

Slow again.

3slow5me
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Everyone knew that we WILL get some nerfs.

BUT!
    Don't fu***** dare to touch Seraphim!
    And please make some sense! The SoT change is just outright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    If they're ignoring constructive comments that address why the nerfs are misplaced rather than simply complaining, I believe that'd be the last bit of faith I have in them lost.

I'm not promoting we spam him with retarded shit, but the nerf is clearly ill thought-out and they need to be made aware of why it misses the mark. I'll be the first to admit that a nerf to our DPS roughly in line with flatlining SoT was warranted, as we were constantly 10-15% ahead of other tanks on single targets; the issue with the current nerfs isn't that they aren't warranted, it's that the way in which they're choosing to approach the nerf is bafflingly ill-considered.

A nerf to our mastery -> AP conversion ratio, a nerf to the damage done by SotR, etc, would all have been fine to bring us in line. The issue with nerfing Sera and SoT is that they're again pidgeonholing us into SoI and nerfing a talent which already scales incredibly poorly with gear - it's simply poor design choices that are upsetting rather than the nerf itself.
    Im in the same boat, If this nerf with seraphim goes through, not only will the class feel less fun goes oh hey... passives are tottaallly a fun play style -sarcasm- but in terms of dps performance we'll be hitting amonst the bottom ground with dks. Oh yay! Here comes warriors again. -Sigh-

If I didn't just make a guild and go 7/7 heroic in two weeks and have faith in them, I'd probably quit the game right now. I don't wanna have to reroll, That shits tedious.

hotfix for seraphim appears to be live on NA. Getting 750 stats from using seraphim now. Other people might want to check just to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    hotfix for seraphim appears to be live on NA. Getting 750 stats from using seraphim now.
    I tried it about an hour ago, I was getting a 1000 still... Gunna go test it again.

Edited: Yup, Literally and hour later after my initial testing, its live. Oh yaaay blizzard! your such amazing at class design!
    Last edited by Burnick; 2015-01-16 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to log onto EU once I finish this past paper, will check there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    I tried it about an hour ago, I was getting a 1000 still... Gunna go test it again
    It happened within the last 10 minutes. Went to go remake some weakauras starting about 15 minutes ago and was getting 1k stats. Now after a reload I'm getting 750.

Deleted
    It's definitely live on EU too. Prot is kill, boys.

I was honestly hoping they would revert it and choose to Nerf something else instead. Why they would create a fun and engaging talent and open us up to freedom of choice regarding seals only to end up pushing us into what they want us to be doing a couple months later is beyond me. Some really dumb shit.

Can we stop using this thread and make new threads for specific discussions?

It's really annoying having to comb through all these pages of posts for information, it's not what forums should be like.

Deleted
    Still 1000 on my realm on EU. Obviously incoming though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blythe90 View Post

It's really annoying having to comb through all these pages of posts for information, it's not what forums should be like.
    Do you want a forum that's so cluttered it's impossible to read?

Because that's how you get a forum that's so cluttered it's impossible to read.

A moment of silence for Seraphim and SoT, as well as the fifteen minutes this guy just wasted.

It's a prot discussion thread, man. We're discussing things about prot. Specifically the current changes. It would be incredibly foolish to create a new thread for every little topic.

Deleted
    Seraphim is nerfed on EU as well, however SoR is untouched - personally I'll default to SoI because it's not as bad as people seem to make out on this thread, but it's still a little lackluster.

The one thing I care about is that the Seraphim change is a survivability nerf and Paladins are not ahead of the other tanks, I would even say that they are one of the weaker tanks defensively because of some of the mechanics behind the other tanks.

Deleted

The last few pages are obviously going to be the latest info being discussed. If you want general info, the guide has that.