Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Estimated time: 1058 min, lol, not funny anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    WELL WELL WELL... I just spend 4 HOURS in a queue only to login and see the server will restart in 1 minute..

Aaand im back to being in the queue.

Deleted
    Wait, seriously ? A new restart ? EU / US ?

it's almost like all 12 million from wow's peak have returned for this one xD

Quote Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
    You don't need to petition. They have generally heaped generous amounts of game time on players after this sort of disruption happened in the past. Also, internet petitions are pretty useless.
    That's not true at all, they rarely give out compensation for downtime.

It happened during the original launch as the game was basically unplayable for many for an entire week. 4 days of gametime was given in 2008, a day in 2009.

2 days were given in 2007 for players on certain realms, 1 day for certain realms in 2006 also.

So in 10 years, there been about 6 days for any subscriber, and around 10 days if you happened to be on certain realms or battlegroups.

This is from memory anyway, so I might be missing a few days, either way they haven't "heaped out generous amounts of time", rather they generally only compensate when the game is down for atleast 24 hours.

Regardless, I'm not surprised by the downtime, it happens every launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    No major problems on Argent Dawn (US) since the initial DDoS attack.

Blizzard -- keep up the great work. /no troll

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish news was more consistent with our EU brothers and sisters. It's hard to check all of the different threads people are creating and posting in, but reports vary widely: "I'm 2500 in queue!" "Yay! No lag!" "Garrisons are broken again!" "Everything is great!" Imma gettin' the whiplash.

Bashiok is being quite the champ though (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15270807748 -- more updates there than have made the front page yet -- probably due to everyone sleeping). I don't think dude has had any sleep. Hope he doesn't get sick again.
    Last edited by Dawnseven; 2014-11-15 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo

Beta on live for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    This is far worse than anything I've experienced in the past, and i've been playing/subbed since the start of BC - and I can't recall these kinds of lockouts/queues to get on ever...

I've been waiting for almost 6 hours to log in on my Oceanic realm.

Utterly unacceptable.
    That's because a lot of these types of problems happened in vanilla (they'd largely fixed queues by bc because they upgraded the servers), and during launch for bc. That was basically the last time they had a launch this problematic. And, yeah, they did give us free time once the issue was resolved. Hard to know how much to give if you don't know how long the issues last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue went down from 4k to 1k... well it's something lol

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Seriously? They're going to phase everything in an attempt to fix this?

They're killing the "Massive" part of MMO just because their servers can't handle it? You're not actually going to see the people in a zone now unless you happen to be in a same phase?

This better be temporary.
    Sounds perfect to me.

MMO-Champion is tellingly neglecting to put anything on the front page that would inform people of the fact that even in light of these 'fixes', things are just as bad as they were before.

Kind regards,

One of the 15 other players currently stuck mid-air; having tried to fly to our garrisons after waiting several hours, just to get logged on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been able to play my mains due to the asinine queue time in over two days. Right now just feels like Blizzard stole my money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Really.. ANOTHER Maintance? geezes.. you are a failure. Atleast you are "upgrading hardware" this time, but come on. I feel stupid for even paying for the game each month lol xD 2 maintances within 2days gg. You are not prepared!
    you don't need to feel stupid for anyone dude.
    your own stupidity seems to be quite enough

Claims maintenance will greatly increase number of people allowed on a server.

Still logging in to see a queue.

Sigh. at this point I've zero faith in Blizzard's ability to maintain the game during an expansion release. I initially thought this was one of the smoothest launches, but I'm ready to jump on the "worse expansion launch ever" band wagon now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proudmoore went from a 5k queue yesterday to a 3k one. Still not a major difference.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I'm just as frustrated as everyone about the login queues. But, to be frank, it's a good problem that we had this many people come back for warlords. It'll get ironed out eventually.

Another day, another maintenance, another 125 minute queue. I have been able to play 4 hours in 4 days now. I think at this point even the hardest of the hardcore fan boi apologists should start to feel bad for anyone that is getting screwed by the blue bar boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I'm just as frustrated as everyone about the login queues. But, to be frank, it's a good problem that we had this many people come back for warlords. It'll get ironed out eventually.
    Of course it will get ironed out eventually... Eventually people will say forget it and just stop trying to log in. Then, after enough people bail on the game, they will not need to worry about fixing anything cause the servers will return to how they were before and be fine.

Deleted
    so much for the hardware fix that 'drastically increased server capacity'