Question about Newegg Premier/return

So I purchased a monitor from newegg for $89 and I'm beyond unhappy with it.

I contacted newegg and they told me that I would have to pay a total of $36 if I would like to return the monitor. $21 for Ups shipping/$15 restocking fee.

Newegg offers a service called Premier (not free / 30 day trial) and with that service I wouldn't have to pay for return shipping and I wouldn't have to pay the $15 restocking fee.
    Free shipping on returns for qualifying items using labels available on our website.
    With Premier, all restocking fees will be waived.
    My question is: Could I sign up for premier and return the monitor for free even though I wasn't a Premier member when purchasing the monitor? (The answer is yes according to the newegg customer representative but I would like to have some sort of confirmation from customers/mmo champion members)
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-11-25 at 05:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    So I purchased a monitor from newegg for $89 and I'm beyond unhappy with it.

I contacted newegg and they told me that I would have to pay a total of $36 if I would like to return the monitor. $21 for Ups shipping/$15 restocking fee.

Newegg offers a service called Premier (not free / 30 day trial) and with that service I wouldn't have to pay for return shipping and I wouldn't have to pay the $15 restocking fee.

My question is: Could I sign up for premier and return the monitor for free even though I wasn't a Premier member when purchasing the monitor? (The answer is yes according to the newegg customer representative but I would like to have some sort of confirmation from customers/mmo champion members)

I can't say for 100%, but it's doubtful. Most services like this only apply to purchases made after subscribing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I can't say for 100%, but it's doubtful. Most services like this only apply to purchases made after subscribing.
    Yeah that's what I thought but the newegg customer representive wrote the following:
    could i return an item for free with newegg premier even though i purchased the item before activating newegg premier?

Anne C.: * Upon checking, you could sign up for Newegg Premier Membership for free shipping. Also, you could return an item for free shipping as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought but the newegg customer representive wrote the following:
    At this point you can only try. It's a free trail so the worst that could happen is you end up having to pay those fees.

I'm just curious what you were expecting from a $90 monitor....
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Don't you guys have distance selling rules?

(ANYTHING can be returned, unopened/"unopened", within 10 days for a full refund, no questions asked or allowed. It's intended as the online equivalent of looking at something in hand in a shop and putting it back on the shelf).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Don't you guys have distance selling rules?

(ANYTHING can be returned, unopened/"unopened", within 10 days for a full refund, no questions asked or allowed. It's intended as the online equivalent of looking at something in hand in a shop and putting it back on the shelf).
    Clear thing being that he has opened and used said product.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Clear thing being that he has opened and used said product.
    I'm still in the 30 day return window. I purchased the monitor 1 week ago. Nonetheless I still have to pay $36. (newegg free returns only cover broken/wrong items)

I'm just curious what you were expecting from a $90 monitor....
    For that price I expected small,medium quality monitor not a small,medium quality monitor with the worst/most uncomfortable viewing angle in the history of monitors.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-11-25 at 06:39 PM.