Lightbulb Shall we Just Call "Pet Battles" as "WoWmon" for the Sake of Communication?

"Pet battles" is three syllables, and is awkward when your trying to talk to your friends and guildies about it in a fast conversation. "WoWmon" is much, much easier to communicate and is only two.

I wouldn't because it's an insult to Pokemon. I like pet battles...but god it gets annoying with the whole "You HAVE to counter this!" overall.

Also it sounds even awkwarder to say out loud. (Huh, awkwarder is a word according to spell check...that's awkward)

Deleted
    How about no? Personally I love my friends enough to give them the extra syllables.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I wouldn't because it's an insult to Pokemon. I like pet battles...but god it gets annoying with the whole "You HAVE to counter this!" overall.
    Insult? God man, I love Pokemon! I think "WoWmon" is proper homage due.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always called it PokeWoW... :/

Sure, and while we're at it, we'll switch World of Warcraft to World of tolkiencraft and League of Legends, League of Ancient Defenders.

Really? Don't be ridiculous.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Insult? God man, I love Pokemon! I think "WoWmon" is proper homage due.
    Insult to Pokemon, not to Pet Battles.
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Insult to Pokemon, not to Pet Battles.
    Yeah, simply even from the fact that Pokemon has a lot more behind the scenes nonsense than Pet Battles will even come close to touching. I love both, don't get me wrong.

I don't see the need.

When refering to the creatures, you say Pets. Much faster and simpler.

When refering to an actual fight, you say pet battle. It would be kind of awkward and nonsensical to refer to pet battles as WoWmon or WoWemon because you'd still have to specify you're talking about a battle and not the creatures themselves. Hell evnn in Pokemon you say Pokemon Battle.

Pet is faster ans simpler than Pokemon or Wowmon could ever hope to be. This seems pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, simply even from the fact that Pokemon has a lot more behind the scenes nonsense than Pet Battles will even come close to touching. I love both, don't get me wrong.
    Yeah that is kinda WOW's MO. Take something people like, duplicate it on a simpler, more basic level. Kind of frustrates me actually pets can only use 3 abilities at a time and stuff like that, but it's better in other ways because at least they don't have to rest or whatever to get their PP back or have limited numbers of times they can use it.

I enjoy pet battles enough to not mind doing them now and then for rewards, and occasionally it's fun, but it's not the kind of thing I could do routinely as a source of actual entertainment, typically I do them as a means to an end.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Pets vs Pets -> PvP. Problem solved.
    Oh and rename other PvP to BvB because bots overrun that.