Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Also does anyone actually have a link to new sims? People have referenced them but so far all I see is conjecture.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Markurius View Post
    Now if they would only adjust Survival's toolkit to make the spec fun to play in pve I would be truly excited.

For all u guys wanting to play surv, I also do, but realistically it's simply not a more fun and engaging spec than mm, rather, it's even more dull.
    No spec is engaging with how much they were gutted with this expansion.

For me Surv has a far better flow and feels less clunky.

Prefer the reactive nature and the fact theres generally not alot of standing around hard casting, BM and Surv just FEEL better to me.

I hate the loss of killshot however (and don't understand it) still find myself trying to cast it.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2014-12-16 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Oh my god... This blue post killed me:

I mean, come on! Maybe, just maybe, the fact that you only see around 2% BM hunters in raids is a slight indicator that something is a little bit off. Just a notch. Double facepalm is simply nowhere near to what I felt when I saw this post.
    Good that BM and SV are getting a 5% buffs in ST (SV got an AoE buff as well with these changes). Are they going to be used more now? Definitely. Will they be equal performance wise to MM? Not a chance.
    Exactly. If there's barely anyone using BM to raid, then that should be ringing all sorts of bells to say something is screwed up. How can they be so damned blind?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Won't put neither BM nor SV in line with MM, so I don't care. Better luck next round of hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    No spec is engaging with how much they were gutted with this expansion.

For me Surv has a far better flow and feels less clunky.

Prefer the reactive nature and the fact theres generally not alot of standing around hard casting, BM and Surv just FEEL better to me.

I hate the loss of killshot however (and don't understand it) still find myself trying to cast it.

Of course they feel better.....you can move freely without losing DPS. MM SHOULD be higher for this reason. Dont get me wrong i dislike MM also, but if SV and BM were too close no one would ever play MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Of course they feel better.....you can move freely without losing DPS. MM SHOULD be higher for this reason. Dont get me wrong i dislike MM also, but if SV and BM were too close no one would ever play MM.
    Plenty of people actually like MM...
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

There's no reason for them to bother rebalancing hunter specs. The 2% representation comment is more an indicator that specs could be within 1% of each other and 98% of hunters would roll whichever was top anyway. I doubt even 50% of raiding hunters are doing content where the difference matters at all. I happen to prefer MM, even as clunky as it is, although I confess I went BM when MM was bottom of the pack and survival was on top. Wouldn't switch to survival now even if they reverse in dps again.

Also, the most hilarious thing was all the complaints about 'the pvp spec' being top dps when Marks came out on top this time. Really? 'The pvp spec'? Not the one with the traps and DoTs and instant shots and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Plenty of people actually like MM...
    I can only speak for myself i guess, but as someone who has played this class since about 2005 i really dislike MM's mastery and when sv or bm gets withing 1k DPS of MM i am instantly switching lol.

Sure some people may like MM, just like some people like justin bieber music.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrail View Post

Also, the most hilarious thing was all the complaints about 'the pvp spec' being top dps when Marks came out on top this time. Really? 'The pvp spec'? Not the one with the traps and DoTs and instant shots and whatnot?
    Nope, not the one with shit damage that is outhealed by hybrids and useless in 2s if you run a hunter/healer comp as you will never take anything down without burst.

I can only speak for myself i guess, but as someone who has played this class since about 2005 i really dislike MM's mastery and when sv or bm gets withing 1k DPS of MM i am instantly switching lol.

You start good but then you make this dumb comparison /sigh
    MM has the following going for it:

- Hard-Hitting single-target SHOTS as the core of the rotation
    - Highest Personal/Pet damage ratio when using a pet (nonissue with LW nowadays though)
    - Positional commitments
    - Pronounced opening/cooldown/execute phases
    - High relevance of correct medium and high-health adds gameplay because of sad phases

Blizzard went for the Sniper feel with MM, as opposed to the Ranger feel for SV and BeastMaster feel for, well, BM and there are definitely people who dig this.

Deleted
    Well...

I know we need buffs on the other specs... But honestly after seeing the answer the blue gave... I got a bit skeptical about Blizzard plans for hunters.

So they want what with this? Casuals playing BM...? They know Raiders will still play the best spec.

Deleted
    How many times must I comment this: You aren't forced to play MM. If your Raid leader forces you to do it, ask them to pay your Sub fee, otherwise they can't control you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilain View Post
    How many times must I comment this: You aren't forced to play MM. If your Raid leader forces you to do it, ask them to pay your Sub fee, otherwise they can't control you.
    They just won't bring you to raid, because you are gimping yourself, and therefore the raid, but not playing the optimal spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    They just won't bring you to raid, because you are gimping yourself, and therefore the raid, but not playing the optimal spec.
    This. Personally to me I play what is the best simply to do as much DMG possible.. It's my job after all :P

I'm just curious about what are we gonna play in Blackrock Foundry and after 6.1 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    You start good but then you make this dumb comparison /sigh
    MM has the following going for it:

- Hard-Hitting single-target SHOTS as the core of the rotation
    - Highest Personal/Pet damage ratio when using a pet (nonissue with LW nowadays though)
    - Positional commitments
    - Pronounced opening/cooldown/execute phases
    - High relevance of correct medium and high-health adds gameplay because of sad phases

Blizzard went for the Sniper feel with MM, as opposed to the Ranger feel for SV and BeastMaster feel for, well, BM and there are definitely people who dig this.
    What are you babbling about? MM is not fun cause you are mentally rooted in place, simple as that. They will not buff bm/sv to mm levels because if they did no one would play mm. Sure there are special snowflakes who like to stand still all the time but for the most part people do not enjoy mm's mastery. (in before all the snowflakes post)

What are you babbling about? MM is not fun cause you are mentally rooted in place, simple as that.
    *In your opinion.

Also gonna need some wide-spanning poll/statistics on people's opinion of MM's mastery, genius.

You constantly "inb4" any retort to your shitty, fallacious arguments (ex: "MM is not fun, simple as that", "for the most part, people do not enjoy MM's mastery", right after saying that "you can only speak for yourself", way to stick to your guns) without actually addressing those counter-arguments, because whenever you are proven wrong, you just seem to say "it's your opinion". When the heat is gone, you continue to claim bs.

You are so interested in winning this conversation that you will twist your argument as you move through it to dodge any incoming bullets.

Please stop posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh. I cringed.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-12-16 at 09:18 PM.

What are you babbling about? MM is not fun cause you are mentally rooted in place, simple as that. They will not buff bm/sv to mm levels because if they did no one would play mm. Sure there are special snowflakes who like to stand still all the time but for the most part people do not enjoy mm's mastery. (in before all the snowflakes post)
    Fascinate uses Projected Subjectivity of Epic Proportions.
    It's not very effective.

I would literally bet my irl bank account the VAST majority of people would prefer MM's mastery to be changed. People will of course disagree with me on a forum cause hey thats what forums are for (people will argue about anything, even if they know they are wrong cause their lives are so empty they need to fill it with something....ANYTHING). But you hook these people up to a lie detector.....well the story would change. MM mastery is awful, no one enjoys this playstyle.

(people will argue about anything, even if they know they are wrong cause their lives are so empty they need to fill it with something....ANYTHING). But you hook these people up to a lie detector.....well the story would change. MM mastery is awful, no one enjoys this playstyle.
    Calm down Dr. Phil lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM requires more anticipation and overall awareness if you want to play it competitively, a bad MM won't win vs a good SV. And yes, MM should be the top dps spec due to the sniper training. I quite like it's playstyle to be honest, just cheese that crit in where you can.

SV might be the favored spec on heavy movement fights and wouldn't mind that.