Cut content or next patch?

I don't know if this has been noticed or discussed already here, but I literally just made an account here so that I could share it, and I'd love to hear some other people's opinions on it. Basically I noticed this map tucked away in a corner of my garrison:

Most of it is fairly accurate to the Draenor map we see today, plus or minus a few small details (southern tip of Spires of Arak, Highmaul isn't an island,) but one major change really caught my attention: the very large landmass northeast of Gorgrond. There's nothing anything like it that we have in the current version, and it's as large as a full-sized zone.
    So I'm wondering if this map is A: a relic of an earlier build that had a whole zone that was ultimately cut from the final product, which would explain the other inconsistencies in it, and Blizzard made a mistake letting it slip through to the release, or B: this is a map of all of Draenor as it will EVENTUALLY be revealed by the end of the expansion, much like the geography of Pandaria changed from patch to patch. It'd be new to add an entire zone of that size midway through an expansion, but it could end up being something smaller, like the Timeless/Thunder Isles before it.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Splenda; 2014-12-16 at 01:56 PM. Reason: fixed img

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio323 View Post
    I don't know if this has been noticed or discussed already here, but I literally just made an account here so that I could share it, and I'd love to hear some other people's opinions on it. Basically I noticed this map tucked away in a corner of my garrison:

imgur. com/MYspVSt (remove the space)

Most of it is fairly accurate to the Draenor map we see today, plus or minus a few small details (southern tip of Spires of Arak, Highmaul isn't an island,) but one major change really caught my attention: the very large landmass northeast of Gorgrond. There's nothing anything like it that we have in the current version, and it's as large as a full-sized zone.
    So I'm wondering if this map is A: a relic of an earlier build that had a whole zone that was ultimately cut from the final product, which would explain the other inconsistencies in it, and Blizzard made a mistake letting it slip through to the release, or B: this is a map of all of Draenor as it will EVENTUALLY be revealed by the end of the expansion, much like the geography of Pandaria changed from patch to patch. It'd be new to add an entire zone of that size midway through an expansion, but it could end up being something smaller, like the Timeless/Thunder Isles before it.

Any thoughts?
    The island you're refering to is Fields of Farahlon. http://www.wowwiki.com/Fields_of_Farahlon

That's Farahlon. Since WoD's announcement it was said to be for 6.1, but recently it seems it might have been cut.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It was supposed to be a content patch for 6.1 or 6.2. Then they decided to do "faster" expansions, cut out Tanaan from the base expansion (depending on who you ask), and gave us very little in the way of level 100 content at launch. It's doubtful we'll see Farahlon during this expansion.

Deleted
    i read that they will only be able to add farahlon if they double the subscription fees.

They never really started work on it. Up until they removed it from beta, it was basically just a big hunk of green with Farahlon scrawled over it. And yes, i mean literally.

Quote Originally Posted by onedirection View Post
    i read that they will only be able to add farahlon if they double the subscription fees.
    i read that they will only be able to add farahlon if they go free to play.

Fixed