Post Would you try this game form it's concept?

My friend (how's 14 years old) has been studying and working with Unity and has created the foundation of a game. It's an RPG and has some controls somewhat akin to the Sims games. The game allows you to pick hero positions as well as more simple one (farmers, fishers, etc). The game is based off player decision, currently he is working on two major versions in the game. One is a fantasy world with fantasy races (humans, gnomes, Halflings, dwarves, elves, etc), while the other is a jungle based zone with various animalistic races (fox-people, crows, monkeys, orangutans, etc). Would you try the game? What advice would you have for my friend, Michael?

(currently he's working on maps and where the races will go.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I'd need a bit more information on the game first, personally.

-Game Objectives
    -Turn Based/Real Time
    -What sort of RPG

Things like that. But that being said, 14 years old and making this kind of progress is pretty good. Give him a thumbs up for me and the wish him the best of luck.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Quote Originally Posted by Dairios View Post
    I'd need a bit more information on the game first, personally.

-Game Objectives
    -Turn Based/Real Time
    -What sort of RPG

Things like that. But that being said, 14 years old and making this kind of progress is pretty good. Give him a thumbs up for me and the wish him the best of luck.
    Thanks and I will, he's always been sort of a freak when it came to computers (in a good way), he's hacked into our school's computers at least once (maybe twice). Yeah, I'm sort of the "lore-maker" giving him ideas for races and zones, while he's doing the physical layout of the game.

Yup I'm afraid that's too little to really say yes or no, but a sims type game (?) is something I would probably take a look at at some point

You've given us too little information for me to definitively say ''Yeah, that sounds interesting; I'd try that'' (or vice versa). However, being an RPG, I'm at least mildly interested. I'd definitely recommend that he try and shy away from the more conventional classes and ideas that are used; when I was in the process of making an RPG a few years ago, I got much more interest from my ''Leprechaun'' and ''Mage-Breaker'' classes than the more traditional ''Rogue'' and such classes, etc.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I'd be far more interested in trying a more different game, even if it's flawed, then trying a traditional game amongst the sea of other traditional games. Find an interesting concept and go for it.

You're not giving specific enough info for a good decision, but I'm leaning toward no. Even if we disregard the things you said that have been done before, I'm confused why there would be two versions of the game. Unless you're Pokemon, I don't think games do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You're not giving specific enough info for a good decision, but I'm leaning toward no. Even if we disregard the things you said that have been done before, I'm confused why there would be two versions of the game. Unless you're Pokemon, I don't think games do that.
    Not two versions of the game, but the best way I could explain it is like could choose to play either as beastfolk in a jungle and feral setting or as a fantasy humanoid in a fantasy setting.