Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    3:30

That is both the definitive Led Zeppelin and Pages best guitar and solo work.
    Really, get those high-end headphones and tell that solo didnt didnt send your body in to avalanche mode of shivers.

Apart from Kuyss , Them Crooked Vultures is to date best Homme guitar work.

Picked this one because it fits so well within the tune. Gunman,New Fang,Warsaw all have superb solos - especially live.

2:05

4:20 for best Warsaw live solo. Its fun as hell to play aswell, its pretty much constant improv and has no boundaries - within the scale and key of course.

Last edited by mmoc7d782e4193; 2014-12-24 at 10:42 PM.

guitar solos aren't exactly my thing but I like listening to this

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqq3XrfD_4k
    Starts at 2:20. Not the most crazy or technical thing ever but I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Even though it's not a true 'solo' The star of the song is the lead guitar. Honestly I am shocked no one has mentioned Joe Satriani yet.

But then no one mentioned Carlos Santana yet either.

But then, Yngwie Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post

HNNNNNGH
    At least make an effort. That's like Van Halens worst solo. Random noodling without any sense of direction or melody. The very definition of tasteless guitar wankery.

Also, lol at the Freebird post. The solo is the worst part of that song.

Just need someone to post Sweet Child O'Mine and Nothing Else Matters here aswell now, and the circle of "most overrated guitarsolos of all time" is complete.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    At least make an effort. That's like Van Halens worst solo. Random noodling without any sense of direction or melody. The very definition of tasteless guitar wankery.
    Agreed, that solo is musical garbage and much more about mechanics than anything else(and to be fair it does not score major points there, either) but you could at least post something you think is good rather than just flaming everyone's opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Random noodling without any sense of direction or melody.
    I'll agree that its not his best work, but this comment is rather humorous.

My favorite for quite a while now... starts at 5:10: