Other way to gain garrison resources

Other way to gain garrison resources

Each level 2 or level 3 garrison has a Mine, (if you choose for it) a Lumbermill and (if you choose for it) a Barn.

I think it would be a lot better if the following changes were made to it:

Mine

Current situation:
    The Foreman takes your collected Draenic Stone and creates Blackrock ore.

New situation:
    The Foreman takes your collected Draenic Stone and create Garrison Bricks from it.

Lumbermill

Current situation:
    You bring collected Timber to the Foreman and he creates Garrison resources from it.

New situation:
    You bring collected Timber to the Foreman and he creates Garrison Planks from it.

Barn

Current situation:
    You bring collected Caged Beast to the Foreman and he creates Sumptuous Fur, Raw Beast Hide, Savage Feast or Savage Blood from it.

New situation:
    You bring collected Caged Beast to the Foreman and he creates Garrison Meat + one of Sumptuous Fur, Raw Beast Hide, Savage Feast or Savage Blood.

There will be a new NPC added to your garrison. The NPC will stand at the location where you gather the free garrison resources currently. The collected Garrison Bricks, Garrison Planks and Garrison Meat can be turned in to get Garrison Resources. 20 of each gives you 30 Garrison resources. The change of collect Apexis Crystals will still exist also. The free garrison resources will be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the need for this. There are plenty of ways to get GR as it is, and that's what the LM already does, so why change how that works?

10+ Year Old Account
    the Mine and the Barn ideas dont sound too bad. but the LM really? you want Garrison resources, and it gives you exactly that.. why change it to planks? that really makes no sense to me.

i see what you are trying to get at, and for those other two buildings it can make sense, given they didnt provide resources originally.. but the lumber mill is just getting an extra step and a middle man unnecessarily.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-12-23 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Awful idea if the barn and mill still take up medium plots. It would make the mine useless if you choose a different building in one of your medium plots. It would also make the barn and mill useless unless you build both.
    I wouldn't like it even if the barn and mill were guaranteed plots like the mine, herb garden and fish shack are. I'm too accustomed to my free mats to suddenly take them away.

And if only the mine was changed into this?

I think it would be a lot better. The mine got not so much use when you don't have a destination for the Blackrock Ore (I don't see AH as a destination in this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this is too convoluted.

If we need a way to speed up garrison resource acquisition (do we?), the simplest way would be something like a reverse of the trading post. Drop an NPC into garrisons where you can trade a bunch of raw materials or workorder items for GR. Accomplishes the same thing but is more intuitive and doesn't require creating new special items.

If it sounds OP, slap a cooldown or limit on the NPC where he'll only do X trades a day, on it or require an obscene amount of resources.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

If we need a way to speed up garrison resource acquisition (do we?), the simplest way would be something like a reverse of the trading post. Drop an NPC into garrisons where you can trade a bunch of raw materials or workorder items for GR. Accomplishes the same thing but is more intuitive and doesn't require creating new special items.

If it sounds OP, slap a cooldown or limit on the NPC where he'll only do X trades a day, on it or require an obscene amount of resources.
    Nope, sitting on 9k GR atm and I loathe the idea that I have to click "yes" dozens of times to get rid of it.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

First, everyone and their alts got thousands of GR, don't see the point.
    Then, your Lumbermill step is useless, more currency = bad.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing to add... this is how simple it is...

10+ Year Old Account

What do you mean by reverse? This is what the TP already does. Every day it picks a new mat (ore, herbs, fur) and you place them in works orders for GR.

Or you can trade in GR for more mats. It goes both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    What do you mean by reverse? This is what the TP already does. Every day it picks a new mat (ore, herbs, fur) and you place them in works orders for GR.

Or you can trade in GR for more mats. It goes both ways.
    Yes, the TP workorders also function to get you more GR but it's not quite the same as what the OP wants, especially since he is suggesting we should get rid of the free options that exist and presumably doesn't want it limited to a particular building. I think crafting planks and bricks and special meats to in turn trade in for more resources is excessively complicated when they could just make an NPC that isn't tied to the trading post that will trade shit from workorders for even more resources, without the extra step of making special items. Outlined above is overly convoluted.

Like I said, I think the current system is fine but if we want to discuss possible changes, I'm saying there are simpler ways to do it without adding new kinds of items and extra steps. That's why we have stone -> GR now rather than stone -> brick -> GR. But if we don't like the current workorder-based system (as it seems the OP doesn't), we can theoretically change it while still keeping it simple and intuitive.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. So trade things from work orders in for GR and not just the base mats? And not tied to the TP? Is that what you mean?

I haven't really had any problems with garrison resources. I mean, I struggled a bit with them for like the first week after I hit 100, but aside from that, I've been swimming in them.

Trading Post + treasure hunting did it for me. Also, it helped me to have two followers with Scavenger. I'm actually at the point now where I'm about to blow my trading post away for something else since I don't need it anymore (and I'm tired of seeing that yellow exclamation point on my minimap).

I don´t know where to dump my excess ressources since weeks. What do you need even more ressources for?

Deleted
    I've played all my alts to the point where you get daily garrison resource chest and they already have thousands of GR. When i actually start leveling them, i have no shortage of GR, i'm sure most alts will hit GR cap before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Oh. So trade things from work orders in for GR and not just the base mats? And not tied to the TP? Is that what you mean?
    Yes, assuming that is the compromise between the existing system and what the OP is suggesting. It's entirely possible I'm misunderstanding the OP, though!

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Iv pretty much got infinite GR. Send 3 scavengers on a GR mission, they come back with 900 GR. Trading post gives loads too. Or matts if you need them.

nope, first give a vendor who sells decent stuff for GR then maybe i'll not spend 5k on crap at the trading post.

The best resource generating building is neither lm nor tp. It's the tavern. Getting 1000+ resources per day with 5 scavengers is sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    The best resource generating building is neither lm nor tp. It's the tavern. Getting 1000+ resources per day with 5 scavengers is sweet.
    Couldn't be more right. Doing it that way with alts. Getting lvl 2 inn and recruiting a bunch of followers with scavenger trait. About 6 or 7. And then also get a bunch that has epic mount so they do the missions faster.... It's great seeing a few hundred resources coming in in less than an hour....