Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Sorry I'm not an ass that thinks I deserve everything. I'm ok with the fact that I won't be able to see everything I want. Can you say the same?
    Why should I say the same? I will say that I CAN watch everything I want. You can continue to miss out on stuff, for all I care.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, the PAYING majority. I can pay for a movie, I want to pay for a movie. But when the movie is released - I can't, so I have to wait until they release it on a disk in my region - but it takes so long - that by the time they do release it in my region - I've already torrented the US release and watched it.

If there's some fresh movie I'd like to watch I go to iTunes (for instance) and see if it's available - it's not all the time. But it is available on torrent. Go figure.

P.S. available in torrent == in better quality, with greater download speed and no fucking DRM. Also no ads and piracy warnings.

As for non-paying pirates - who cares if they pirate - they are not paying anyway.
    If it isnt available in your region, then you arent supposed to watch it. Just have some patience and wait your turn

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If it isnt available in your region, then you arent supposed to watch it. Just have some patience and wait your turn
    Lol, but why? Why isn't it available? I think thats an important question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. If it isn't available in my country - then it's fair game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Lol, but why? Why isn't it available? I think thats an important question.

Could be many reasons. why does the reason matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. If it isn't available in my country - then it's fair game.
    You say this like it would matter if it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say this like it would matter if it was.
    If what was?

Could be many reasons. why does the reason matter?
    Why wouldn't it matter? Why wouldn they exclude certain people? This is exactly what we were just talking about. These shows and movies aren;t that accessible.. then they get confused as to why they are pirated.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    None of this was with the CD I purchased back in 2007 or maybe 2008. It didn't state that anywhere. Not in/on the package, not when you inserted the disc.
    http://i.imgur.com/WsgX5Me.jpg

On the back cover. Also on the last page of the manual.

https://archive.org/stream/Halo_2_Mu...e/n15/mode/2up

You can sidestep all you want, but it's copyrighted content and copying it to your friend's consoles is piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post

You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Hmm, you really think North Korea had anything to do with this? Sony knew the movie sucked and they took advantage of an opportunity (the hack).

I heard it was a shitty movie. Overhyped, like most Rogan/Franco movies.

Not that I hate them or anything, but their movies aren't worth international news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Let me tell you a few things about pirating movies and games. I'm poor. I can't afford to go to the cinema. I can't afford to buy full priced games. I can't afford fucking Netflix. Shit, i sometimes can't buy food for the last few days of the month. I've spent 30 Euro on this years Winter Steam Sale, and i've been saving for that for roughly 6 months. But guess what, poor people want to have fun, too. And i know A LOT of people that are in the same boat as i am. So they pirate stuff. Do people like me feel bad about it? Yeah, sometimes. Do we feel even worse sitting at home while everyone else gets to watch Guardians of the Galaxy? Hell yes we do.
    Sure, a lot of people who pirate stuff are just greedy and don't buy stuff like that out of principle. But there are a lot of people who just can't afford stuff like that
    And if you cant afford it, then you dont watch it. You dont have some God given right to watch something just because you cant afford it. If you couldnt afford to eat, would it be OK to just steal some bread?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    And if you cant afford it, then you dont watch it. You dont have some God given right to watch something just because you cant afford it. If you couldnt afford to eat, would it be OK to just steal some bread?
    Yes. Two entirely different things. The first chunk is entirely correct, but if you couldn't afford to eat, it would be OK to steal some bread, rather than simply keeling over.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sole reason for Photoshop piracy is the COST OF PHOTOSHOP for HOME USERS. 700$ was too much. They had ABYSMAL business model that excluded home users. And home users pirated it.
    They sold Photoshop Elements for home users and it is $99 and has 90% of the features of Photoshop. Who in the hell needs full blown Photoshop for home use

Had no intention of seeing it in theaters before the stunt, no intention to see it in theaters after. If it shows up on Netflix or Hulu I might watch it on a whim, but I never thought the movie was that interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    If what was?

Available in your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sole reason for Photoshop piracy is the COST OF PHOTOSHOP for HOME USERS. 700$ was too much. They had ABYSMAL business model that excluded home users. And home users pirated it.
    It's almost as if Photoshop was designed and intended to be a professional application for use in the high end image creation and alteration industry and not for removing red-eye from your home photos...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes
    1. You eat
    2. If you are caught - you are sent to jail where they feed you.

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't it matter? Why wouldn they exclude certain people? This is exactly what we were just talking about. These shows and movies aren;t that accessible.. then they get confused as to why they are pirated.
    Cultural difference. One culture my find something extremely offensive what others find funny.

Import issue. For whatever reason the government and studio couldn't reach an agreement. Or the cost of distributing it in that coutry would cost more than they would make.

There could be more. This are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say this how old are you talking about?
    Old enough that they are out of theaters and most of them have already had several months of DVD/BD sales. Enough time to make back the money they spent to make the movie plus a little bit.