10+ Year Old Account

Raiding Simulators

Just a thought. Would it be possible for Blizzard to add such a thing?

Where you can do simulations of the boss fight alone or in a party with a few guild members to practice fights

The simulator would auto fill the rest of the roster with AI npc's to give it a better feel.

No loot drops or anything.

(Just thought of this while waiting an hour for raid time)
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    Nope, it would ruin the learning curve and people would have shorter playing time and be less invested in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
    Nope, it would ruin the learning curve and people would have shorter playing time and be less invested in the game.
    True I see the point in that. Just figured would help people with boss fights they might be struggling with. We are currently doing Mythic Twins and there are a lot of mechanics.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is actually no need for an extra simulator imho. Proving Grounds just need either a secondary option for "hard mode" which brings in more stuff to deal (more of the raid look and feel) with or Proving Grounds needs to be made higher and have more mechanics to start with.

yeah. its called LFR.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

LFR serves this purpose greatly for practicing a boss fight. I go in there all the time to test out my Vuhdu and Big Wigs mods, and to just practice certain encounters I suck at or are complicated.

If you're a healer, you are just have to imagine that people are taking damage.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Deleted
    If the AI is as retarded as proving grounds you can keep your simulator.
    Annoying smug mage that stands in everything and runs into meelee all the time; grmbl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    If the AI is as retarded as proving grounds you can keep your simulator.
    Annoying smug mage that stands in everything and runs into meelee all the time; grmbl.
    Is he going to interrupt?...
    Is he going to interrupttttttt...
    Come on just use your damned interrupt!!...
    FINE ILL USE MIN... *Derpmage uses Counterspell*
    FFFUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    For what you're suggesting, its basically LFR.

I continue to hope that at some point there will be a more useful "proving grounds"-type scenario to help new players learn their role (dps/heal/tank) within an organized group. An AI walk-through that goes through CC, interrupts, moving out of fire, and other things that you need to know even for 5-man dungeons. I thought there was a chance we might see something more along those lines after they said that silver PG would be required to queue for random heroics, but that wasn't the case at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post

I continue to hope that at some point there will be a more useful "proving grounds"-type scenario to help new players learn their role (dps/heal/tank) within an organized group. An AI walk-through that goes through CC, interrupts, moving out of fire, and other things that you need to know even for 5-man dungeons. I thought there was a chance we might see something more along those lines after they said that silver PG would be required to queue for random heroics, but that wasn't the case at all.
    Yeah. I mean it would be neat if you could go into Proving Grounds and select a boss fight and the difficulty and you can just work with that bosses mechanics. However, LFR lacks most the mechanics you would want to practice if you're doing Mythic bosses.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    LFR serves this purpose greatly for practicing a boss fight. I go in there all the time to test out my Vuhdu and Big Wigs mods, and to just practice certain encounters I suck at or are complicated.

If you're a healer, you are just have to imagine that people are taking damage.
    this years comments start out epic.

wish this simulator mode had an option called fire is friends mode, cause as a healer this is sadly what i see to often.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    this years comments start out epic.

wish this simulator mode had an option called fire is friends mode, cause as a healer this is sadly what i see to often.
    Yeah I just had to yell at some downs during LFR Margok wipe due to 60% of the raid tunneling the boss and ignoring adds.
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post

Well there used to be something like that, only not with AI.
    The dungeon experience of old. We used to require CC back aal the way in RFC and now people frown upon the very term.