Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is my guildie doing wrong?

Our affliction warlock gets destroyed in cleave fights (Twins, Brakenspore). He says Soul Swapping is a DPS Loss and doesn't multi DoT.
    Here are some logs of his recent fights: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-3&source=34
    His armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nyzer/advanced

So what's he doing wrong?

Thanks for the help guys, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by sysity View Post
    Our affliction warlock gets destroyed in cleave fights (Twins, Brakenspore). He says Soul Swapping is a DPS Loss and doesn't multi DoT.
    Here are some logs of his recent fights: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-3&source=34

well there is ur problem ...

first he is warlock, blizzard decided it will be good idea to destroy the class and so far they doing pretty good job at it.

2nd he is affliction, argueably the must gutted spec the class have.

tell him to go destruction or reroll. those are really the only options atm for warlocks.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by sysity View Post

He should definitely still be applying dots to the big add manually and most certainly should be running Soul Burn: Haunt on this fight (actually EVERY fight he plays affi on)

He should use his drain soul to gain a shard from every add that dies.

Soul Swap is not our only source of multi-dotting, we still have the manual spells.

Besides playing affliction and being a warlock, probably a lot. I'll update this post after I look a bit more on logs but still.
    This is currently how warlocks are doing in Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#
    Guess we have to wait for Foundry.

Bottom line: I iz affliction, how do I multi-dot?
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-01-08 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Taking your first wipe on H Twins (he died 2mn in on the kill)

He only has dots running on one of the twins for the whole fight, wtf.

DoT uptimes on Pol:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...get&target=167

DoT uptimes on Phemos:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...get&target=168

While souls swap is indeed a dps loss, he MUST maintain 100% dot uptime on both targets manually. Also Soulburn: Haunt is generally prefered over DServ on twins (and more generally multitarget fights). I mean, there's not much else to say. Twins is one of the best affliction fights in the game atm.
    Last edited by mmoca4fdc6f268; 2015-01-08 at 04:39 PM.

The problem isn't the class, the problem is your guildie either doesn't understand the mechanics of his class or is too lazy to do the things they need to do to be competant or both. They either need to study some competant guides and practice in lfr/heroic dungeons the correct rotation or find a class that allows for sloppy incompetant play.

or roll a monk, because effort=more dps ... unless you are warlock.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Besides playing affliction and being a warlock, probably a lot. I'll update this post after I look a bit more on logs but still.
    This is currently how warlocks are doing in Mythic: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#
    Guess we have to wait for Foundry.
    This statistic looks vastly different once you leave out the top5 specs, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    This statistic looks vastly different once you leave out the top5 specs, though.
    This statistic looks vastly different once you look at heroic raiding instead of mythical

- - - Updated - - -

To answer OP question, he plays affli wrong, as multi-dot spec he refuses to multi-dot, that's basically the answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    well there is ur problem ...

first he is warlock, blizzard decided it will be good idea to destroy the class and so far they doing pretty good job at it.

2nd he is affliction, argueably the must gutted spec the class have.

tell him to go destruction or reroll. those are really the only options atm for warlocks.

Can you please just not post if you are going to spread unbelievably inaccurate information? Warlock is fine, Affliction is arguably the best spec we have overall currently for DPS (and is definitely the best Single Target), and all 3 specs are very much viable at all levels of raiding (destro isn't the only spec).

@OP - He just doesn't know how the play the spec. He dealt 100% of his damage on Brackenspore to Brackenspore. Not once did he dot the big add (not with Soul swap, soul swap sucks) and not once did he Drain Soul a spore shooter or something when it was @ like 1% hp for a free Soul Shard return. On Twin Ogron you can see the same thing, he focus's one boss and basically just ignores the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Can you please just not post if you are going to spread unbelievably inaccurate information? Warlock is fine, Affliction is arguably the best spec we have overall currently for DPS (and is definitely the best Single Target), and all 3 specs are very much viable at all levels of raiding (destro isn't the only spec).

@OP - He just doesn't know how the play the spec. He dealt 100% of his damage on Brackenspore to Brackenspore. Not once did he dot the big add (not with Soul swap, soul swap sucks) and not once did he Drain Soul a spore shooter or something when it was @ like 1% hp for a free Soul Shard return. On Twin Ogron you can see the same thing, he focus's one boss and basically just ignores the other one.
    Not only is it spreading inaccurate information but its extremely damaging to the rest of us warlocks who are trying to find raid groups/pugs when these people spread word that our class is such a disaster that groups don't invite us to raids or only bring one of us for summons so they don't have to walk. Warlocks are completely capable of doing what they need to do in raids, would I love it if I were doing 27k instead of 22k? Hell yeah, but if the minimum dps is 20k on a movement intensive fight and I am doing 22k then I can work with that. I can do my job and not hold my group back because of my spec.

People need to stop hijacking threads to try and turn every thread into a warlock bitch-fest in hopes that blizzard might hear them and buff the class, there is a thread for bitching about blizzard and thier approach to warlocks and this isn't it.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2015-01-08 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks is fine your warlock is not, tell him to get off his high horse and start multi-dotting in cleave fights.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

have to be honest here, unless hes asked you to post / he doesnt know your posting, this is a pretty shitty thing to do to them.

I'd be furious if someone thought I was under performing (even if I was) and came to a public website and posted my armory link with logs about how I do. Its it is a issue which is holding you back, you need to speak to the individual, guide them to the right places etc. Hell even come and ask for advice, but not give their friken details out

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Warlocks is fine your warlock is not, tell him to get off his high horse and start multi-dotting in cleave fights.
    Or set a dps requirement and bench him until he can prove that he can get the required numbers. No reason to drag lazy incompetant people to the loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    have to be honest here, unless hes asked you to post / he doesnt know your posting, this is a pretty shitty thing to do to them.

I'd be furious if someone thought I was under performing (even if I was) and came to a public website and posted my armory link with logs about how I do. Its it is a issue which is holding you back, you need to speak to the individual, guide them to the right places etc. Hell even come and ask for advice, but not give their friken details out
    well if someone clearly don't want help, and you as a guildie want to make the raid better for all and don't know how to play the spec yourself, the best way to to get info from a third party, and if all the info says you are doing it wrong you can tell him, and then let the raid leader know.

the warlocks is the worst person in the group if he does not want to improve and keep dragging the team down.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Ignoring the sad whining ...

Affliction with Soul Burn: Haunt is probably the best warlock spec for Ogron. He is right about Soul Swap - the shard cost is not worth saving 1 GCD. He is dead wrong about multi-dotting. If he isn't going to multi-DoT he shouldn't play Affliction. Even if he were to play Destruction he should try to keep Immolate on both of them

For Brackenspore - he should multi-dot boss and the big add. It is probably not worth it to DoT up the Spore Shooters fully. They shouldn't live long enough for Agony to ramp up. He probably still wants to apply UA and try to use Drain Soul to get Shards back. He may want to consider swapping to Destruction for the fight, due the opportunities to cleave Shadowburn with Havoc.

^ The reason I avoid giving advice or posting constructive in these kind of threads. Unless the warlock in question comes here.

"multi DoTing" might be dead as you can't really DoT all the things and win anymore.
    But if you have adds that live for 30 sec+ or on twins where you have 2 bosses you need to have your DoTs up at all times.
    Tiwns is probably the best affli fight in the current raid, that said warlock is still not the best DPS out there and it takes alot of effort to do good or even "ok".

I'm assuming he is an officer of their guild in which case I welcome him posting on behalf of his guildie. There is technically a thread for this that is stickied but that isn't the point. If he is an officer and wants to understand why his raider is playing like garbage he has the right to know. Hell, even if he is just a guildie who wants to know if his fellow raider that he is essentially carrying is just blowing hot air I am fine with that as well. Nobody here has a problem helping and the fact that this person had to come here rather than their warlock actively looking for help in regards to their DPS is actually quite sad in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be in a raid with a person that is intentionally gimping their damage due to ignorance and if that player isn't going to look for the answers on how to fix their DPS I would gladly do the research for them just so I wouldn't have to carry them in the raid.

Keep in mind we are technically speaking about a Mythic raider, if you are raiding Mythic you should at least understand the basic fundamentals of your class such as Multi-dotting on a cleave fight where the add is alive for a decent amount of time.
    Last edited by Novx; 2015-01-08 at 06:21 PM.

Alternative be gkicking him where he has no idea what he's doing wrong.