Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You're forgetting that the cards can come out in any order. The first card can be either of the three so 3/27.
    True, so lets redo math with that knowledge:

0,11 * 0,07 * 0,04 = 0,000308 = 0,00308%

Chance of 1 in 32467, bit more relevant but still not anywhere near likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    True, so lets redo math with that knowledge:

0,11 * 0,07 * 0,04 = 0,000308 = 0,00308%

Chance of 1 in 32467, bit more relevant but still not anywhere near likely
    Still wrong. First you're only multiplying by 10 to convert to a percentage when you should be multiplying by 100. Second you're rounding down the intermediate fractions to 2 decimal places and then using the 6 decimal product, that's a huge accuracy error.

How about we just say: it's rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

That dreaded moment when you have enough minions to cause fatal damage to a rogue (with 2 health) only for them to all be taken out, get nothing on the next draw, get knocked down to 5, and then pull out the RNG Jesus of Explosive Trap to win the game.

It is funny how you guys try to mathematize Hearthstone and attempt to create somekind of a system to improve your chances of winning.

Deleted
    RNG streaks, either lucky or unlucky are the reason why this game is so fun!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep getting wins for specific classes but my quests aren't counting, the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Live by the shredder die by the shredder, nothing more painful than having him drop a loremaster cho when you have a handful of removal and opponent refuses to kill him you either hand him fireballs, flamestrikes or get punched in the face repeatedly.

I just fucking hate Priests. They steal everything!?!? Fuck off

That can suck. Especially when you've played your only owl on their stolen Sunwalker, and they follow it up with a stolen Tirion.
    ... but then you Rend the Tirion.

Deleted
    Was using my Control Warrior against Combo Druid. He had already used 2 Keepers of the Grove, so I felt things were looking good when I dropped my Sylvannas against his Thaurissan+BGH. Opponent pulls an Ironbeak Owl out of nowhere and plays a Belcher. Next turn I Use Sylvannas to kill Belcher and use Brawl, finishing off his remaining minion with my axe. Don't remember what he played next but next turn I play my Ysera thinking there was no way for him to deal with her. Opponent pulls a 2nd Owl and I am like "ok...the greed is real".

15+ Year Old Account
    Spent so long on a turn ensuring I had the most efficient play that I forgot to attack with my Cleric

Ended up several turns later exactly one damage off lethal before getting combo'd to death

/fliptable
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Just had an awful few days in the arena. I even drafted pretty good decks, but my luck has just been trash. Had a paladin deck with 3 musters for battle. Made it to 7 wins, didn't draw them once. Not ONCE! In fact, MY OPPONENTS played my muster for battle against me more frequently than I played it, by a priest thoughtsealing one when I had 9 cards left (3 of which were muster, though I didn't even draw them that game). So many of my losses would've been wins if I had draw just one of them early game.

Then I drafted another paladin deck with 4 truesilvers. Went 2-3. Such crazy opponents with that deck. Won 2 games, then I got a priest that opened with turn 1 twilight welp into turn 2 twilight welp + twilight welp into turn 3 velen's chose into turn 4 shrinkmeister + faerie dragon. What the fuck is that, man?

My second loss with that deck was a mage who did turn 7 flamestrike, turn 8 apprentice + flamestrike, turn 9 dr-fucking-boom, turn 10 RAGNAROS. Really? At 2 wins?

Then the third loss, against another paladin, I almost won, it got down to a topdecking competition, then he draws FUCKING TYRION. Man...

So I gave up on the paladins and did warlock, and my first game was a loss to a mage, where - after me taking board control - him topdecking, in order, fireball, then fireball, then pyroblast, for exact lethal. My two giant minions on the board would've killed him next turn, but it's not like that matters when the mage can just destroy me in 3 turns from an empty board even though I'm behind a taunt and started that at 24 health.

I'm going to take a break from arena for a while, I think...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Just went from 15 to 18 in just a few games hahaha, nothing went right...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Spent so long on a turn ensuring I had the most efficient play that I forgot to attack with my Cleric

Ended up several turns later exactly one damage off lethal before getting combo'd to death

/fliptable
    The number of times I've done that... always clerics too...

had 6 life..the mage had 1...so I needed a turn before to play my card as a priest..

then the mage draws a card..ofcoruse it was a Fire ball

Was playing Mill Rogue for the hell of it the other day. Played my cards in slightly the wrong order, missed lethal by 1. Died from 15+ next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Just had an awful few days in the arena. I even drafted pretty good decks, but my luck has just been trash. Had a paladin deck with 3 musters for battle. Made it to 7 wins, didn't draw them once. Not ONCE! In fact, MY OPPONENTS played my muster for battle against me more frequently than I played it, by a priest thoughtsealing one when I had 9 cards left (3 of which were muster, though I didn't even draw them that game). So many of my losses would've been wins if I had draw just one of them early game.

Then I drafted another paladin deck with 4 truesilvers. Went 2-3. Such crazy opponents with that deck. Won 2 games, then I got a priest that opened with turn 1 twilight welp into turn 2 twilight welp + twilight welp into turn 3 velen's chose into turn 4 shrinkmeister + faerie dragon. What the fuck is that, man?

My second loss with that deck was a mage who did turn 7 flamestrike, turn 8 apprentice + flamestrike, turn 9 dr-fucking-boom, turn 10 RAGNAROS. Really? At 2 wins?

Then the third loss, against another paladin, I almost won, it got down to a topdecking competition, then he draws FUCKING TYRION. Man...

So I gave up on the paladins and did warlock, and my first game was a loss to a mage, where - after me taking board control - him topdecking, in order, fireball, then fireball, then pyroblast, for exact lethal. My two giant minions on the board would've killed him next turn, but it's not like that matters when the mage can just destroy me in 3 turns from an empty board even though I'm behind a taunt and started that at 24 health.

I'm going to take a break from arena for a while, I think...
    Fireball, Frostbolt and Flamestrike all being common makes me salty.

Deleted
    Drafted an arena mage deck with 2x unstable.

One of the games... I played it on turn 3 cos i didn't had anything else to drop, it produced a Neptulon...for 4 mana...

Opponent dropped a yeti on his 4th turn.

Well... here's my bigger yeti. Outskilled heh.

Then I realized that this card has 3 overload which leaves me with just 2 mana on t5. And i got pretty terrible murlocs as well - 2x vanilla 3/2 for 2, 1x the one that spawns two minions, 1x the shittlest 1/1 that buffs a bit.

Opponent bgh'd my Nep and left me with that overload Guess the RNG salt comes back, just like karma.

I like to come to this thread to realize how lucky I am