im moving all my parts from my old case over my my new case any tips ?

so im upgrading my case to the Corsair CC-9011050-WW and i just wanted to know if their are any tips or tricks i should know? im also going to upgrade my cpu cooler to a cosair h55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you have a pre-built from one of the big makers (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc) then stop right here. You will find that many of them use non standard parts and more importantly it is extremely lame to do so. You can attempt to hide the lameness by replacing the non standard parts. (usually the motherboard, psu, and heatsink/fan for the cpu.)

On the other hand if you have a self built machine or pre-built from one of the smaller operations (Ibuypower, Cyberpower, Origin, etc) then you wont have any problems moving it over. (Do note the lameness still applies when transferring lesser known pre-builts just as it would with the major ones.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just be careful with static, etc. Be sure to ground yourself to the case you are working on before touching the components inside. Although I've never had an issue with static, there's always a first time.

If you're relatively inexperienced, take a picture with your phone of the old computer before you move anything, so you'll know how it was set up before just incase you forget anything.

Also, it helps to review all the wiring inside the new case so you know what you'll need to connect to the motherboard, for me this is the source of most confusion when installing in a new case.

Only time I change case is when I get a new MoBo. Outside of that, I can think of very few good reasons to change a case.