Deleted

Help with swp/vt/swd mouseover macros please

Hello, I need some help with few macros if possible please.

What I basically need to know is if there's a way to make a macro so it casts SWP on your target UNLESS you have the cursor mouseover focus unit, and then it casts it on that unit.
    For example, take Tectus, I would use this macro when add spawns:

/tar Night-Twisted Earthwarper
    /focus
    /tar Boss1

And then I'd like to use the same keys for SW/VT/SWD i normally use to cast that on that focus target when i have mouse over it.

Is it possible or I need to use 2 keys for everything, like 1 SWP - shift 1 SWP mouseover macro?

I'm asking because I actually have swp/vt/swd binded on mouse so would be much easieri if I could use the same macro for dotting target/mouseover target but I dont know if it is possible. Thanks!!

PS Something like this:

/use [@mouseover,harm][]Shadow Word: Pain

Does it work? I mean, does it cast on the unit I have on focus if my mouse is over focus window?

Or i need something like:

/use [mod:shift,@focus][]Shadow Word: Pain

In this case it casts it on focus if i press shift else on target, right?
    Last edited by mmoc84fe02c5ed; 2015-01-14 at 03:31 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Hello, I need some help with few macros if possible please.

What I basically need to know is if there's a way to make a macro so it casts SWP on your target UNLESS you have the cursor mouseover focus unit, and then it casts it on that unit.
    For example, take Tectus, I would use this macro when add spawns:

/tar Night-Twisted Earthwarper
    /focus
    /tar Boss1

And then I'd like to use the same keys for SW/VT/SWD i normally use to cast that on that focus target when i have mouse over it.

Is it possible or I need to use 2 keys for everything, like 1 SWP - shift 1 SWP mouseover macro?

I'm asking because I actually have swp/vt/swd binded on mouse so would be much easieri if I could use the same macro for dotting target/mouseover target but I dont know if it is possible. Thanks!!
    I don't use mouseover macros, but if you have those bound to mouse, Clique could work well for it.

However if you don't like/want/have Clique, or don't want AddOn clutter, I'm sure a mouseover macro can be done.
    Last edited by Volibear; 2015-01-14 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

The first macro you list should do exactly what you say you want. You can test it on the target dummies in your Garrison by the mage tower or on target dummies in main cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    I don't use mouseover macros, but if you have those bound to mouse, Clique could work well for it.

However if you don't like/want/have Clique, or don't want AddOn clutter, I'm sure a mouseover macro can be done.
    I do use clique to bind spells on my mouse... the problem is that for some reason it works fine on normal unitframes but with focus window it doesnt... is there a reason why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    I do use clique to bind spells on my mouse... the problem is that for some reason it works fine on normal unitframes but with focus window it doesnt... is there a reason why?
    Not sure, I haven't actually tried casting my clique binds on focus targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnorZ View Post
    The first macro you list should do exactly what you say you want. You can test it on the target dummies in your Garrison by the mage tower or on target dummies in main cities.
    Ok, sadly doesnt work.

/use [@mouseover,harm][]Shadow Word: Pain

This one, even if i mouse over focus target, doesnt SWP it (it works if i mouse over the target or boss target but not focus target).

/use [mod:shift,@focus][]Shadow Word: Pain

Meanwhile this one, pressing shift, does SWP the focus target, but the problem is that I dont want a macro to always dot the focus target, but only when i mouse over focus (because otherwise i cant SWP my actual target if i want to).

Any idea how to fix this?
    Last edited by mmoc84fe02c5ed; 2015-01-14 at 12:09 PM.

This might be a massive derp on my part, but I thought you should be using /cast for spells, not /use?

Either way, I have a similar macro to what you are describing, only caveat being that as far as I am aware, there is no way to make a mouseover macro work for ONLY a focus frame. That being said, here's my SWD macro.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, exists][harm, exists] Shadow Word: Death

This allows me to snipe SWD on mobs without manually targetting them. Mouseover targetting should work for any unit frame, or by just mousing over a mob in the world. The gotcha being that the macro will try and cast SWD on a mouseover target, even if that mob is above 20% hp, which will of course fail. So if you have your cursor floating around on some random part of the screen, that happens to be where a full hp mob is standing, then you will spam the button and cast nothing at all

Edit: forgot to mention that this will work for casting SWD on your current target too
    Last edited by Kyrik; 2015-01-14 at 12:56 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's one I use:

#showtooltip Shadow Word: Pain
    /cast [@focus, exists, harm] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain

It casts on focus if it's set, otherwise on mouseover - if no mouseover either it will cast on current target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Here's one I use:

/cast [@focus, exists, harm] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain

It casts on focus if it's set, otherwise on mouseover - if no mouseover either it will cast on current target.
    Thanks for your reply, and this works for Kyrik as well.

Maybe I explained myself wrong... I didnt mean I want the macro to work on mouseover ONLY on focus, it can work on any mouserver.
    But what I need is a macro to SWP if i mouse over anything, else to do it on target. The problem is that my focus frame doesnt seem to work... all macros ive tried worked fine with mouseover on bosses/target frames but not focus... so im wondering if its something wrong with my UI or its my macro wrong.

Which unit frames are you using? Are you running this macro via clique? Does it work if you create a standard wow macro and keybind it to the keyboard? If you want to keybind mouseover macros to mouse clicks, you have to use clique afaik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrik View Post
    Which unit frames are you using? Are you running this macro via clique? Does it work if you create a standard wow macro and keybind it to the keyboard? If you want to keybind mouseover macros to mouse clicks, you have to use clique afaik
    I do use clique for few spells but i tried few macros even binded to the keyboard and didnt work.

Your macro, if i replace it with SWP, if i understood... if i put something on focus and mouseover it, should SWP that one, else should SWP the one i got on target... right?

Correct, that's how it should work. I'm not at my home PC right now, so I can't try and replicate your problem

Edit: Just tested the following macro now that I got home, placed on an actionbar that is bound to 3.

/cast [@mouseover, harm, exists][harm, exists] Shadow Word: Pain

Seems to work as intended. It will cast SWP on a mouse over target as priority (tested on ElvUI focus and target frames), and failing that will cast it on your current target. If this isn't working for you then I would guess there is an issue with your raid frames, keybinds or clique
    Last edited by Kyrik; 2015-01-14 at 06:16 PM.