Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Yet they even posted saying 6.1 and BRF are tied to one another and it was posted on MMO front page as well. Though I see why it makes sense... because it does. Anyway till it happens who knows.
    Didn´t they say the exact opposite?

Btw i thought they fixed it or are going to fix it so that you can´t kill certain bosses multiple times for the mythic foundry mission to trigger. Have to check for the source though since im not 100% sure.

Deleted
    So are we still getting Highmaul missions in 6.1 or not?

Thanks for testing,
    I guess the best way of really testing the minimum kills required is having 8 people, each activating 3 followers to 660 after a kill, starting from the 14th kill.
    but 20 will also be nice to know

10+ Year Old Account

clarity

What's more interesting is how follower missions will interact between HM and BRF. I could easily see a few cases where a Mythic HM would be more available till people down enough BRF bosses.

HM:Mythic cache is at 685 ilv which is +5 ilv over BRF: Heroic
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    Ailyara- I believe it works like this....
    There are 3 difficulties, N/H/M. You need 15 kills in 1 difficulty to unlock the next.
    IE. 15 kills in N gets you a H cache.
    15 kills in H get you a M cache
    15 kills in M get you a M cache and 1k gold.

Kills in M do not count towards your total kills in H. Therefore, if you have 10 M kills, 5 H, and 10 N kills, you will still only get a normal cache.
    That's almost exactly right. But the Mythic+gold cache does not require 15 Mythic kills. Many people reported getting it during the second week that Mythic was available--at which point they could not have had 15 kills yet, since you can't kill a Mythic boss more than once in a week. I didn't see enough data points to narrow it down to a specific number, but it was definitely more than 7 and less than 14. The other levels, though, were most certainly 15.

Quote Originally Posted by krisbi View Post
    So are we still getting Highmaul missions in 6.1 or not?
    I would like to know this too! I just got enough kills for a mythic cache this week, would hate for it be replaced with a BRF normal cache

Quote Originally Posted by Mollaroo View Post
    That's almost exactly right. But the Mythic+gold cache does not require 15 Mythic kills. Many people reported getting it during the second week that Mythic was available--at which point they could not have had 15 kills yet, since you can't kill a Mythic boss more than once in a week. I didn't see enough data points to narrow it down to a specific number, but it was definitely more than 7 and less than 14. The other levels, though, were most certainly 15.
    I got my Mythic+1k gold after 8 Mythic kills. Other people reported the same #, so I think the trigger is 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxum View Post
    I got my Mythic+1k gold after 8 Mythic kills. Other people reported the same #, so I think the trigger is 8.
    Good to know !

So the formula is 2x+1 to advance a tier in difficulty and x+1 for the bonus gold (with x the number of bosses in the raid). It could still be a random number set by blizz but I don't believe it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaxum View Post
    Hmmm. Agreed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    What's more interesting is how follower missions will interact between HM and BRF. I could easily see a few cases where a Mythic HM would be more available till people down enough BRF bosses.

HM:Mythic cache is at 685 ilv which is +5 ilv over BRF: Heroic
    I would take some of the 680 BRF loot over the horrible itemized HM loot any day tbh, on most slots anyway.

Deleted
    As they confirmed it already, you will be getting both highmaul and brf missions at the same time... so should be gearing from both

Where did all these theories originate from? My guildies started getting mythic caches with less than 10 mythic kills.

Deleted
    I levelled a new alt a few weeks back, purposefully held off triggering the HM missions to avoid getting normal gear. I had 21 HM normal kills (including full clears) and 3 HM HC kills on the alt. I triggered the mission and immediately got a normal cache mission. During original progress in my main's guild, we had 2 people with identical progression (and number of kills) - one got a mythic cache and the other got a heroic cache within the space of 12 hours (the heroic cache was the slightly later).

I have a suspicion that the system works so that you need to have 15 kills of the previous difficulty AND to have done the previous "difficulty" mission to prevent skipping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Where did all these theories originate from? My guildies started getting mythic caches with less than 10 mythic kills.
    As in less than 10 mythic kills from Highmaul, and they're getting Mythic cache from BRF?

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    As in less than 10 mythic kills from Highmaul, and they're getting Mythic cache from BRF?
    Erm, Highmaul...........

My question was directed at the 2n+1, 15 kills in Highmaul theories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    I levelled a new alt a few weeks back, purposefully held off triggering the HM missions to avoid getting normal gear. I had 21 HM normal kills (including full clears) and 3 HM HC kills on the alt. I triggered the mission and immediately got a normal cache mission. During original progress in my main's guild, we had 2 people with identical progression (and number of kills) - one got a mythic cache and the other got a heroic cache within the space of 12 hours (the heroic cache was the slightly later).

I have a suspicion that the system works so that you need to have 15 kills of the previous difficulty AND to have done the previous "difficulty" mission to prevent skipping.
    That's not it as I got my first ever mission on Highmaul with the Heroic cache. Perhaps killing the end boss of the previous difficulty is a requirement? I don't know.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, Highmaul...........

Oh ok, my bad. In that case, you're talking about the Mythic+1000g mission I'm guessing. Cause the normal Mythic HM mission has nothing to do with Mythic kills. It's to do with 2n+1 (or so the theory goes) kills in Heroic difficulty, not Mythic.
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-01-29 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    That's not it as I got my first ever mission on Highmaul with the Heroic cache. Perhaps killing the end boss of the previous difficulty is a requirement? I don't know.
    I don't know then. But I had done 7/7 twice, 6/7 once and an additional Kargath prior to triggering the mission and still got a normal cache.

- - - Updated - - -

Erm, Highmaul...........

The theory is 15 kills of the previous difficulty tier to trigger the next mission. Ie. 15 HC kills triggers Mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    I don't know then. But I had done 7/7 twice, 6/7 once and an additional Kargath prior to triggering the mission and still got a normal cache.

- - - Updated - - -

The theory is 15 kills of the previous difficulty tier to trigger the next mission. Ie. 15 HC kills triggers Mythic.
    That's really weird, never heard that happen to someone before it could be a bug or something. Doesn't make any sense.

Or they changed it in one of the past hotfix. Prem, when did this happen ? I've heard people talking about a tweet where a dev said they would take measures so we can't skip a difficulty entirely so maybe we have to get 1 normal cache before being able to get a HC cache which is also mandatory to get the myt cache.

Deleted
    That's really weird, never heard that happen to someone before it could be a bug or something. Doesn't make any sense.
    I don't know - but the same happened in my main's guild where two raiders with the exact same kills got different boxes (literally the same kills - both had 100% attendance and only raided with the guild). I just think there's more to it than the 15 kills theory (which in all other regards seems to check out).