Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good god you lot are whiny.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, talent changes was pretty obvious from the language used, I'd allready said I figured they'd tackle those.

Way I see it, some of our weak talents just got buffed, and we didn't get a single nerf. I call that a win, whichever way you spin it. We just got handed a ton of new options, and frankly we shouldn't be moaning, but we should be figuring out which fights just got made easier for us. I'm willing to bet the GoSac, GoServ and KJC changes can really impact our choices in BRF. I sure as hell am going to have a hard look at KJC on a number of fights (looking at you Hans & Franz).

As long as people keep expecting to get Fel Flame back, or our mobility to return to the Mists glory days, they'll get disappointed again and again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Good god you lot are whiny.
    My thoughts exactly

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defo not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, the recent changes have been positive, not negative, some are a little odd, but there are situations where these changes are going to be handy. We’re playing the game now, which makes iterative changes seem underwhelming in isolation, but overall they have greater impact. I would still like to see our raid utility improve over/as well as number fixes, but it's a big deviation from the norm if they do give us something new or buff say soulstone, which would encroach on other people’s territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingzor View Post
    I'm not excited for anything of this.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Just swallow your fucking pride and give us back FF.
    Yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    KjC on a 35 second cooldown is such a strange cooldown. Why not 40? Why not 30? Why 35?
    I honestly feel that so long as it's an active ability, it's going to need to do something else to make it popular. It's current design is just tedious for a talent, I mean, cut the cast-while-move to 4 seconds but throw a 50% speed boost in there as well and it'd actually feel good to use, like you were really getting something out of it. There's a reason Blazing Speed is actually more popular than Ice Floes, which itself is a very well designed ability for its purpose.

On the flip side, not too much change for my Mage, and I can use a different 100 talent on my SPriest, I loled at the Auspiscious Spirits change 'These no longer do no damage, in fact they do twice as much'

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, this bit:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Developer Commentary: A primary focus for class changes in Patch 6.1 is improving overall talent balance. Not every talent needs to be useful in every situation; and in fact it’s often better if they have strengths and weaknesses. But we do try to have each talent be useful in some situations, and make them close enough in value that if you really enjoy the gameplay of a talent you don’t feel like you’re dragging your group down by using it.
    And no changes to Cataclysm or Servitude for Demo? Seriously, fuck off.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-01-24 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    im surprised that they would think that these changes would stur up a lot of discussion, the changes are minor at best, yes there are some buffs to certain talents but it isnt like they are major.

Deleted
    Why are ppl even disappointed and have so much hate about warlocks. Demo is just fine now and we got a huge buff with the mastery, i think it will scale insanly good in BRF, affli is good to and who will even wanna play destro? Most boring and simple spec in the game. i just hope and pray they wont buff it anything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As long as people keep expecting to get Fel Flame back, or our mobility to return to the Mists glory days, they'll get disappointed again and again.
    I was kinda expecting them to do something about the ROF butchering that they've said themselves was done horribly.

That and people were probably expecting SOMETHING interesting thanks to Celest's tweet, which looks absolutely idiotic in hindsight, what out of the current changes is supposed to be interesting and discussion provoking?
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2015-01-24 at 02:08 PM.

We aren't the one to get all changes. I'd say two charges on spirit link and 1.5m Avatar cd will spark quite a discussion.

Deleted
    So Destruction AoE still sucks? Got it. Thanks Blizzard.

Yay, 4 meaningless changes and 1 potentially meaningful change! Affliction and Destruction still won't take Grimoire of Sac, Demo still won't take Grimoire of Service, and Charred Remains is still looking to be a DPS loss over untalented!

They're always super cautious and they're starting up raid testing again with these changes so they'll probably baby step their way through any further changes while the raid testing goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yay, 4 meaningless changes and 1 potentially meaningful change! Affliction and Destruction still won't take Grimoire of Sac, Demo still won't take Grimoire of Service, and Charred Remains is still looking to be a DPS loss over untalented!
    I think you are wrong on all accounts, Service is potentially best for Demo with that change, GoSac/CR is overtaking DS now and has beast AoE...

The only part you are right about is GoSac for Affliction.

Do remember that Affliction's GoSac buffs not only DS channel damage but also the damage done by the extra DoT ticks it procs. I don't have numbers in front of me, and the simcraft site's profiles use DServ so I can't easily make any up on the spot here, but I'd be interested to see how it looks with SB:H.

I like how they seem to buff mostly unused talents. But still don't do anything to Mannoroths fury or rain of fire :/

A few nice, but very underwhelming changes. The numbers buffs, even if needed, seem more of a distraction from our core mechanical issues at hand which the devs appear just uninterested in resolving right now, some of which can be rather easily. Good times
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    They're always super cautious and they're starting up raid testing again with these changes so they'll probably baby step their way through any further changes while the raid testing goes on.
    You give them too much credit I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    A few nice, but very underwhelming changes. The numbers buffs, even if needed, seem more of a distraction from our core mechanical issues at hand which the devs appear just uninterested in resolving right now, some of which can be rather easily. Good times
    When have core mechanical issues ever been changed mid expansion? They gave us a top tier Spec with Demo, which is more than a lot of classes have. Everyone wants 3 viable specs that can do single target/multi target/aoe. We've come a long way and just got done our class rework in MoP they are going to put a little more time into other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by turbosnail View Post
    You give them too much credit I feel.
    Whether intentional or unintentional. I would agree babystepping is the correct path. Especially since they are still in the early-mid stage of 6.1 testing.

In our position right now I'm relief they don't nerf anything.

U guys should be glad they actually buff some stuff.