Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[RBG]People always complain about DKs but BoomKin for me is beyond logic.

So I am at this pug and I see this BoomKin doing probably X2 damage-in-total of two of our DPS. I keep pugging and BoomKins just wreck the shit out of everyone. I mean what the fuck man?

I then have a discussion with a friend of mine in which he specifically told me "You are lucky you did not have to see them back in Cata".

Deleted
    Boomkins have big numbers so people think they are still op in rbgs.
    They already got the nerf they needed on starfall.

The only reason why they still have fairly big dmg done is because they can keep starfall up nonstop.
    But thats fine, every starfall is one less starsurge.
    Big numbers does not equal OP, they are just one of the few specs that can aoe everything all the time
    and thereby do a little dmg to everything nearby, that on its own is not what scores you kills and gets you wins.

A boomkin doing aoe in the wrong comp is 100% completely useless, that being said a boomkin in the right comp
    can help rot everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post

The only reason why they still have fairly big dmg done is because they can keep starfall up nonstop.
    Big numbers does not equal OP, they are just one of the few specs that can aoe everything all the time
    and thereby do a little dmg to everything nearby, that on its own is not what scores you kills and gets you wins.

A boomkin doing aoe in the wrong comp is 100% completely useless, that being said a boomkin in the right comp
    Uh... a boomkin can burst single target like a fucking monster too... And if you're hitting them you can catch some 60-70k instant star fires too after those instant surges. o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Uh... a boomkin can burst single target like a fucking monster too... And if you're hitting them you can catch some 60-70k instant star fires too after those instant surges. o.O
    If you see huge dmg done by a boomkin then they are barely/not starsurging and not rlly helping anyone unless they are in
    a hardcore rotting comp. And yes they get insta casts if you train them, but exaggerating like that is pointless. They will MAYBE
    hit you for 60k crit starfire with all cds and berserker up (their cds are 3 min and crit chance around 10%).
    And once again, big dmg done = starfall uptime = shared charges with surge so barely any surges.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    This is coming from a seasioned dk and boomkin/rdruid player in rbgs:

I think the boomkin needs to be really good and totaly unchecked to be more worth or equal to a restoration druid in a rbg in terms of overall effectiveness for the rbg group, what usually means using his mass cc arsenal with high precision.

The huge cc arsenal is the real edge that a boomkin has over a dk.

A dk should not whine about anyone's else dmg, especially considering rbgs.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-01-24 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins are only god mode if you let them free cast. If they get 3-4 casts off you're done for. A good player locks them down as soon as they see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Boomkins are only god mode if you let them free cast. If they get 3-4 casts off you're done for. A good player locks them down as soon as they see one.
    lol

and then one of your rbg teams healer dies instantly and you wonder why (you called target on a boomkin el oh el, dat der empowered boomkin spam procs)

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    lol

and then one of your rbg teams healer dies instantly and you wonder why (you called target on a boomkin el oh el, dat der empowered boomkin spam procs)
    He cant cast while stunned. Or silenced.

you get the picture. Put the mongos on him. Hell die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    He cant cast while stunned. Or silenced.

you get the picture. Put the mongos on him. Hell die.
    Like any other caster you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Like any other caster you mean?
    Thats kind of the idea.

Deleted
    I play boomy in RBG's Honestly i don't think we are that overpowered. Yes we top the damage meters but that's due to DoT's and starfall. If you went in to an RBG where neither team had a boomy you would probably notice that a DoT class is topping the charts like a warlock or SPriest or even a DK with plague spreading.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody has to be on top. But rest assured that no matter what class it happens to be, people will make threads to bitch about it. Boomkins were so useless for so long, i dont mind seeing them get their time in the limelight. By the end of the xpac it will be back to DKs and Locks shitting on everyone else in terms of raw dmg done. Just like it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post

Any boomkin spamming starfall in RBGs right now is dumb. Save everything up, vortex beam a healer and go ham on another healer with triple starsurge train of fuck you. Literally like 250k damage in 3 gcds + dot ticks and any other damage that people want to throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Any boomkin spamming starfall in RBGs right now is dumb. Save everything up, vortex beam a healer and go ham on another healer with triple starsurge train of fuck you. Literally like 250k damage in 3 gcds + dot ticks and any other damage that people want to throw in.
    Why would you still use vortex in conjunction with solar beam? You don't get re-silenced anymore if you're dragged back into the beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Why would you still use vortex in conjunction with solar beam? You don't get re-silenced anymore if you're dragged back into the beam.
    Because the vortex is small enought that you never escape the beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance are still the only DPS that people stack for their groups though. RBG's are still Rated Boomkin Grounds, go figure.

Doesnt matter, no1 care about rbgs anyway, its like enlarged 5v5.

Who the hell gives a shit about random starfall damage topping meters. Boomkins have like 2-3s cast if you can't kick/pummel that shit i don't know what to tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    "noone cares" thats why theres constant spam for RBG boosting/paid services/twitch channels/forums/websites/guilds. Also 5v5 is still arena RBG is RBG. You have every right to not enjoy it but this only means YOU don't enjoy it. I'd rather play RBG than pretend to enjoy arena because i play DK.
    Everyone spam it only for 3 wins and cya. Twitch is overloaded with arena play. 5v5 is arena but no1 care about it, even 2v2 is more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    "noone cares" thats why theres constant spam for RBG boosting/paid services/twitch channels/forums/websites/guilds. Also 5v5 is still arena RBG is RBG. You have every right to not enjoy it but this only means YOU don't enjoy it. I'd rather play RBG than pretend to enjoy arena because i play DK.
    The only reason that people care about RBGs at the moment is because of the 3 wins potentially giving you gear. The only reason people cared in previous expansions was because RBGs gave a higher conquest cap than arenas. If they didn't make RBGs mandatory to gear up faster a large amount of people wouldn't do them.

As for the topic, Boomkins aren't that strong. They do a lot of damage, but most of it is meaningless. A lot of their AoE damage is on pets, or players that aren't being attacked by anyone else. Think of it this way:

Boomkins can do 1 million damage total in like 10 seconds, but they do it to 10 different players added together.
    Other classes can do 1 million damage total in like 20 seconds, but they do it all to one player.

So even if boomkins are doing double other people's damage, it really doesn't matter because it's so spread out most of it isn't effective or necessary. Which is one of the many reasons why looking purely at damage done is meaningless.