Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    So I'll repeat, is Jeremy Soule (yes was thinking of the youtuber Jeremy Jahns) still doing the music?
    Jeremy Soule is long gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Jeremy Soule is long gone
    No wonder. The music in that trailer sucked shit. It didn't seem his style at all. The guy is known for memorable music. God dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    No wonder. The music in that trailer sucked shit. It didn't seem his style at all. The guy is known for memorable music. God dang.
    subjective, I quite like the new music. While I like Soule (his music, his personality is an ass), his music is mostly the same across the games he does

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    It seems to me, if I understand it correctly, that it is similar to the system used by Carbine for Wildstar. It is a good system, but is prone to problems in cases of lag-spikes or high ping. A system similar to the one in TSW might be a better option, where you actually build resistance charges on the boss by using CC, that diminish very slowly (if at all) and once you reach 3 charges (or whatever number ANet would prefer) then the boss becomes immune to further CC for a certain amount of time.

Either way it looks interesting.

That exact example is brought up in the interview that's linked to in that exclusive. Now, I'm not familiar with the Wildstar system, but depending on how wide of a window it is, I can see how those situations would be problematic. However, the TSW system, based on your description, sounds like the exact reverse, which, while it has it's uses, counters the design intent of Defiance. Obviously, it could work either way, but each method serves a different intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    That exact example is brought up in the interview that's linked to in that exclusive. Now, I'm not familiar with the Wildstar system, but depending on how wide of a window it is, I can see how those situations would be problematic. However, the TSW system, based on your description, sounds like the exact reverse, which, while it has it's uses, counters the design intent of Defiance. Obviously, it could work either way, but each method serves a different intent.
    The way the Wildstar system works (or used to anyway, haven't logged in for ages) is that the 1st CC starts a short timer during which all the rest of the CCs have to land. You miss one and that's it, whatever you were trying to interrupt goes through. It is quite an enjoyable system imo (and there are more details about it), other than the potential problems I mentioned. Having said that, GW2 runs much much better on my computer than Wildstar ever did, so the concerns might be moot.

And I agree 100% that the two systems are aiming for different gameplay and different group dynamics/builts.

It sounds like an entire nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to just make better boss AI then trying to rely on CC immunity.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It sounds like an entire nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to just make better boss AI then trying to rely on CC immunity.
    Really, the only things with defiance should be the big bad guys in the open world. There shouldn't be defiance in dungeons.
    What I'm hoping, as they mentioned in the interview, is that through their testing they'll find that it's better for defiance to naturally decay. Essentially have it act as block to help get some ability off, then if you want to stop the ability you still need to do the spike. That'll let encounters still have mechanics, but still let random and incidental controlling effects like blind, still have a function. As it currently stands, blinds are going to be near pointless in dungeons.
    One thing that I think is going to be fun is going to be terror necros (less the trait and more the abundance of long duration fear) in pve, as well as hammer warriors perhaps. Both are builds that show up less often in pve, but with this defiance change may finally have a purpose.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    I'm curious, do we know anything for certain about whether thieves are getting rifles? I saw the video... but any solid facts? Tempted to go for the Predator as my next legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I'm curious, do we know anything for certain about whether thieves are getting rifles? I saw the video... but any solid facts? Tempted to go for the Predator as my next legendary.
    No solid facts on that. I too would love to get use my Predator on my thief.

For everyone who's a battlemage fan, rejoice. Seems like Eles will get sword for their second spec, and although everything is still beta and placeholder from datamined files, it seemed kinda underwhelming. Also, Revenant will also get Shiro, Glint and Verdani for legendswap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swords for Elementalists is a great choice, personally been on the wishlist for HoT.

Rifles for Thieves... seems probable from wathing the trailer, but I'm almost sure that I read an interview
    where it was mentioned that Devs may still change their mind about the weapons, because some didn't
    bring something new to the game. I just can't remember how it was tied to Thieves and Rifles.

Just gimme a proper ranged option that doesn't suck for my guardian and I'm happy. Preferably longbow or shortbow, I dig me some bows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just gimme a proper ranged option that doesn't suck for my guardian and I'm happy. Preferably longbow or shortbow, I dig me some bows.
    Don't know if I'm telling you something new here - but it seems that Longbow for Guardian is most likely, at least when they keep it as it was shown in the Desert Borderlands video.

Reddit Source

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Don't know if I'm telling you something new here - but it seems that Longbow for Guardian is most likely, at least when they keep it as it was shown in the Desert Borderlands video.

Reddit Source
    Indeed you are, I haven't been following expansion news too closely, especially the more nitty gritty stuff like this : P

So...huzzah! Regardless of what happens now, the expansion is a success as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always pleased to make someone happy :-)

Now let's wait and see what Warriors get...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Always pleased to make someone happy :-)

Now let's wait and see what Warriors get...
    I think the only thing they don't have is staves? Oh and pistol and daggers
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.