Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Treasure Hunter trait recruitable confirmed

I've been wondering if it was worth it to keep the Inn around in 6.1, or if only Harrison Jones would have this trait, but atm you can keep recruiting more.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I already talked about it in another thread but planning on rerolling a few followers to see if they'll get TH while continually recruiting a TH crew to replace some of my epic mounts. Not gonna reroll my epic mounts, just benching some of them, but if TH had been in 6.0 I would have 10 THs instead of 10 epic mounts. Worth it. The Highmaul +1000g raid mission alone with 3x TH should be a free 4000g every 2 weeks
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-30 at 08:24 AM.

Oh my god I'm going to be rich.

Regardless of whether it stacks multiplicative or additive, even just getting one follower with TH on each gold-rewarding mission I send my followers on across all my alts a couple times a day is likely to push me up to 9k-10k a day.

Thanks, I was looking for this information.

Deleted
    This is so weird. I can see it nerfed after a while. The amount of gold you can get on a daily base with a bunch of lvl 100s is going to be crazy, up to a point where if you used your alts for goldmaking in general you'll probably keep them in your garrisons after WoD.

Happy you can recruit but sad i will have to drop fully some 655 epics to do it.

My main worry is you go to all that effort and when 6.2 rolls around they will get the scavenger treatment.

I guess I'll have to rebuild the Inn every two weeks(Build on monday night, get a follower for that week. Wait until reset on tuesday, get another follower. Destroy)

Deleted
    I already make very solid gold with missions because I have 5 characters at level 100, all of them have level 3 inn built. On average I get like 600-800 gold a day PER CHARACTER + about 50 salvage crates which is even more gold. This is about 20-30k gold per week and this trait is going to double that. I can see it being nerfed in the future

Or not. Cata raids haven't been nerfed despite them giving insane amounts of gold as well. Soloing DS or FL on 25hc mode gives 2-2.5k gold and this is actual gold added to economy. This is much worse than a farm spot giving big amounts of trade goods. Like the verlok spot in Deepholm or the orcs in Twilight Highlands. They were just giving about 2000 embersilk cloth per hour which resulted in it dropping in value greatly but had'nt any bigger impact of adding gold to economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Happy you can recruit but sad i will have to drop fully some 655 epics to do it.

My main worry is you go to all that effort and when 6.2 rolls around they will get the scavenger treatment.
    I fully expect the trait to be nerfed, potentially before it even goes live. But even a 25% boost is fairly substantial if you have multiple alts.

I have 8 level 100s with level 3 inns whose garrisons are built around the idea of doing gold-rewarding missions, and I've been keeping a spreadsheet out of curiosity. Over 13 days I got 53k gold for about 30-40 minutes a day's work just sending followers on missions and getting them back. After a year I'd have made over a million, not even counting vendoring other rewards and Salvage Crate stuff.

A 25% increase with such numbers is quite nice; a 100% increase on potentially all followers is approaching ridiculous. Not that I'll complain if I can get 8k-10k a day for such little work but I can't see it lasting.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how they would nerf scavenger but keep something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    A 25% increase with such numbers is quite nice; a 100% increase on potentially all followers is approaching ridiculous. Not that I'll complain if I can get 8k-10k a day for such little work but I can't see it lasting.
    Pretty much, my Inn and TH crew are ready. I already have 4 followers that I'm going to designate as trait reroll targets for TH

People will just inflate their prices on the AH to compensate for this.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

i can see some sort of nerf to it or to gold missions itself very soon or even before 6.1 lands -its quite easily to make 500-1k gold daily if u only have 25x655 followers if treasure hunter traits would be mutliplicative or additive that would be crazy amount of gold making garrison better source of gold then any proffesion which would be idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    I guess I'll have to rebuild the Inn every two weeks(Build on monday night, get a follower for that week. Wait until reset on tuesday, get another follower. Destroy)
    that would be utterly counterproductive to what u are trying to achieve considering how inn is giving u those 200g + missions

Great news.

It might be nerfed, but then, there are many gold sinks in the game (JC mounts, TCG mounts, rare mounts, traveller mounts - I still need to buy these on my characters). Then there is also BMAH. I also suspect blizz will keep it to introduce those in-game time tokens. FTP WoW is coming closer, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    I don't see how they would nerf scavenger but keep something like this.
    Scavenger change is not much of a nerf because they adjusted the base resource rewards to compensate - overall probably a minimal nerf to characters with lots of good scavengers and a buff to new alts that do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I fully expect the trait to be nerfed, potentially before it even goes live. But even a 25% boost is fairly substantial if you have multiple alts.

I have 8 level 100s with level 3 inns whose garrisons are built around the idea of doing gold-rewarding missions, and I've been keeping a spreadsheet out of curiosity. Over 13 days I got 53k gold for about 30-40 minutes a day's work just sending followers on missions and getting them back. After a year I'd have made over a million, not even counting vendoring other rewards and Salvage Crate stuff.

My thoughts exactly. It's ridiculous money for little time.
    Funny when you think that they removed the "loot scenario" from isle of thunder because it would have been too easy money @lvl 100. Lol.

How many times do I have to post so I can post links does anyone know

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Scavenger change is not much of a nerf because they adjusted the base resource rewards to compensate - overall probably a minimal nerf to characters with lots of good scavengers and a buff to new alts that do not.
    You are mistaken. They only buffed a few of the rare missions. The bread and butter of scavengers has always been the 10ish one man missions you get per day. The 96 and 144 and the like missions. Those are still the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You are mistaken. They only buffed a few of the rare missions. The bread and butter of scavengers has always been the 10ish one man missions you get per day. The 96 and 144 and the like missions. Those are still the same.
    Yeah I thought they were trying to restore balance between alts that proc scavengers and ones that don't. Guess they just don't really care that you may struggle on new characters. Upping those low missions would have made a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Are buildings still going to cost GR and gold to build after 6.1? If so, that could get expensive fast :O But otherwise, pretty smart xD

I wish this was available from launch lol.