Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Starfall nerf but no compensation?

So starfall gets a nerf yet we received no compensation in the clumped aoe department... I dont get it, spread aoe gave us an advantage on one fight in BRF, Krom. Before someone points to Beastlord, stop cheesing the meters on spears, they arent supposed to be a kill target (Blizzard should make them despawn if they dont hit a player to reduce this padding meters crap). In any fight where mobs can be clumped together our aoe is laughed at by any decent enh sham, arms warrior, combat rogue or demo lock... Lets be realistic here, boomies niche is aoe, without it we are... Nerfed arcane mages?

Please bring back cata mushrooms or buff hurricane or change solar flare to a small range aoe nuke or... Something.

Why is it always the people who do normal or heroic mode that always complain the loudest?

We don't need compensation.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    We don't need compensation.
    Nah I mean we don't NEED it, but I'd love to see some of that damage put into hurricane to make it worth casting.

Remember 6.1 isn't out yet and there could be more changes or fine tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nah I mean we don't NEED it, but I'd love to see some of that damage put into hurricane to make it worth casting.
    Hurricane needs to die imo

Nerf is dumb. Balance has enough problems. Let them keep their one good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    spears are a mythic mechanic, they are a actual kill target.
    Spears are a mechanic on every difficulty. They light on fire and start spreading fire around after killing the wyvern boss thing.

Granted, you can ignore them more in normal I suppose and just nuke the boss, but they don't just sit there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone64 View Post
    What problems? Moonkin Form is outdated by 3 expansions...but that's really the only problem I think of?

Hurricane needs to die imo
    haha yeah on that we agree. It just needs to be like earthquake, cast it and forget it...or removed.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno about some of us, but I've been hoping for a starfall nerf. I actually WANT to use starsurge and soul of the forest. Maybe we'll get to do that in 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Spears are a mechanic on every difficulty. They light on fire and start spreading fire around after killing the wyvern boss thing.

Granted, you can ignore them more in normal I suppose and just nuke the boss, but they don't just sit there doing nothing.
    We dont start Mythic till next week but no problems clearing heroic and we ignore the spears almost entirely... Besides me and the other boomie using them to cheese meters so it actually looks like we are a class worth bringing of course. Im happy for them to nerf starfall, hell they can remove it entirely and give me a short range aoe nuke and ill be all smiles. Point is our niche is wide range aoe, if they nerf starfall that diminishes our niche... How long untill its just not worth it? As it is our ret pally blows me away on hands dmg in Krom.

What problems? Moonkin Form is outdated by 3 expansions...but that's really the only problem I think of?
    Well, having some of the absolute worst defensive cooldown options of any spec for one.

Having some of the worst mobile dps, for two.

Being meh for any fight that isn't multitarget, for three.

Pretty much inevitable, sounds like everybody doing progression knew it was coming.

Definitely worthwhile to make your point about areas Moonkins are deficient at this time.

What I've seen so far is suspect though. Moonkin has excellent single target, that is why the Starfall nerf was inevitable.

Okay, so a lot of damage output and we take a lot of damage.
    All ranged have crap dps while moving, we can ignore lots of movement with proper timing.
    What? No. We have insanely strong single-target as well. We're top damage of most encounters.

Okay, so a lot of damage output and we take a lot of damage.
    All ranged have crap dps while moving, we can ignore lots of movement with proper timing.
    What? No. We have insanely strong single-target as well. We're top damage of most encounters.
    We have damage output like every dps and we take more damage with less snap survivability.

We have worse mobile dps than most.

What single target fight do we top? We dont top any of them. The only true single target fight in BRF is Gruul and we aren't anywhere near the top. There is one highly geared druid on heroic gruul in the top 100. Just one.

Honestly, don't claim that sort of crap without actually looking at logs.

What logs are you looking at? on warcraft logs the only fights we're top or get close to the top on any difficulty are split aoe bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftycenttt View Post
    What logs are you looking at? on warcraft logs the only fights we're top or get close to the top on any difficulty are split aoe bosses.
    So every fight except 1-2? We still dont need compensation for that.

A hybrid class with a 1 button win on multi target fights is complaining about not topping the charts? If anything you need more nerfs and not "compensation" of any kind.

We have damage output like every dps and we take more damage with less snap survivability.

We have worse mobile dps than most.

What single target fight do we top? We dont top any of them. The only true single target fight in BRF is Gruul and we aren't anywhere near the top. There is one highly geared druid on heroic gruul in the top 100. Just one.

Honestly, don't claim that sort of crap without actually looking at logs.
    heroic? ah, alright good point
    wait a minute
    are we talking about the same heroic? like the difficulty below what matters?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get a compensation buff when something is blatantly overpowered

On the Mythic butcher statistics on Warcraft logs, Balance is the 4th best spec at both 80th and 95th percentiles. Balance single target is very strong, you don't get one of the best AoE aswell to go along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.