Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i must say, we do deserve some fun after MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    here is a quote and theres more info on this online

Furor and Tigole hated hybrid classes. Their anti-hybrid stance was notorious in Everquest. Furor was an obnoxious baby who organized server crash protests because Paladins out-tanked him in the EQ Planes of Power expansion. He was a loudmouthed brat who didn't care a lick about taking all the fun out of the game for other people.

Tigole was his best friend.

When Vivendi bought Blizzard, much of Blizzard's developing talent left. Some of these were Diablo and Starcraft developers. They went to various other projects, including Hellgate: London and Arenanet. It's unclear whether they were fired, or merely quit.

With several of the original WoW developers gone, these two geniuses were suddenly in positions of influence, in a game with three hybrid classes. Two guys who crashed servers because, for whatever petty and childish reason, they saw red whenever someone with a mana bar out-tanked Furor's pwecious warrior.

Talk about a perfect storm.

Then the class nerfs began.

Paladins suffered from nerf after nerf, beginning with a complete gutting of the class one week before the end of open beta. This culminated in a class review wherein the class was outright lied to by CMs, their forum trolls were praised, and almost none of their major concerns were addressed. They became a pure support class, almost identical to the Everquest Cleric. Big surprise, nobody wants to play them, either. Seen how many endgame WoW Ret Paladins there are? The latest Judgement of the Wise nerf only proves the point. Many will quit or reroll. Having your class being treated like a diseased dog for 3+ years with promises of "no nerfs, just tweaks" and then being lied to just doesn't sit well.

i wish there was some way we could email the developers who did this and confirm that they did this (they did but see if they admit to doing it) do you guys know a way? before moderators delete this because they think its made up you should do the research, this is old and true news. they had holy strike and crusader strike but he wanted them to be weak in revenge

furor is on twitter so i already asked him. hopefully if you guys ask too he will answer us
    So, where is your source for this information, or did you pull it out of your ass?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disabled adblock hoping for pictures. No pictures. Disappointment.
    Look! Words!

When did we end up back in 2005? All of this is so irrelevant now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    here is a quote and theres more info on this online

Furor and Tigole hated hybrid classes. Their anti-hybrid stance was notorious in Everquest. Furor was an obnoxious baby who organized server crash protests because Paladins out-tanked him in the EQ Planes of Power expansion. He was a loudmouthed brat who didn't care a lick about taking all the fun out of the game for other people.

Tigole was his best friend.

When Vivendi bought Blizzard, much of Blizzard's developing talent left. Some of these were Diablo and Starcraft developers. They went to various other projects, including Hellgate: London and Arenanet. It's unclear whether they were fired, or merely quit.

With several of the original WoW developers gone, these two geniuses were suddenly in positions of influence, in a game with three hybrid classes. Two guys who crashed servers because, for whatever petty and childish reason, they saw red whenever someone with a mana bar out-tanked Furor's pwecious warrior.

Talk about a perfect storm.

Then the class nerfs began.

Paladins suffered from nerf after nerf, beginning with a complete gutting of the class one week before the end of open beta. This culminated in a class review wherein the class was outright lied to by CMs, their forum trolls were praised, and almost none of their major concerns were addressed. They became a pure support class, almost identical to the Everquest Cleric. Big surprise, nobody wants to play them, either. Seen how many endgame WoW Ret Paladins there are? The latest Judgement of the Wise nerf only proves the point. Many will quit or reroll. Having your class being treated like a diseased dog for 3+ years with promises of "no nerfs, just tweaks" and then being lied to just doesn't sit well.

i wish there was some way we could email the developers who did this and confirm that they did this (they did but see if they admit to doing it) do you guys know a way? before moderators delete this because they think its made up you should do the research, this is old and true news. they had holy strike and crusader strike but he wanted them to be weak in revenge

furor is on twitter so i already asked him. hopefully if you guys ask too he will answer us
    This news is literally a decade old why are you posting this?

Not just paladins were gutted for vanilla launch. Ret was fine in TBC but you had to have skill at playing the class.

The only other worst scenario was Cata launch but that was the entire result of the worst fucking mastery in the game. To a point it was nonexistent and got an entire redesign.

Also Tigole and Furor weren't fired. Your post full of ignorance.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-02-11 at 11:39 PM.

deja vu

it's 2015 come up with something new please -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Of course, Ghostcrawler is also the guy who lead the dev team that made all tanks able to tank all content, and all DPS (hybrid or not) be at least in the same ballpark. Sure, WotLK was a bit of a roller-coaster for Ret, but at least they got to be on the ride, rather than on the sidelines behind the rope as was previously the case.
    Ret was never bad at any point during Wotlk. STill have no idea where these ignorant and uninformed statements come from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I still long for the days when Divine Storm healed for 33% instead of 25%.

It was so OP to have Divine Shield and Avenging Wrath at the same time.

And Avenging Wrath usable at 35%.

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    ? what the hell are you talking about

I know you're wrong but maybe you're thinking about Wings causes you to bypass damage reduction effects. aka Full damage blast a dispersed priest ect.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Ret was never bad at any point during Wotlk. STill have no idea where these ignorant and uninformed statements come from.

- - - Updated - - -

? what the hell are you talking about

I know you're wrong but maybe you're thinking about Wings causes you to bypass damage reduction effects. aka Full damage blast a dispersed priest ect.
    Fairly certain he meant to say hammer of wrath usable at 35%

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Ret sucked way more before Ghostcrawler. The spec was practically unplayable during much of tBC, and during Vanilla you were expected to be a dispel bot.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes his details are wrong, however in every large organization, there is "how it works" and how it actually works. So, he is specifically wrong but generally he has a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Ret still only gets to be good for 2 weeks every 4 years maybe?
    Why all the doom and gloom. Turning ant hills into everest

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    Fairly certain he meant to say hammer of wrath usable at 35%
    ? You mean now? And before Wotlk you couldn't even use Hammer of Wrath.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2015-02-11 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Nice witch hunt thread.
    It's not a witch hunt if their behavior has been well known and documented for years. Also, just as an FYI, they're not the first, nor the last, game developers who are well known for being drama queens and having inflated egos...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    This is water so far under the bridge, being roughly a decade old now, that... what is the point of all of this?
    That may be so but it does put a lot of things into perspective. Definitely clears up why my paladin was a buff bot that hit like a wet noodle back in vanilla.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno much about ret paladins in pve but around the middle of BC and towards the end they were quite formidable in pvp. their healing was pretty good too.

s5 and s6 ret paladins, well lets just all accept the fact that no one in their right mind can argue they were weak during this period and again towards the latter half of the expansion their healing was pretty retarded.

of course this is all just my opinion but the only time i ever considered paladins weak were in vanilla. carry on

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's because Ret Paladins were actually strong at the start of Wotlk and could actually be nerfed more than they already were. Also, the whole "Into the Ground" statement.
    my main used to be ret pally, your dammed fucking right we were strong, and we bloody derserved it, ignoring it was a undead theme, did you ever play a ret pally in tbc, those were dark dark times, never get a group for anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    This sounds like a thread an obnoxious crybaby would create.
    So, like Alex Afrasiabi, then?

/rimshot
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I don't see how this matters in 2015.
    This. Exactly why does this matter? Serious question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody contact Stephen Hawking, we've found some time travelers.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerchrist View Post
    Ah, a thread about "I got no fucking idea how blizzard development works"
    What? Nothing to do with knowing how it works. OP is right, however OP is just digging up the pointless past.
    -K

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i dunno much about ret paladins in pve but around the middle of BC and towards the end they were quite formidable in pvp. their healing was pretty good too.
    I went to the test server to try out Ret and reported how insane it was way before any of it was released.

Here were are some examples of how broken it was after they released the patch:

1. Popping wings and bubble let me win a 5 vs 1 fight at lumbermill, all of them had PVP gear.
    2. Killed warrior in top end PVP gear in under 3 seconds.
    3. Pulled 10+ monsters and still had full health.
    4. Top raid dps on Illidan in PVP gear, I had never seen the fight before and many of the people on the raid were fully raid geared and experienced.

Ret was completely broken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I went to the test server to try out Ret and reported how insane it was way before any of it was released.

Here were are some examples of how broken it was after they released the patch:

1. Popping wings and bubble let me win a 5 vs 1 fight at lumbermill, all of them had PVP gear.
    2. Killed warrior in top end PVP gear in under 3 seconds.
    3. Pulled 10+ monsters and still had full health.
    4. Top raid dps on Illidan in PVP gear, I had never seen the fight before and many of the people on the raid were fully raid geared and experienced.

Ret was completely broken!
    3.0.1 they were OP yes and so were mages. Then DK/x came along with Rogue/Mage(ret) comps and it was madness. At the same time TSG and blow up zergs like eles/destros were raining hell on everyone.
    -K

yeah ... but do you remember how awesome shamans were?!

FROSTSHOCK!