Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Lost Vikings Are Out Next Week!

Ill probably buy them...I'll suck at them...but I want them if only because I've waited so many years to play this trio again.

I think I'll stick to keeping them together for a while, though, less microing.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Cool, I need that for science purposes. The timing is brilliant too, I'm starting the research project next week. People are randomly having brilliant timing lately...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    YES!!!!!!!!I already have my 15k gold save up to play them!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Whooooo! My most anticipated hero!

Better get saving them coins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Aaaaah.. I just bought Murky for 10k.. Guess I have to farm a ton of gold now

10+ Year Old Account
    AWESOME! Do we have any idea of their kit? Other than "Holy Balls extreme difficulty!?"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    AWESOME! Do we have any idea of their kit? Other than "Holy Balls extreme difficulty!?"
    extreme difficulty? its only 3 units.....its a cut down meepo

Each one has a different move and attack, one ranged, one melee, one tank. You control them separatly or group them up, you can talent new abilities, and their ultimate (at least one of them) groups them up to form a viking longboat! at least that was the version that was seen a while back.

Interesting, but mostly you'll keep them together as each one individually is pretty useless, and together they are as strong as 1 "normal" hero. They have a higher skill cap I suppose as you can distribute them out to cap objectives solo...but in practise that wont happen often as they are individually weak.

The benefit of split heroes like meepo in dota for instance is not the split whilst fighting...its the split whilst farming. but thats irrelevant in HotS. They look interesting, but I think there is less reason to split in hots, so I dont expect them to be all that difficult.

Of course, thats just impression from very limited exposure to an early version....could be totally different now!
    Last edited by mmoc3f25629bd0; 2015-02-06 at 12:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    From me remembering what blizzard said, each Viking has their own sprint ability. They have one main attack ability that when used, they all attack, or something like that. Blizzard said you could either go for a passive talents or maybe them being grouped up abilities, or being able to talent abilities for a certain Viking(Olag might have a take less damage ability that is only for him, that is an example that I just made up). One of the Ults they have can summon a viking ship and they will all row/fly across a portion of the map.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    extreme difficulty? its only 3 units.....its a cut down meepo
    the "Holy balls, extreme diffuculty" was more an imagined reaction to seeing them being flagged as the first "Extremely Diffcult" character, not an actual prediction on their difficulty.

Longboat ulti sounds fun, hopefully not ANOTHER freaking "And now I have a new healthbar bwahaha" type ulti... I guess we'll just have to wait a week for them to be released until we get a real look at their kit...

That said, didn't we have Jaina and Thrall's kits LONG before they were in game?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    the "Holy balls, extreme diffuculty" was more an imagined reaction to seeing them being flagged as the first "Extremely Diffcult" character, not an actual prediction on their difficulty.

Longboat ulti sounds fun, hopefully not ANOTHER freaking "And now I have a new healthbar bwahaha" type ulti... I guess we'll just have to wait a week for them to be released until we get a real look at their kit...

That said, didn't we have Jaina and Thrall's kits LONG before they were in game?
    I don't think so, I guessed many of Thralls kits based on gameplay footage. Someone might have copied down the lost Vikings from blizcon, only real way I think someone would know it, it could have also changed. I thinktheir ult is going to be more of a Nazeboo ult than a Tychus one, it may maybe combine their health pools? Not sure.

Isn't the preview footage up on youtube somewhere? Can't check from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't the preview footage up on youtube somewhere? Can't check from work.
    Theres this:

Olaf has a Charge move, they all might have some spinning move? The boat is an extra heal bar. >.>. One of the Viking might have a cone aoe ability? And it seems like the Vikings at the end have this purple aura on them? They also might have burning rage?

Deleted
    I don't even care if they suck balls, I'm getting them the moment they come out.

If nothing else, it'll be a blast learning to play the hero.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeafmuncher View Post
    I don't even care if they suck balls, I'm getting them the moment they come out.

If nothing else, it'll be a blast learning to play the hero.
    Don't you mean Heroes?

I am going to piss so many people by trolling a Lost Vikings pick because theirs more than one, so of course they are stronger than a regular hero!

we'll have two simultaneous things happening at once.

where the vikings will not be quite so well tuned against the other heroes and blizzard will watch the match data streaming in to see how to further adjust them.

one: People fight them will call them OP (most of it will however be due to them not knowing how to counter or fight them and not bothering to find out how or how they work)

Two: will be where people will hate having them in their team because people don't know how to play them right and they feel like a burden holding the team back.

Also note. the hero will only be OP for each and every one of us when we fight them and lose. But will be weak and a burden when on our team, for each and every one of us. no exception. (this part is a joke)

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if you can send each of three Vikings to soak lane exp and let the rest of the team roam freely?
    Space magic.

Well,
    I think these guys will be fun and good (especially on Sky Temple), but only when a person is good at microing.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    I wonder if you can send each of three Vikings to soak lane exp and let the rest of the team roam freely?
    That would be OP as hell! I think it would be hard to manage to 1v1, 1v2, 1v2 and keep tabs on everyone. But I suck at microing so maybe that is just me

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    That would be OP as hell! I think it would be hard to manage to 1v1, 1v2, 1v2 and keep tabs on everyone. But I suck at microing so maybe that is just me
    You don't really need to manage anything, just stay near the place where enemy creeps die and let your team roam around killing enemies.
    Space magic.